Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
champak3 is on a distinguished road
Default Message for people stuck at Atlanta PERM

If you are stuck at Atlanta PERM backlog center , please email your case number and explain them that your application has been pending for a LONG time and request them to help us get out of this grave situation. Also, please post on this thread after you have sent an email so that others can be motivated to do the same. We need to send as many emails as possible to get any positive feedback. I know that DOL mentioned that they will start processing our applications soon, but we need to keep up the pressure from our end so that it has some positive effect.

I know most of the people on this forum are not in this situation ..... but let's see how many can come out of this selfishness and help others by emailing / phoning DOL Atlanta to help other brothers who want to file AOS just like them...... When phone campaigns / email campaigns happen .... we who are stuck at Atlanta help others tooo... so let's see how many on this form help us now...

Here is the info :
email : Perm.DFLC@dol.gov
Phone : 404-893-0101

Thanks
Champak (Same as 1 and 2)
====================

First there was celebration by Atlanta center people and BEC people when visa fiasco happened. They rejoiced that since they cannot file I485, others should not be able to do so too as if this is some divine justice. When this was not sick enough, threads started blaming IV not caring for its members. (BTW this thread is started by a member who is anonymous and has been a known heckler and has posted offensive messages about IV in the past). Then there are emails being sent.

If you think spamming DOL and others with anonymous emails will help, you are wrong. I am seeing lots of emails from people with sender names like 'big_cat' , 'aabbccddeeffgg' etc etc talking about this 'huge injustice' and saying that Atlanta problem affecting 'millions of people' and that this is 'not what forefathers of America dreamt of'. Not even a single person wrote such emails with their name, address and phone number and a case number for someone to act on it. I hope highly skilled and intelligent people of this community use their intelligence when they write such emails. If you are so scared that you cannot even go and meet anyone, so scared that you cannot even write your name, address and phone number in your mail , do you think anyone will take you seriously? The emails core got from its members are also mostly anonymous and some went to the extent of telling core to only focus on Atlanta Perm because this is the 'real' issue.

If IV core was to take such anonymity approach in our advocacy efforts, IV would have been just a spammer organization and nothing else.

If you like to dwell in the shadows then just support IV and let us do our advocacy efforts. Or join an organization for illegals instead of Immigrationvoice. With our efforts and success 'everyone' will benefit. Have patience and faith.

- Pappu

====================

Last edited by pappu; 07-29-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by champak3
If you are stuck at Atlanta PERM backlog center , please email your case number and explain them that your application has been pending for a LONG time and request them to help us get out of this grave situation. Also, please post on this thread after you have sent an email so that others can be motivated to do the same. We need to send as many emails as possible to get any positive feedback. I know that DOL mentioned that they will start processing our applications soon, but we need to keep up the pressure from our end so that it has some positive effect.

I know most of the people on this forum are not in this situation ..... but let's see how many can come out of this selfishness and help others by emailing / phoning DOL Atlanta to help other brothers who want to file AOS just like them...... When phone campaigns / email campaigns happen .... we who are stuck at Atlanta help others tooo... so let's see how many on this form help us now...

Here is the info :

Thanks
Didn't realise they now have a PERM backlog center. I thought baclkog centers were only for traditional and RIR labours, I guess there is no end to the circus of immigration life.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2012
Compare
sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by champak3

Here is the info :

Thanks
Champak, I'm in the same boat as yours. Called the Atlanta number and left a message with my case number. My attorney sent an email this week. I have also asked my employer to do the same. Maybe I'll take your advice and send them an email too.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bigtime007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy_anand
Champak, I'm in the same boat as yours. Called the Atlanta number and left a message with my case number. My attorney sent an email this week. I have also asked my employer to do the same. Maybe I'll take your advice and send them an email too.
How long has your case been pending? My case is pending for only one month, not sure if my lawyer and employer will send email for me.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/18/2008
Chargeability
:
Sri Lanka
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/18/2008
Compare
Kodi has a spectacular aura about Kodi has a spectacular aura about Kodi has a spectacular aura about

Mine is just over a month but won't be clearing for a while since there's lot more cases pending that were filed before me. Can I still email/Call?

They don't seem to be going in any order. Some applications from April was cleared recently where as Feb March is still pending..

Old 06-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego
Didn't realise they now have a PERM backlog center. I thought baclkog centers were only for traditional and RIR labours, I guess there is no end to the circus of immigration life.
officially no PERM backlog center exist....but the way Atlanta is processing cases...i think we can call them the backlog center when compared to Chicago which is processing it in a week or two :-))

Old 06-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip
what is your PD?
not sure why is this question imp , but it's nov 2006 .....

Old 06-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
skv is on a distinguished road
Default Response from Atlanta Help Desk - PERM

Thank you for your e-mail to the National Processing Center concerning
your case filed under the PERM program.

Our office can only respond to inquiries from the employer's contact
person or attorney/agent listed on the submitted 9089 form.

Atlanta Help Desk (17)

Above is the message, I got it from them. I can't contact my attorney, because that's our company policy. While the HR told me that they will inform me when my PERM gets approved.

Hope after 5 long years , my GC ambition will be completed this time. All the best for rest of the folks!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Smile So we all should be fine to file I-485 up until end of September guys ?

Good Morning guys,

So we all should be fine to file I-485 up until end of September guys, before the retro kicks off ?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Smile God is great and life is a cycle of events

Hope not, we never thought that this will be current so soon. so my gut feeling is that we all should be fine up until Sep end.

Good luck for you and all!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
skillet is on a distinguished road
Default Atlanta Service Center

I filed my labor on Feb 5th and still in processing. My lawyer has opened an enquiry but so far no response. I read this in the Immigration -law site:

As to the problem of Atlanta National Service Center delays, there were rush of H-2B case filings and that Center had to switch around the resources from PERM to H-2B cases. However, the situation is under control and the Atlanta Center will see positive changes from here on in terms of the processing times. There are aware that in light of the immigrant visa number changes in July 2007, such changes should help in achieving some level of fairness.

Hope something works out quickly before we miss the bus. I am planning to send an email or request to my Senator. Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Old 06-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutrip
I am praying what u say is right!1111

Hope and wish your prayers will be answered. After we have waited long enough to have luck on our side this time !!! :-)

Old 06-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2006
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2006
Compare
reno_john has a spectacular aura about reno_john has a spectacular aura about reno_john has a spectacular aura about
Cool It works

I emailed them not as me but as my employer( point of contact mentioned in the labor petition) and it works they send me a copy of the labor approval to my house along with a copy to my employer and one to my attroney. It really works.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default PERM or Old labor system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno_john
I emailed them not as me but as my employer( point of contact mentioned in the labor petition) and it works they send me a copy of the labor approval to my house along with a copy to my employer and one to my attroney. It really works.

Is this a PERM application or the labor application at one of the BEC's? Please let us know.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare

This is for PERM.

"Message for people stuck at Atlanta PERM" is the headline for this forum.