Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Gurus,
I have a question as follows. I was with an old company and transferred the H1 in the 9th year to the new company. I already had my Labor and I-140 approved with the old company (EB3-I Category).
After switching to this new company I had to start my PERM all over again as I missed the July 2007 boat and could not file for I-485. My new company is based in L.A.-California. I am already drawing my salary from new company. They only have office in L.A. I work for them from my home office in NJ. Today the company's attorney called & asked me that I needed to have L.A. residential address as it is required to be stated on the application. I have no intentions to move to L.A. in near future. I am in a fix now as to how to go about this. I will appreciate all you gurus and experts advice and also please advise me repercussions if any.
Please help.

(see I-485 filing w/o current PD thread) and momentum to continue with this campaign.The survey is a platform to gather and push for launching action items. Based on response by 04/30/2011 - IV will decide whether to even proceed with initiative or not.
Actions - 1) Vote on survey.
2)Email ivcoordinator@gmail.com with PD, ph#,email & subject "I485 filing impacted”,
3)Print/Circulate Fliers and spread FB, wiki link (see "support thread")
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Last edited by SGP; 03-22-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

I will really appreciate your suggestions friends.
---------------------------------
Deadline = April 30th, 2011
Goal = 5000 votes on survey
(see I-485 filing w/o current PD thread) and momentum to continue with this campaign.The survey is a platform to gather and push for launching action items. Based on response by 04/30/2011 - IV will decide whether to even proceed with initiative or not.
2)Email ivcoordinator@gmail.com with PD, ph#,email & subject "I485 filing impacted”,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGP View Post
Hello Gurus,
I have a question as follows. I was with an old company and transferred the H1 in the 9th year to the new company. I already had my Labor and I-140 approved with the old company (EB3-I Category).
After switching to this new company I had to start my PERM all over again as I missed the July 2007 boat and could not file for I-485. My new company is based in L.A.-California. I am already drawing my salary from new company. They only have office in L.A. I work for them from my home office in NJ. Today the company's attorney called & asked me that I needed to have L.A. residential address as it is required to be stated on the application. I have no intentions to move to L.A. in near future. I am in a fix now as to how to go about this. I will appreciate all you gurus and experts advice and also please advise me repercussions if any.
Please help.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare

I will really appreciate your suggestions friends.

Quote:
Hello Gurus,
Please help.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare

Please help.

---------------------

Quote:
Hello Gurus,
Please help.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light somex is a glorious beacon of light
Default Start time for PERM process?

Hi ,
My I140 approved with priority date in November 2007. My wife works for American Vendor and her 6th year on H1B would be over by October 2012. Her company is not willing to initiate GC process. Right now her job is going smooth and could go for little longer. I wanted her to continue till mid of next year and then look for H1B transfer with immidiate GC process. Now the question, Is there any rule that we should start PERM 365 days before end of 6th year? Because I heard that we should file Labor in 5th year (365 days before). I am kind of confused... Please clarify this , I really appreciate it.

Regards.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute

SGP are you working at Client's site in NJ or are you working from Home for a company in LA, CA ?

If you are at Client Site then you need a LCA for NJ and no need for address in LA., CA

If you are working from home, then you have to check what does your Paystub say, if it says that you are an employee in LA, CA you have to find a home in CA.

It is from my understanding of the law. Other's please comment

Old 03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare

Hi abhishek101. Thanks for your reply.

I am working from NJ Home office for a company which is in LA, CA.

Paystub: My address mentioned on it is my NJ Home address. The company's address of course is LA, CA. The taxes which they are deducting is CA taxes.

Based on these replies would you please be able to give your suggestions. I await suggestions and comments from others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek101 View Post
SGP are you working at Client's site in NJ or are you working from Home for a company in LA, CA ?

If you are at Client Site then you need a LCA for NJ and no need for address in LA., CA

If you are working from home, then you have to check what does your Paystub say, if it says that you are an employee in LA, CA you have to find a home in CA.

