Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dc2007 is on a distinguished road
Default Address Confusion in G-325A

I think lot of people here might be having similar issue, which I am having. As a consultant I have stayed at lot of addresses but my on my salary slip I try to keep the same address.

Here is the one scenario out of many:

Scenario 1:
1. My I-140 is cleared 2-3 days back (Thank GOD) and trying to file I-485 by myself (fed up with lawyers). Labor was of 2004 and applied 140 PP in May 2007. Got RFE but finally cleared.

2. I am on H1 and that H1 labor (which says the state where I can work) is of NJ. And hence my employer always puts NJ address as my address (my company address only) on my salary slips.

3. But I am staying in Virginia from Jan 2007 and I have VA license only. Apt. Lease is also on my name and all my bank addresses etc. are also of VA address. I mean if anybody wants to check my residency status, they will come to know easily that I am in VA.

4. Filed I-140 in May 2007 and cleared in July 2007. Used my Virginia address only while filing my I-140

Question 1
So, From Jan 2007 till July 2007, which address should I show - NJ or VA ?
Note: my H1 labor has NJ address only for this duration.

Scenario 2:
In 2003 and 2004 also, I stayed at lot of states but in my tax return I have shown only NJ address (one of my friend's).

Question 2
Should I use NJ address only for these 2 years - 2003 and 2004 ?

Scenario 3:
Between 2002 and 2003, I was in India for 10-11 months (but I was having valid H1 and was still employer of my H1 sponsoring company). And for the year 2002, I used NJ address (of my friend) in my tax return only.

Question 3
Which address should I use for 2002 in g-325a ? Should I mention India address as its a long period - 10 months ?

My main concern is, Is g-325 has anything to do with tax return ?

Should I make sure that my H1 labor state should match my residence address?

In general, should I put addresses as per my previous tax return or should I put the actual addresses where I have resided ?

Thanks in advance
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Any Senior member please help ....

Old 08-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
satishbsk is on a distinguished road
Default Recent visa on passport.

When was ur recent visa issued?
If it is more than 1 year then G-825A wont be cross checked with the info what you gave on DS-157.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

It was less than year. See answers below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishbsk
When was ur recent visa issued?
My recent Visa was issues in Nov 2006 (less than year). This is my 2nd H1(new) with the same company. I worked with the same company in US from 1999 till 2004 dec. Then was in India for 2 years and came back again on new H1 in Jan 2007. Labor was filed in 2004.

If it is more than 1 year then G-825A wont be cross checked with the info what you gave on DS-157.
This is very good point. I am putting all my info as per DS-157. But the confusion is over what address I will show while I was in USA. Definitley I will put Indian addresses while I was in India and US addresses while I was in US.

Question is: What US Address should I show - which are in my tax-return ?

Old 08-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you get your free credit report

from annualcreditreport.com (this is a site from the 3 credit agencies), you can see all the addresses that your credit card bills went to. So there is a record of where you actually lived in the last 3-5 years.

By the way, by law you are entitled to a free credit report annually. You can get it from the afore mentioned site.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

This really helped me. I just did that and find out that I have so many addresses there. As I said initially because of my job status I moved a lot within US..

But I am still confused.

For India I am clear. For the period when I was in India, I will put Indian address

But while I was in US, what addresses should I put in g-325a form - The places where I actually lived or as the addresses I put in my US tax returns ?

I have no problem in providing all US addresses, but that contradicts with my addresses in US Tax returns.

If USCIS will do background check, are they more concerned about
(a) That addresses in my tax return should match with my residence addresses in g-325a form ?
OR
(c) They are more inclined towards that addresses should match with the actual addresses where I lived ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janilsal
from annualcreditreport.com (this is a site from the 3 credit agencies), you can see all the addresses that your credit card bills went to. So there is a record of where you actually lived in the last 3-5 years.

By the way, by law you are entitled to a free credit report annually. You can get it from the afore mentioned site.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Look inside

tax returns. I do not think they expect you to list all the addresses that you stayed during the year.

You will need to provide the address to the tax return where your state taxes were deducted for the most part of the year IMHO. But for your GC app, I am unsure.

Have you consulted your lawyer? Send a PM to pappu maybe. He may get some answers from the IV lawyers.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I send PM to pappu and he replied me immediately. He is a great guy..

I will try to contact IV lawyer. But I have send this query to my employer also and they will try to get help from some lawyer..

I will update here once I get answer..

Thanks for all the help

Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice
Default same issue

damn! i have the same issue. will u pls post the answer when u have it.

my laywer doesn't know what to put and my employer is not cooperating!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
milind70 has a spectacular aura about milind70 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2007 View Post
It was less than year. See answers below..
I think there is a possiblity that they might not cross check you G325A with the consulate becuase DOS purges non immgrant applications whihc are one year old. Since there are so many applications filed by the time they go for this check your data may have been purged ( this is a very high possiblity ) as by the time this request is made it would december or so . As i heard that TSC will issue recipts by Oct End ,beofer cross checking g235A there are many checks and many other processes they need to follow. So this is a possiblity.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I talked to my lawyer and he suggests me to show address as per my tax return.. So I did that.

He said it doesn't matter even if you have license of different state and showing residence of different state.

In my case, addresses are totally messed up. I just put the addresses as per my tax return. And in my case I got H1 in Nov 2006 only (less than year), so there is a good chance of back-ground check.. Lets see

Good Luck to everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson View Post
damn! i have the same issue. will u pls post the answer when u have it.

my laywer doesn't know what to put and my employer is not cooperating!

Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srini123 is on a distinguished road
Default Address Confusion

iam in same situation. Tax return address is different and residence address is different.I have mentioned tax return address in G 325 A .. Is it ok?

Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all
Default Any senior member ...please respond

Any senior member please respond if you have any information regarding this?

Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2007 View Post
This really helped me. I just did that and find out that I have so many addresses there. As I said initially because of my job status I moved a lot within US..

But I am still confused.

For India I am clear. For the period when I was in India, I will put Indian address

But while I was in US, what addresses should I put in g-325a form - The places where I actually lived or as the addresses I put in my US tax returns ?

I have no problem in providing all US addresses, but that contradicts with my addresses in US Tax returns.

If USCIS will do background check, are they more concerned about
(a) That addresses in my tax return should match with my residence addresses in g-325a form ?
OR
(c) They are more inclined towards that addresses should match with the actual addresses where I lived ?
Isnt it just 5 years? Why are you bothered about 2003 or 2004?

IV's contributions

Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srini123 is on a distinguished road

mine is for Year 2009 . Iam concerned with FBI back ground checks .. Does any one have any idea if they check all the addresses where a person lived during last five years?