Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
fastergcwanted is on a distinguished road
Arrow Serious Impact To I-485 Waiters Due To Uscis Decision

See below:

Taken from www.immigration-law.com

07/18/2007: Reinstatement of Original July Visa Bulletin and Uncertain Impact on Pre-July "Tagged" EB-485 Applications and Processing Time of I-485 Applications in the Future

The other EB-485 waiters will turn out to be a big victim to the DOS/USCIS decision yesterday. Since there will be no visa numbers available until October 1, 2007, the people whose EB-485 applications were "not tagged" before July 1 will experience a tremendous delay in obtaining the green card. When it comes to the delays in obtaining the green card approvals, the new filers in July and those filers before August 17 will also witness a tremendous delays and will have to endure a long and long journey to leave the pipeline of the green card process. Why? As we reported quite earlier in this visa fiasco, we even estimated that approximately 750,000 individual EB-485 applications can be poured into the system during this unusual period of visa number availability as affected by the upcoming filing fee increases and more importantantly the anticipated potential huge visa number retrogression ahead during when they may not be able to file their 485 applications because of the retrogression. After all, the system has only 140,000 numbers for the entire EB categories for each year. Go figure! What would look like the waiting time for the current EB-485 filers and the current EB-485 filers before July 1, 2007!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Exclamation

And that is the reason why I am saying that this is but a small step in the right direction. It is nowhere near the long term solution that we need to work for. In your euphoria, please don't forget that we have a long struggle in front of us and Immigration Voice needs all the support that you can give.

Remember that IV is the only organization that gives voice to skilled, legal immigrants - please help make it stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastergcwanted
See below:

07/18/2007: Reinstatement of Original July Visa Bulletin and Uncertain Impact on Pre-July "Tagged" EB-485 Applications and Processing Time of I-485 Applications in the Future

The other EB-485 waiters will turn out to be a big victim to the DOS/USCIS decision yesterday. Since there will be no visa numbers available until October 1, 2007, the people whose EB-485 applications were "not tagged" before July 1 will experience a tremendous delay in obtaining the green card. When it comes to the delays in obtaining the green card approvals, the new filers in July and those filers before August 17 will also witness a tremendous delays and will have to endure a long and long journey to leave the pipeline of the green card process. Why? As we reported quite earlier in this visa fiasco, we even estimated that approximately 750,000 individual EB-485 applications can be poured into the system during this unusual period of visa number availability as affected by the upcoming filing fee increases and more importantantly the anticipated potential huge visa number retrogression ahead during when they may not be able to file their 485 applications because of the retrogression. After all, the system has only 140,000 numbers for the entire EB categories for each year. Go figure! What would look like the waiting time for the current EB-485 filers and the current EB-485 filers before July 1, 2007!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Slowhand will become famous soon enough
Default So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastergcwanted
See below:

Mr.Oh's opinion is flawed on many counts but most of all assuming what he says is correct, this delay will be/would have been the same either way. i.e the 750000 applicants will apply all at once or at regular intervals. The bright side is that spouses will get their EADs.
Mr.Oh also assumes that USCIS processing procedure and speed will not change.
It sounds like fluff reporting that popular media does. All fluff, no value.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, the opportunity and benefits to file 485 far outruns anything else.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
johnamit is on a distinguished road
Default some relief but keep pounding

this window of opportunity to file 485 till August 17th will provide some interim benefits to most of us but we are destined to see long long wait before 485 approval. So I suggest we keep doing our efforts to get achieve other goals like recapture of unused visa number and things of that nature. We need a course of action to raise our voice which could include interaction with congresswoman, rally, letters from Hitech industry leaders and other things of this nature. I am hoping Core will come up with a plan soon.
PD: Sep 05
I140 :AD May 06
I485: RD 7/2/7

Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
fastergcwanted is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand
Mr.Oh's opinion is flawed on many counts but most of all assuming what he says is correct, this delay will be/would have been the same either way. i.e the 750000 applicants will apply all at once or at regular intervals. The bright side is that spouses will get their EADs.
Well..there would not have been 750,000 applications to start with if the dates were moved in line with visa numbers..slowly but surely. This would have meant USCIS resources in line with the incoming applications.

I hardly doubt after this forced backturn by USCIS..they would be even considering making it any faster......

I just feel there is no fair discussion on this topic because

1) Lawyer derive their money out of new filers (mostly 2006 and 2007)
2) Institutions like IV and others get their funding from new filers (as they are in majority)

Remember same thing happened when no one was fighting for the plight of people stuck in BPC...but they all cried about retrogression......

Are these lawyers even considering that there are serveral application still pending at BPCs....and they will be behind all this unfairly filed PERM applications ahead of them...

Grossly unfair...one would say

Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Compare
ChainReaction is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand
Mr.Oh's opinion is flawed on many counts but most of all assuming what he says is correct, this delay the same either way. The bright side is that spouses will get their EADs.

I think USICS will need to open many more backlog reduction center like DOL BEC in order to process currently pending 485 application in addition to 750,000 applications PLUS people stuck at BEC with PD 2000-2003 which will be filed by post june bulletin... and not to mention annual renewal of EAD/AP... We/IV also need to push for 3yrs EAD/AP else we have to file for renewal 9or 10 months in advance