It is from my understanding of the law. Other's please comment

Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare

Any suggestions, comments, opinions....?

Quote:
Hello Gurus,
Please help.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

SGP

Did you ask in the IV Free attorney call? Some of the top attorneys come on this free calls every week.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare

Yes, I know. I have availed of this facility many times and have also suggested many other fellow members. But unfortunately there are no attorney calls today

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
SGP

Did you ask in the IV Free attorney call? Some of the top attorneys come on this free calls every week.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute unitednations has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I know. I have availed of this facility many times and have also suggested many other fellow members. But unfortunately there are no attorney calls today
what the law is; is that greencard is for future position. who you are working with/where you live, what your status is; is totally irrelevant.

the company is probably advertising the position in california and that is where the job opportunity is. If it doesn't allow for travel then company is saying that is where you are going to permanently work.

Where you are currently doesn't matter within the law.

however, in the last few months; department of labor in audit requests has stated that job opportunity is at xx location but person address is at xxx and to explain the discrepancy. I haven't seen this type of query recently but your lawyer is probably thinking about getting this type of query.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/02/2011
Compare
kabHogaGc is infamous around these parts kabHogaGc is infamous around these parts kabHogaGc is infamous around these parts kabHogaGc is infamous around these parts kabHogaGc is infamous around these parts kabHogaGc is infamous around these parts kabHogaGc is infamous around these parts
Default 2 PERM's

1st Perm EB2 (Team Leader) Oct 2007 (went through 2 Audits and then denied, then appealed)
2nd Perm EB2 (Project Leader) May 2010 (filed parallely with Perm 1 being appealed)
1st Perm Approved
2nd Perm Denied
Lawyers say that denial was on employment and hence appeal and tell me no impact on my Perm 1
Meanwhile I get current file 485, get EAD/AP
After 1 and a half years, DOS appeals Perm 2 which was appealed
Lawyer is saying we should not withdraw as both positions are similar and should reply to the audit and will not have impact on my Perm 1 which is approved/certified

Please suggest if withdrwal is a better / safer option or appeal on Perm 2 will have no impact on Perm 1 and hence is also safe?

Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
June2004 is on a distinguished road
Default Roving and Telecommuting Help needed

Hi,

I got my PERM audited and I got 3 queries. Out of which last one stated below needs some help. I work in tri-state area. I work and live in NY. But my employer is in NJ. Ad was gievn only in NJ. PERM was submitted statibng that no US worker is found in NJ hence they are submitting my GC application. But question I have is, if I am work for a client in NY, and if they give ad in NJ and state that they did not find any suitable US candidate, how are they going to take it.

How do we answer below audit question. PLease help me.

A review your application for permanent Emp certification indicates possible "telecommuting" benefit and/or "Roving" travel requirement.

IN accordance with this, please provide a response to the following questions including any relavent supporting documents:

1) can the employee for the job opportunity live anywhere in the US and perform the duties listed ion your ETA Form 9089? Please explain geographical job requirement for this position.
2) Does the job opportunity listed on your ETA For 9089 have a telecommuting benefit? Please explain this benefit in detail.
3) Does the job opportunity listed in your ETA Form 9089 require travel to either regional or national worksites? Please explain.

Email ad:

The current job opening is for a ..........................Master�s or equiv. in Computer Applications or Computer Science required with at least two (2) years of experience specializing in XXX systems. Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. Applicants must be willing to travel/relocate. Applicants must have legal authority work permanently in the United States 40 hours per week, 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday; $XXXX/year.

Paper ad:
.................................................. .........xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx........
Master�s or equiv. in Comp Apps or Comp Sci req w at least 2 yrs exp specializing in XXX systems. Relocation may be req. Any suitable combo of edu, training or exp acceptable. Send res and cover letter to HR..address...

Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of coolkirsh has much to be proud of
Default Multiple PERM different employers.

Hi,

I knew that we can apply multiple PERMs through different employers.
Has something changed after 2010?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Krish.