Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Alert : 2 Action items - 7/20/2007

Immigration Voice Action Alert: 7/20/2007.

Dear Members:

Please make a note of these 2 action items:

Action Item # 1.
After the relief announced by USCIS and DHS with regards to the July visa bulletin, it is now time to thank all those who have made this relief possible and made it possible for us to go to the next step in our legal permanent residency process. This was a huge success for immigration voice and we must not forget to thank everyone who helped us. Immigration Voice members are requested to send a “thank you” message in the form of a greeting card to Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren of California, Secretary Michael Chertoff of Dept of Homeland Security and USCIS Director Emelio Gonzalez who have made this change possible in July.

You may choose a thank-you greeting card and add your personal message. Such thank-you greeting cards are available at various superstores or malls. Please send such thank you greetings with your personal thanks to the 4 addresses listed below. You can choose a simple short message such as “Thank you for relief announced with the DOS visa bulletin on the 17th of July and the USCIS decision to allow 31 additional days for filing the petitions. This means a lot to my family and me. We whole-heartedly appreciate your gesture.”

You can choose to personalize this, but do not make any requests or demands. Please do not send e-greetings or other form of email/electronic greetings or notes. The message must be delivered with some interest and effort on your part and it should be something that has a postmark and that is physically delivered. E-greetings are not appropriate.

The 4 addresses for mailing the “Thank You” greeting are:

The Honorable Michael Chertoff.
Secretary, Department of Homeland Security.
Nebraska Avenue Center, NW
Washington, DC 20528

Director Emilio Gonzalez
USCIS

20 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington D.C. 20529

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (San Jose office)
635 N. First Street, Suite B
San Jose, CA 95112

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (DC office)
102 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

Action Item # 2.
Immigration Voice is a grassroots organization of over 20,000 registered members and this puts us in a unique position of making a difference because we can take up initiatives that require mass participation.We must harness our advantage by taking up several initiatives that involve mass participation. The flower campaign made a huge difference and put our issue of July bulletin and the larger problem of visa backlogs on the forefront. In order to continue this, Immigration Voice would like every member to create a short 30-60 second video with your personal message and upload it on YouTube. We would then link select videos in a section of our website. Also, we would then draw the attention of various policy-makers, members of congress and media to the human element of the issue of visa backlogs. Please follow the directions and message script as listed below. It is important to send a consistent message and therefore its imperative that members stick to the overall script that is fine-tuned by the core group.

• Introduce yourself with your full name, city and state.
  • If possible, state the name of your employer also. You are not going to talk about your employer, so there must be no harm in stating which company you work for. If it is a big tech company then it would be a huge plus.
  • Briefly describe what you do, what your education is and how long have you been waiting for green card.
  • Then briefly describe how the delay in green card affects your career and family. DO NOT talk about the disputes and tussles with your employers or immigration lawyers. That is not the subject here.
  • Mention about probationary state that is imposed on your job, career and life due to green card delays. Mention the lost opportunities to either start new ventures or lost opportunities in research.
  • Also, mention, in short, without technical lingo, any instance of painful incident that you had to go through during travel or otherwise because of your temporary visas and probationary status. Do not use technical jargons like “140”, “485”, “retrogression” etc. The message would be lost if you use words that no one understands. Use simple terms like “Visa backlogs” instead of “Retrogression” or “adjudication delays” instead of “BEC labor backlogs”. Use “Adjustment of status” instead of “485”.
  • End the message requesting congress to address the forgotten issue of visa backlogs in high-skills legal immigration. Ask congress to remove half a million legal skilled immigrants from probationary status by making the numerical cap of green cards much higher than 140,000 so that the system does not create a backlog of petitions.
  • Ask congress to not keep this issue on hold until all other immigration issues are addressed. Let them know that we have waited for over 2 years so that congress has the opportunity to fix the issue with comprehensive approach and now its not fair to keep the legal immigrants on hold until the other issued can be addressed.
  • DO NOT taunt, criticize or mock your employers, lawyers, congress or any government agency. Rhetoric and negative sound bites will not work.
UPLOADING THE VIDEO AND ADDING TAGS:

When you upload the video, make sure you add following 4 tags:

Immigration Voice message01 [your state name]

Example: Immigration Voice message01 California

These 4 words must be entered as tags on the video exactly as above. Everyone use “message01” because this is our first video campaign, and hence the “01” part. What would happen because of this is all the videos would be linked by first 3 words. To search for all of them, one has to go to YouTube and search with these 3 keywords and all of them would be listed at once without having to search. By adding the 4th keyword of your state’s name, we can have all videos from one state linked together.

You may want to put URL of your video here on this thread.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Continued...

Technical Directions (Use if necessary, its up to you):

You really do not need a fancy camera. A simple $50 web-cam used for video chat would be fine.

You may want to write down the whole message in a word document.

Set the Camera behind the screen of computer just above the top edge. Set enough light on your face by putting a table lamp or light behind the camera facing you.

