Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about
Default Getting PERM approved as a Software Developer in EB2

I would like to hear from people who have actually done this recently. My co. is planning to apply for a Software Developer position in EB2 and was wondering if anyone got it approved this year. My co. was able to do it for a colleague of mine under this title back in 2006 and I understand a lot has changed since then.

The downsides of this plan are:
1. Economy is bad
2. Software Developer does not qualify for EB2 (I believe there was an initiative taken to limit EB2s to Manager and above)

Also, Software Developer does not fall under Job Zone 5 in ONET.

Any help? Thanks for reading

Donated $100 so far.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default What I heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyanguy View Post
I would like to hear from people who have actually done this recently. My co. is planning to apply for a Software Developer position in EB2 and was wondering if anyone got it approved this year. My co. was able to do it for a colleague of mine under this title back in 2006 and I understand a lot has changed since then.

The downsides of this plan are:
1. Economy is bad
2. Software Developer does not qualify for EB2 (I believe there was an initiative taken to limit EB2s to Manager and above)

Also, Software Developer does not fall under Job Zone 5 in ONET.

Any help? Thanks for reading
What I heard from one of my friend that now a days DOL issues RFE left and right but if company is ready to file for new labor and if they have open position for it .. Don't wait. Even if you get RFE you will be in line ahead of many who is thinking to apply for Eb2..

Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about indyanguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_on_demand View Post
What I heard from one of my friend that now a days DOL issues RFE left and right but if company is ready to file for new labor and if they have open position for it .. Don't wait. Even if you get RFE you will be in line ahead of many who is thinking to apply for Eb2..
By RFEs, I assume you mean the request Business Necessity letter to clarify why this person is needed for the advertised position?

Donated $100 so far.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute

I had applied for PERM in 2006 with software programmer title with 8 yrs exp in EB2 and got it approved so i don't think it should be a issue. I have applied my second PERM in April 09 as senior software engineer with 10+ exp in EB2 still waiting to get it approved. My lawyer never raised any issue with my current labor in EB2 so i think we should qualify in EB2 with software engineer position. Where did you find this information about limiting EB2 to managers only? If you want to get in the line for GC don't waste time.. do it ASAP. It is taking a long time to get PERM approvals, don't know whats going on at DOL and why it is taking this long. There are hardly any approvals after Nov 08. Did anyone with PD after Nov 08 got their PERM approved recently?

Old 09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar View Post
I Where did you find this information about limiting EB2 to managers only?
Check out this post - http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...tml#post300225 (Calling US educated and EB2 people...)

I am not sure what came out of this campaign (I really haven't read the entire thread), but it appears that at first glance, it had to do with limiting EB2s to certain job titles.

Donated $100 so far.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough
Default That is exactly the concern raised by Indian

Quote:
I had applied for PERM in 2006 with software programmer title with 8 yrs exp in EB2 and got it approved so i don't think it should be a issue. I have applied my second PERM in April 09 as senior software engineer with 10+ exp in EB2 still waiting to get it approved. My lawyer never raised any issue with my current labor in EB2 so i think we should qualify in EB2 with software engineer position. Where did you find this information about limiting EB2 to managers only? If you want to get in the line for GC don't waste time.. do it ASAP. It is taking a long time to get PERM approvals, don't know whats going on at DOL and why it is taking this long. There are hardly any approvals after Nov 08. Did anyone with PD after Nov 08 got their PERM approved recently?
The fact that there is no approval and you don't know what they are going to do with your new perm application is the concern raised. As long as we are seeing any EB2 approvals for SW engineers how can we conclude that nothing has changed and everything will be so easy going. My sis has applied for perm in apr2008 and she got 3 RFEs to which she responded 6 months ago and still waiting.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyanguy View Post
Check out this post - http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...tml#post300225 (Calling US educated and EB2 people...)

I am not sure what came out of this campaign (I really haven't read the entire thread), but it appears that at first glance, it had to do with limiting EB2s to certain job titles.
I read some posts from the thread you mentioned and i was not able to read it entirely as it was a very long thread. I couldn't figure out what changed with respect to EB2 job zones. I have filed my current perm in EB2 with senior software engineer title and i am not sure what will happen to that. I am in this country for 5 years and still struggling to get my PERM approved (So far i have filed PERM three times ) Is there anyone in IV who has got their PERM approved with Priority date from DECEMBER 2008 onwards? This will be little encouraging.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare

Quote:
I read some posts from the thread you mentioned and i was not able to read it entirely as it was a very long thread. I couldn't figure out what changed with respect to EB2 job zones. I have filed my current perm in EB2 with senior software engineer title and i am not sure what will happen to that. I am in this country for 5 years and still struggling to get my PERM approved (So far i have filed PERM three times ) Is there anyone in IV who has got their PERM approved with Priority date from DECEMBER 2008 onwards? This will be little encouraging.
Are there any PERM approvals with priority date after DEC 08? I believe a lot of people on IV have already passed this stage (Many may have EAD by now) and there may not be many in this PERM queue. There are people like us who are still stuck with PERM and need to hear from fellow IVians if they are aware of the reasons for the PERM delays. It is taking more than 10 months to get the regular PERM approvals.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are there any PERM approvals with priority date after DEC 08? I believe a lot of people on IV have already passed this stage (Many may have EAD by now) and there may not be many in this PERM queue. There are people like us who are still stuck with PERM and need to hear from fellow IVians if they are aware of the reasons for the PERM delays. It is taking more than 10 months to get the regular PERM approvals.
ivar,

From my passive reading about PERM on this forum and other forums, it seems like DOL is currently processing Nov 2008 PERM cases. So, I doubt you will see many people who have approved PERMs from after Dec 2008. But hang in tight, your time will come!

GT