Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
reddysms is infamous around these parts reddysms is infamous around these parts reddysms is infamous around these parts
Default Attorney/UPS mistake: cannot file I140/485

I had all my docs ready for I140/485 on Aug 1st. I know attorney would be doing mistakes, so I went in person 2 times (6 hours drive one way). Still he made the mistake of attaching old fees check for I140. So he realized that later and stopped the delivery to USCIS, as he has the total control over the package. Now when I called UPS, they are saying that they do not have any information on this package(may be lost) and attoney should file a claim.

Filing a claim is not the matter, but it has got labor certificate and other docs which cannot be done as employer is also in vaccation to get the documents signed. Could anyone please suggest me what can I do in this regard?? It would be real sad, if I miss the oppurtunity of filing I140/485 just because of attorney's mistake or UPS mistake.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute riva2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddysms
I had all my docs ready for I140/485 on Aug 1st. I know attorney would be doing mistakes, so I went in person 2 times (6 hours drive one way). Still he made the mistake of attaching old fees check for I140. So he realized that later and stopped the delivery to USCIS, as he has the total control over the package. Now when I called UPS, they are saying that they do not have any information on this package(may be lost) and attoney should file a claim.

Filing a claim is not the matter, but it has got labor certificate and other docs which cannot be done as employer is also in vaccation to get the documents signed. Could anyone please suggest me what can I do in this regard?? It would be real sad, if I miss the oppurtunity of filing I140/485 just because of attorney's mistake or UPS mistake.
I am assuming this is a consulting shop. If not, please ignore the relevant parts about your employer....

Your attorney:
Call you attorney and tell him what you were told by UPS. Also tell him to fix this problem otherwise if you miss this opportunity, you will file a complain in the state bar for malpractice.

Your employer
I have noticed that consulting shops have their owner suddenly craving vacations ever since July bulletin showed current dates. All of a sudden, people who didnt take vacation in their life have suddenly found time to go on vacation or go out of country - and IN A HUGE CO-INCIDENCE ... or so it would seem... their vacation dates overlap the dates when bulletin is current? Isnt that sweet????

Call your employer's office and ask him to provide the attorney with required documents. NO EMPLOYER in the world would go on a vacation in such a manner that they cannot be contacted by their own staff. Imagine yourself as an employer owning a business. Would you ever go on such a vacation where you cannot be contacted by your assistant/clerk of your office should there be an emergency? Even on vacation, you would like to know if your office has an emergency. So dont think its impossible to get hold of your employer. Also, tell your employer that if your 485 is not filed, or if its filed but you dont get a receipt notice of 485 (meaning deliberate STUPID mistake would be made, like forgetting to sign the check or writing the wrong amount in the check and then he could come back to you in October and say "ooooppss sorry, your packet was returned".) then the timesheets will stop coming as soon as you transfer your H1 to someone else.

Look, its your life and your career and if you dont stand up for it, then there are plenty of leeches out there to suck you dry to the bone. Your choice. Its now or 2012 to file 485.

Last edited by riva2005; 08-06-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 02:30 PM.