Minimize the word document with your message and set it at the top edge of your monitor so that it is positioned right beneath the camera. That way when you read the document, you are almost looking into the camera.

It is extremely important that we have hundreds of videos with message that we want to be heard in Congress loud and clear. Small numbers will not help. Everyone’s participation is important. There is nothing to be concerned about revealing your name, city and state. You are not going to affect your green card process by speaking out against unfair policy because speaking out is not only legal, it is the most democratic and most American thing to do. If speaking out had created problems, then all IV members who are quoted in newspapers would have been affected and they would have told us. Please remove this apprehension and stand for your rights. You are not asking for a handout from the government, you are asking for the system to work they was it was promised to work and you are requesting them to end your permanent probationary status.

Thanks and make it a great day,

Immigration Voice Core Group.

UPDATE : 7.20.07 12:10 PM PST

I need more people to stand up and commit to video campaign also. Come on guys, if this had any risk involved, I would not tell you to do this. I have myself put videos in past (for a different purpose). I am on my H1 too. If there was risk involved, I wouldnt do that. I am not crazy and I love my status and my prospects for GC too.

If USCIS had been going after people just for speaking out in media, then the entire core group's 140s and 485s would have been rejected. USCIS does not have time, interest or legal grounds to care about who does what. Their job is to follow procedure listed in Adjudicator's field manual and work as per federal laws and regulations. Denials of 140s and 485s or labor cert need to fall under one or other category of federal regulation. They also need to be cited on denial notice. You cant just deny someone's 140 because you dont LIKE the extra carricular activities of person. You are dealing with a Democracy here. Not the 15th century Mughal emperor where the jahan-panah (the emperor) can put someone on trial, convict and sentence upon whim without any due process and where the roles of judge, prosecutor and jury are all fused together into one person. There is a reason why there is an independent judiciary in any reasonable democracy.

If this were something illegal, yes you would be in trouble. If its legal, you are not in trouble no matter what.

If you do something illegal, then no matter how secretly you do it, it will affect your GC or citizenship. Even after you get GC or citizenship, if you do ILLEGAL STUFF, then yes, those privileges can be revoked. If everything you do is LEGAL, then NO, NOTHING will happen to you.

Kindly draw the lines of what you choose to do and choose not to do along the lines of LAW, and not along the lines of "What might or might not offend someone".

If you are constantly afraid of offending someone, then the sad news is that you wont be able to accomplish much of anything in life, EVEN AFTER getting GC and citizenship.

There is no such thing as secret protest.

If the only protest is the only inside your head, then I dont think Congress is going to get the message. That's because Congress does not read minds. It can hardly keep up with letters and webfaxes so I doubt that the grievances inside your head that you intend to keep private will do you any good. You need to speak up publicly.

Last edited by logiclife; 07-20-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Great ideas Logiclife, will work on these.

An idea for the next action item would be to get affidavits from clients, co workers, managers, employers about us, about the role we play in their business etc.. lets think about this also

Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

will send a greeting card/// no problem

Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute madhu345 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Idea

Is it a good idea to interview co-workers, and capture their sympathy?

-Madhu

Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of
Lightbulb CNN Youtube Presidential Debate

We can also post videos asking questions about backlog for HIGH SKILL LEGAL immigrants on CNN Youtube presidential debate. The debate is coming on in the next couple of days. See link below.

http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008...tes/index.html

Old 07-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Great Ideas !!

Will surely send the greeting cards...

And putting video is my agenda for this weekend !!

Gotta take the haircut today
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date

Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by geesee
Will surely send the greeting cards...

And putting video is my agenda for this weekend !!

Gotta take the haircut today
Don't forget to shave

Apply some talcum powder on your face

Old 07-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deardar has a spectacular aura about deardar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23
Don't forget to shave

And also perfume.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by deardar
And also perfume.
Can we upload fragrance also on youtube

Old 07-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23
Don't forget to shave

Chandu, u making fun of me? am ur bro man.. i belong to ur NY chapter.. lets unite and............. pull other's legs..

all right.. enough fun now... otherwise IV core will ban us soon..
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Old 07-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jayram123 will become famous soon enough
Question

Will do the greeting card soon.

My question though is how do we intend to have the video message campaign communicated to the congress? Or what happens after the video-message? What is our final target with the v-message?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Wearing Suits

We should wear Suits. Looks more professional.

PD - May 2004

Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk2
We should wear Suits. Looks more professional.
Agreed.. if not suit, at least we should put on a tie..
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Old 07-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future wa_Saiprasad has a brilliant future
Default This is my week's project

Thanks for the core team for this brilliant idea. I will do this ASAP.

PLEASE TRY TO GET MORE PEOPLE REGISTERED
REQUEST PEOPLE TO CONTRIBUTE
July 07 VB fiasco: Media drive & Flowers campaign

EB3 India
Lbr PD May 22 2002
I485 FD JUL 2 2007