Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hkusumadi is on a distinguished road
Default [PERM Process] Can't continue the process for I-140 and I-485

I received my Labor Certificate with PERM process. Right now, I can't continue the process for I-140 and I-485. My lawyer just found out that my degree is Master of Business Administration, while the Labor Certificate is based on Master of Science. My current position is Software Engineer.

My questions are:
1. Is there a problem of having an MBA and working as a software engineer? As my understanding, MBA and MSc are the same level.
2. Can I continue the case since I already got my Labor Certificate?

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GotGC?? is on a distinguished road

And this "attorney" was actually paid for filing this PERM application?

The educational requirements specified in the PERM may give you some room to wriggle out of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkusumadi
I received my Labor Certificate with PERM process. Right now, I can't continue the process for I-140 and I-485. My lawyer just found out that my degree is Master of Business Administration, while the Labor Certificate is based on Master of Science. My current position is Software Engineer.

My questions are:
1. Is there a problem of having an MBA and working as a software engineer? As my understanding, MBA and MSc are the same level.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hkusumadi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGC??
And this "attorney" was actually paid for filing this PERM application?

The educational requirements specified in the PERM may give you some room to wriggle out of this.
Yes. I have paid quite amount of money to fill the PERM application.
So, what you are saying that I actually can continue the process?

Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longq is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear. your education (degree and specilization) must meet the education requirement for the job as mentioned in the labor certification. In general, MS and MBA is not related, unless your lc states that any master degree acceptable for your job. it is a mistake of your lawyer.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
invincibleasian can only hope to improve

Quote:

My questions are:

Amend the LC!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GotGC?? is on a distinguished road

You missed the sarcasm, never mind

Yes, depending on how the educational requirements in your LC is worded - I mean right down to the last word - it just might leave you with some room for manoeuvre.

Quote:
Yes. I have paid quite amount of money to fill the PERM application.
So, what you are saying that I actually can continue the process?

Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
centaur is infamous around these parts centaur is infamous around these parts

You need to get another attorney, first and foremost. Sorry its a bit harsh, but it's for your best. There might be problems later and you need to ask yourself-- is this attorney (who apparently didnot go through the case before filing) giving you what you paid for?

Quote:

My questions are:

Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Yes. Thats true. My cousin is in the law school here and he says that the laziest or weakest in the class go for immigration law (usually, there are exceptions) as it's "easy" most of the time you are just filing forms and immigrant like us pay on time, are polite and dont cause them "stress".

A lot of them have "UNPAID" interns, usually law students, do all the work while they are hardly working (playing golf, socializing..) and then they sign all these forms in 20-30 minutes, if they decide to work that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakp
Such is the story of lot of immigration lawyers. A lot of us I am sure do not like their lawyers.
Lawyers do not even read the full application properly. They delegate the responsibility of reading and writing applications to their trainees and paralegals. I do not even know why lawyers charge such heavy fees for not doing any hard work. Lawyers do not even tell you which documents to send when you file application. They keep asking documents one by one. Can't they keep a list of all documents for each application form and send it to their clients in advance. Such problems are faced with people who have both big lawyers and small lawyers.

Another thing. I saw the list of top lawyers by bestlawyers.com and saw their selection criteria. It seems lawyers select each other. I wish they had clients rating lawyers and not peer review.

No wonder only the worst students of law become immigration lawyers. Oops, i said something bad!! Some lawyer reading this will sue me for saying this...

Last edited by centaur; 03-27-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
xbohdpukc is on a distinguished road

I think the main point (and the most expensive one) is how you advertised your position and what requirements you put in printed ads. You can refile PERM and get a decision quite easily if you can find a wiggling room in your ad to squeeze your MBA degree in those reqs.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2003
Compare
willgetgc2005 is on a distinguished road
Default PERM recruitment efforts

Hello,

My PERM ad was placed and the lawyer said there are responses and company will have to take recruitment steps before he can file.

Company say he has done recruitment and sent report to lawyer. Lawyer says no, I have not received recruitment report. What is this recruitment report ? Is the PERM application not strong if there are responses.

I am really struggling between lawyer and company. Any thoughts. They seem to be dodging me after taking money. If i have some details from experinced gurus, I can talk to them. Else, they just delay after taking legal fee.

Please help

Old 03-28-2007, 08:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Its a report from your employer saying how many people responded, how many were INTERVIEWED and why were citizens not given your position, if they applied for it , based on the recruitment drive. If there were responses, company has no choice but to conduct interviews and come with a legitimate reason for turnig down citizens. So your lawyer is right.

Pay your lawyer after the work is done, not before, or pay in installments. That keeps the pressure on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgetgc2005
Hello,

My PERM ad was placed and the lawyer said there are responses and company will have to take recruitment steps before he can file.

Company say he has done recruitment and sent report to lawyer. Lawyer says no, I have not received recruitment report. What is this recruitment report ? Is the PERM application not strong if there are responses.

I am really struggling between lawyer and company. Any thoughts. They seem to be dodging me after taking money. If i have some details from experinced gurus, I can talk to them. Else, they just delay after taking legal fee.

Please help

Last edited by centaur; 03-28-2007 at 08:25 AM.