Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
srmodi is on a distinguished road
Default I-485 got rejected

We have filled I-485 for Me my wife and my daughter, we have received Receipt for me and my wife but still waiting for my daughter.. now I can see from my bank account that her check has been cased but based on the receipt number from back of the check USCIS website says your case has rejected because of improper filling.

Please advice what should I do.. as I have still tomorrow to file again. If I decide to file what documents should I send.

Help would be really appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default you got your receipt notice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmodi View Post
We have filled I-485 for Me my wife and my daughter, we have received Receipt for me and my wife but still waiting for my daughter.. now I can see from my bank account that her check has been cased but based on the receipt number from back of the check USCIS website says your case has rejected because of improper filling.

Please advice what should I do.. as I have still tomorrow to file again. If I decide to file what documents should I send.

Or just the receipt number? if you got the notice, did you come to know about the rejection after receiving the notice?

In any case, you have only until tomorrow.. so act fast. If you field through your lawyer, he would typically have all info in his system. What is the list of documents you sent out last time? Cross-check that with the list of documents on "filing for AOS yourself" thread on IV. Or at least just paste your list here. I have re-filed today, and may be able to help review your list of documents if you are from the EB category.
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 08-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
avi_ny will become famous soon enough avi_ny will become famous soon enough
Default Resend your papers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
Or just the receipt number? if you got the notice, did you come to know about the rejection after receiving the notice?

In any case, you have only until tomorrow.. so act fast. If you field through your lawyer, he would typically have all info in his system. What is the list of documents you sent out last time? Cross-check that with the list of documents on "filing for AOS yourself" thread on IV. Or at least just paste your list here. I have re-filed today, and may be able to help review your list of documents if you are from the EB category.
Contact a lawyer and do resend papers by tomorrow. Make sure you attach the online status printout.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

I am planning to send I-140 copy + My i-485 Receipt copy + Cover letter explaining scenario + All supporting docs for my daughter.

Any thing else should I send with it.

I donít understand one thing. Her AP receipt number status is "received and pending" and also USCIS has cashed money for her I-485 , so how come they reject it.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Any idea, about refilling after Aug 17 when I get official rejection letter from USCIS with her receipt number. Any way I am going to file for sure tomorrow.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
veerufs is infamous around these parts veerufs is infamous around these parts veerufs is infamous around these parts veerufs is infamous around these parts

Any guess on what could be the reason for rejection.

How did you write the check? I mean whose favor and how much $ amount?
What is the supporting documents you sent?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all plassey is a name known to all

Don't wait till lightning strike you... Let us remove the dark cloud over our head before it releases thunder bolts.
Become part of IV...

Old 08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts

You cannot file after Aug 17.PERIOD.
(after aug 17 you have to wait for the a visa bulletin showing availability on your priority date).

Quote:
Any idea, about refilling after Aug 17 when I get official rejection letter from USCIS with her receipt number. Any way I am going to file for sure tomorrow.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Filled application look ok to me and $225.00 check to USCIS...

Its painful when you are half in and half out.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default I missed that

Quote:
Filled application look ok to me and $225.00 check to USCIS...

Its painful when you are half in and half out.
So, only your daughter's applications says rejected. Your + wife's AOS application is "receipted". Am I correct? Since your daughter is a "derivative" applicant, can you not file any time even after August 17 since the primary application is pending? Experts, what say?
Yesterday my paralegal was suggesting this, but said he was not sure.
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign

Old 08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts

NOP.

The derivative's priority date is the same as the primary applicant's priority date.
And the law is same for everybody. You just cannot file 485 when an immediate visa number is not available to you (as per the visa bulletin). There is absolutely no confusion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
So, only your daughter's applications says rejected. Your + wife's AOS application is "receipted". Am I correct? Since your daughter is a "derivative" applicant, can you not file any time even after August 17 since the primary application is pending? Experts, what say?
Yesterday my paralegal was suggesting this, but said he was not sure.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Are you absolutely sure that you are typing the correct receipt number for your daughter? The stamp on the back of the check can be smudgy. I would recommend calling USCIS to confirm the rejection before refiling.

Thanks,
Jayant

Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

u r right. Receipt number is not clear but I am assuming that what ever I am reading is correct. and preparing for precaution, I did called USCIS but they said if you have receipt number then will cross check it but we can not say name of the applicant and also if you provide name and bdate then they said you have to wait 90 days to get its info as new rules because of bunch of panic has flooded their call center.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
satishm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Biometric fee ??

You have fee of $225. should there be a biometric fee as well. or not needed for minors??

Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by morchu View Post
NOP.

The derivative's priority date is the same as the primary applicant's priority date.
And the law is same for everybody. You just cannot file 485 when an immediate visa number is not available to you (as per the visa bulletin). There is absolutely no confusion here.
I see! Good I re-filed AOS for all family members, and not just mine!