Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
johnggberg is on a distinguished road
Default will send greetings

happy to send the greetings to congressman and others who helped us in the process
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Done

Old 07-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need

I need more people to stand up and commit to video campaign also. Come on guys, if this had any risk involved, I would not tell you to do this. I have myself put videos in past (for a different purpose). I am on my H1 too. If there was risk involved, I wouldnt do that. I am not crazy and I love my status and my prospects for GC too.

If USCIS had been going after people just for speaking out in media, then the entire core group's 140s and 485s would have been rejected. USCIS does not have time, interest or legal grounds to care about who does what. Their job is to follow procedure listed in Adjudicator's field manual and work as per federal laws and regulations. Denials of 140s and 485s or labor cert need to fall under one or other category of federal regulation. They also need to be cited on denial notice. You cant just deny someone's 140 because you dont LIKE the extra carricular activities of person. You are dealing with a Democracy here. Not the 15th century Mughal emperor where the jahan-panah (the emperor) can put someone on trial, convict and sentence upon whim without any due process and where the roles of judge, prosecutor and jury are all fused together into one person. There is a reason why there is an independent judiciary in any reasonable democracy.

If this were something illegal, yes you would be in trouble. If its legal, you are not in trouble no matter what.

If you do something illegal, then no matter how secretly you do it, it will affect your GC or citizenship. Even after you get GC or citizenship, if you do ILLEGAL STUFF, then yes, those privileges can be revoked. If everything you do is LEGAL, then NO, NOTHING will happen to you.

Kindly draw the lines of what you choose to do and choose not to do along the lines of LAW, and not along the lines of "What might or might not offend someone".

If you are constantly afraid of offending someone, then the sad news is that you wont be able to accomplish much of anything in life, EVEN AFTER getting GC and citizenship.

There is no such thing as secret protest.

If the only protest is the only inside your head, then I dont think Congress is going to get the message. That's because Congress does not read minds. It can hardly keep up with letters and webfaxes so I doubt that the grievances inside your head that you intend to keep private will do you any good. You need to speak up publicly.

Last edited by logiclife; 07-20-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2006
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
237 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for organizing this. Will mail cards out this weekend.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waltz is on a distinguished road

Cards written and sealed.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
Peru
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
quiquincho has a spectacular aura about quiquincho has a spectacular aura about quiquincho has a spectacular aura about
Question Is my case worth posting?

Is a video of my case worth posting in YouTube?
I believe my situation is not very common - I got my LC and I-140 approved in March and May this year respectively. Very excited to hear I could file my I-485 in July. Dissapointed with the July 2 Update. Then excited again on July 17. Since I have not been waiting for too long to apply for my GC, is my case worth posting in youtube? I am aware I will most likely have to wait for months or years before I actually get my GC, though.
By the way, I have been on an H1B status since 2001 - already extended for an additional 3 years in May as my visa category was backlogged then.

Last edited by quiquincho; 07-20-2007 at 01:39 PM.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of
Default Irrelavant post for the thread

Do you know what thread you posted. Does this have anything to do with the action alert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiquincho
I believe my situation is not very common - I got my LC and I-140 approved in March and May this year respectively. Very excited to hear I could file my I-485 in July. Dissapointed with the July 2 Update. Then excited again on July 17. Since I have not been waiting for too long to apply for my GC, is my case worth posting in youtube? I am aware I will most likely have to wait for months or years before I actually get my GC, though.
By the way, I have been on an H1B status since 2001 - already extended for an additional 3 years in May as my visa category was backlogged then.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
I need more people to stand up and commit to video campaign also. Come on guys, if this had any risk involved, I would not tell you to do this. I have myself put videos in past (for a different purpose). I am on my H1 too. If there was risk involved, I wouldnt do that. I am not crazy and I love my status and my prospects for GC too.

If USCIS had been going after people just for speaking out in media, then the entire core group's 140s and 485s would have been rejected. USCIS does not have time, interest or legal grounds to care about who does what. Their job is to follow procedure listed in Adjudicator's field manual and work as per federal laws and regulations. Denials of 140s and 485s or labor cert need to fall under one or other category of federal regulation. They also need to be cited on denial notice. You cant just deny someone's 140 because you dont LIKE the extra carricular activities of person. You are dealing with a Democracy here. Not the 15th century Mughal emperor where the jahan-panah (the emperor) can put someone on trial, convict and sentence upon whim without any due process and where the roles of judge, prosecutor and jury are all fused together into one person. There is a reason why there is an independent judiciary in any reasonable democracy.

If this were something illegal, yes you would be in trouble. If its legal, you are not in trouble no matter what.

If you do something illegal, then no matter how secretly you do it, it will affect your GC or citizenship. Even after you get GC or citizenship, if you do ILLEGAL STUFF, then yes, those privileges can be revoked. If everything you do is LEGAL, then NO, NOTHING will happen to you.

Kindly draw the lines of what you choose to do and choose not to do along the lines of LAW, and not along the lines of "What might or might not offend someone".

If you are constantly afraid of offending someone, then the sad news is that you wont be able to accomplish much of anything in life, EVEN AFTER getting GC and citizenship.

There is no such thing as secret protest.

If the only protest is the only inside your head, then I dont think Congress is going to get the message. That's because Congress does not read minds. It can hardly keep up with letters and webfaxes so I doubt that the grievances inside your head that you intend to keep private will do you any good. You need to speak up publicly.
Lot of people have some kind of inhibitions, I have noticed. They have to get over it.

My message to the community - if you don't over come your fear or inhibition, even God cannot save you. If you don't stand up for yourself, no one will do it for you

When Logiclife was announcing breaking news, there were thousands of people jamming the threads and talking crap, but when people can file for 485, no one is interested in doing follow up action items. Look at how slow this thread is.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
Peru
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
quiquincho has a spectacular aura about quiquincho has a spectacular aura about quiquincho has a spectacular aura about
Default Did you read my message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumhyd2
Do you know what thread you posted. Does this have anything to do with the action alert?
Please read my message... carefully this time
What I meant was, is a video of my case worth posting in YouTube (Action 2) since I have not been waiting too long?
Hopefully this will clarify it

Last edited by quiquincho; 07-20-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute
Default Example

Hi Guys,

Here is an example of how persuasive such an argument can be. I am just linking this to show the point and encourage members to do this. It is a 3 minute clip on NPR from last year. You can't help but feel persuaded on this one.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5376038

Atleast try making the video. You can then send a clip to core and check if it is worthy of posting.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
Peru
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Thanks for your reply. I will give it a try.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
arrarrgee is an unknown quantity at this point

I pledge to send the card this weekend....will try to create the video too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23
Great ideas Logiclife, will work on these.

An idea for the next action item would be to get affidavits from clients, co workers, managers, employers about us, about the role we play in their business etc.. lets think about this also

Old 07-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

I'll work on both action items over the weekend.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go IV

I will be sending the greeting cards in the weekend.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
rahul98 is on a distinguished road

I pledge to do the cards and video over the weekend.

Thanks,
Rahul