Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default All PERM Labor application questions and discussions here

Can anyone tell me how long does it take on an average to prepare an application (advertising, waiting for responses etc) for PERM? Also, the 30 days waiting time for response....does it include weekends or is it 30 business days?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mdforgc is infamous around these parts
Default PERM filing

The first step you should get your employer to do is to file a job order in the state job bank or americas job bank. You have to keep this ad for 30 days and then wait another 30 days to file PERM. This is the longest time. All other forms of recruitment needs to wait only 30 days and you can file PERM on the 31st day. There is no mention of working days or weekends, it is 30 continuous days. As you know in addition to this job bank order, and two Sunday newspaper ads, there has to be three other forms of recruitment before you can file PERM. If your employer and lawyer are really proactive it will only take 60 days to file PERM from start to finish. You also have to get a prevailing wage determination and post it at your job site for 10 days not including holidays and weekends. Hope this helps. Please contribute and incrase the membership of IV for the good of all of us.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default Thank You

Thank you very much mdforgc for your detailed response. I appreciate you taking the time to explain me. I have contributed $200 towards IV and am very pleased with the work of the IV core group. I hope we will continue the momentum we have generated and find a solution to our GC problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdforgc
The first step you should get your employer to do is to file a job order in the state job bank or americas job bank. You have to keep this ad for 30 days and then wait another 30 days to file PERM. This is the longest time. All other forms of recruitment needs to wait only 30 days and you can file PERM on the 31st day. There is no mention of working days or weekends, it is 30 continuous days. As you know in addition to this job bank order, and two Sunday newspaper ads, there has to be three other forms of recruitment before you can file PERM. If your employer and lawyer are really proactive it will only take 60 days to file PERM from start to finish. You also have to get a prevailing wage determination and post it at your job site for 10 days not including holidays and weekends. Hope this helps. Please contribute and incrase the membership of IV for the good of all of us.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Juan28210 is on a distinguished road
Default TR to RIR, using PERM advertisement effort?

I have an approved labor cert thru PERM(PD: July 2006). The advertisements were made in May.

I also have a pending TR case in DBEC(PD: Aug 2002). I'm planning to have it converted to RIR. Would anyone know if I can use the same advertisement efforts that were used in the PERM case, as basis for the TR to RIR conversion?

Old 12-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cambodia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
valysivec27 is on a distinguished road

I'm in a similar situation and I want to ask you if DOL withdrawn your file from the backlog center if you had a PERM application approved.

Is it Ok to have one application pending in the Backlog center and a PERM Labor certification approved if the applications are for 2 different jobs?

Thanks,
Valy

Old 12-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cambodia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Traditional application and PERM

Hello,

I have a pending Labor application in Backlog center with PD 03/01/2003. In 2006 the corporate attorney applied for a new Labor certification with PERM that got approved.

The jobs descriptions were slightly different, so he recommended NOT TO re-file with PERM and leave the application in the Backlog center as it is.

Unfortunatelly, I checked the application status in the Backlog center and it shows as withdrawn. It seems that DOL withdraws the applications from the backlog center queue if you have a PERM application approved without giving us any option. My attorney contacted the backlog center but they woudn't want to re-instate the case, because they say I have a PERM approved... However, there is no law that prevent somebody having 2 petitions for 2 diff positions... Am I right here?

I'd want to know if you heard about this type of issue and I'm open to any suggestions.

What should I do?. Is it acceptable to contact AILA?

Best regards,
Valy

Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cambodia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Any feedback?

Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
agiridhar is on a distinguished road
Default do I file for PERM in eb2 now or wait for mar04 non-rir from BEC?

--

Last edited by agiridhar; 05-28-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
agiridhar is on a distinguished road

am from India.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Checking PERM status online

Hi guys,

Is there a way to check your PERM status online using the receipt number? I tried researching it but did not find anything.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa
Hi guys,

Is there a way to check your PERM status online using the receipt number? I tried researching it but did not find anything.
Only your lawyer or company can check it ...Labor is for company and not you.... so they have a right to check it.

Contributed so far : $1100
Current Contribution : $100 per month
Pledge : Will donate $500 if we meet the following targets 20$ of 200 and 50$ 100 and 100$ 20 members.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default HR can help you

Request your HR for help. They can give you access to the web-site and create sub-account for you.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of
Default PERM status check

I think you yourself can check the status if you can get receipt number from your attorney

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

I checked my 140 status, H1 Extn status. I am positive that you can do for labor also.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramy
I think you yourself can check the status if you can get receipt number from your attorney

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

I checked my 140 status, H1 Extn status. I am positive that you can do for labor also.
Nope you cannot do it. Only if you have account to login in the PERM system.you can check the status.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of vikramy has much to be proud of

I created my own login. But again, i did not do for Labor, so i may not be right. But for sure, I did for my 140.