Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
saimrathi is on a distinguished road

Yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
have u all send card to sen zoe lofgren . any update about that
RD: 9/4/07
SC: TSC
I-140 Approved 08/16/2008
PD: Mar 2005 (EB 2 India)

Contributions:
1. Sent Letters to Area Representatives and Senators.
2. Sent Letters to news media.
3. Sent Thank You cards.
4. $100 Order Details - Aug 10, 2007 3:13 PM EDT Google Order #462077719238648
5. Sponsored $100 for a person (Sachin B from FL) to go to DC.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

New and improved..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVEU3bOYQAM

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 08-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice 53885 is just really nice

Bump up
* IV is the platform for doers, not a hangout place for sufferers!
* Whiners, earn your GC; Don't expect IV to spoon feed you!

Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default DC RAlly- Invitation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqrLyRqmWgE
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default for a bump

Action Item # 2.
Immigration Voice is a grassroots organization of over 20,000 registered members and this puts us in a unique position of making a difference because we can take up initiatives that require mass participation.We must harness our advantage by taking up several initiatives that involve mass participation. The flower campaign made a huge difference and put our issue of July bulletin and the larger problem of visa backlogs on the forefront. In order to continue this, Immigration Voice would like every member to create a short 30-60 second video with your personal message and upload it on YouTube. We would then link select videos in a section of our website. Also, we would then draw the attention of various policy-makers, members of congress and media to the human element of the issue of visa backlogs. Please follow the directions and message script as listed below. It is important to send a consistent message and therefore its imperative that members stick to the overall script that is fine-tuned by the core group.

• Introduce yourself with your full name, city and state.
  • If possible, state the name of your employer also. You are not going to talk about your employer, so there must be no harm in stating which company you work for. If it is a big tech company then it would be a huge plus.
  • Briefly describe what you do, what your education is and how long have you been waiting for green card.
  • Then briefly describe how the delay in green card affects your career and family. DO NOT talk about the disputes and tussles with your employers or immigration lawyers. That is not the subject here.
  • Mention about probationary state that is imposed on your job, career and life due to green card delays. Mention the lost opportunities to either start new ventures or lost opportunities in research.
  • Also, mention, in short, without technical lingo, any instance of painful incident that you had to go through during travel or otherwise because of your temporary visas and probationary status. Do not use technical jargons like “140”, “485”, “retrogression” etc. The message would be lost if you use words that no one understands. Use simple terms like “Visa backlogs” instead of “Retrogression” or “adjudication delays” instead of “BEC labor backlogs”. Use “Adjustment of status” instead of “485”.
  • End the message requesting congress to address the forgotten issue of visa backlogs in high-skills legal immigration. Ask congress to remove half a million legal skilled immigrants from probationary status by making the numerical cap of green cards much higher than 140,000 so that the system does not create a backlog of petitions.
  • Ask congress to not keep this issue on hold until all other immigration issues are addressed. Let them know that we have waited for over 2 years so that congress has the opportunity to fix the issue with comprehensive approach and now its not fair to keep the legal immigrants on hold until the other issued can be addressed.
  • DO NOT taunt, criticize or mock your employers, lawyers, congress or any government agency. Rhetoric and negative sound bites will not work.
UPLOADING THE VIDEO AND ADDING TAGS:

When you upload the video, make sure you add following 4 tags:

Immigration Voice message01 [your state name]

Example: Immigration Voice message01 California

These 4 words must be entered as tags on the video exactly as above. Everyone use “message01” because this is our first video campaign, and hence the “01” part. What would happen because of this is all the videos would be linked by first 3 words. To search for all of them, one has to go to YouTube and search with these 3 keywords and all of them would be listed at once without having to search. By adding the 4th keyword of your state’s name, we can have all videos from one state linked together.

You may want to put URL of your video here on this thread.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers