Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Combined EAD and AP??? Really....???

The Beacon

Over the past few weeks, readers have written in with a number of comments. We wanted to take a moment to address five of the most frequent suggestions.

1) Combine EAD and AP into one document and issue for 3 years.

USCIS is in the process of developing a combination work authorization (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP) card. An announcement regarding this combination card will be made later this year.

2) Allow people with approved immigrant petition to file an I-485.

The regulations at 8 C.F.R. 245.1(a) prohibit a beneficiary of an approved I-140 or I-130 petition from filing an I-485 until a visa number is available.

3) Do not count the dependents against visa numbers.

The requirement to count dependents against available visa numbers is statutory. This is not something that USCIS is able to change on its own; it would require new legislation to be enacted by Congress in order for this to happen.

4) Publish all the backlog data including that of district offices.

USCIS is currently developing an inventory spreadsheet, similar to the one for employment-based inventory, for family-based cases awaiting visa numbers. This spreadsheet would include information about the number of cases at field offices awaiting visa numbers.

5) Publish visa numbers that have been used to date in the current year.

Unfortunately, USCIS is not able to do this, because USCIS is not the only agency that uses visa numbers (the Department of State also uses visa numbers). Accordingly, publishing USCISís visa number usage would not be an accurate representation of the numbers used and the numbers remaining. To determine where you stand in the visa number queue, please review the Visa Bulletin.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default 140

> eligibility to file 140 will be a great help.

is that just a "blog for thought" or does it represent a possobility????

any idea?

Old 05-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Who asked for a combined AP and EAD?

What help will it offer really?

It would have been better to ask for a 5 year EAD. But some person would have posted asking for a combined document?

What will we really do with a 2 in 1 document????

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
no_more_anger can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Who asked for a combined AP and EAD?

What help will it offer really?

It would have been better to ask for a 5 year EAD. But some person would have posted asking for a combined document?

What will we really do with a 2 in 1 document????
Really....you can't see how good that is? I am surprised to the core.

A single document means simplification in filing....not having to keep track of when
which document expires. It will obviously come with lower total filing costs. I prefer if
they just give a single card (like EAD) that has all the details, 485/EAD/AP....so wherever
you go, you just present that card and you are done.....instead of carrying multiple
documents.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
kanshul is a jewel in the rough kanshul is a jewel in the rough kanshul is a jewel in the rough

I agree..

Having one document is (almost) as good as a conditional GC...

Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post
The Beacon

Over the past few weeks, readers have written in with a number of comments. We wanted to take a moment to address five of the most frequent suggestions.

USCIS is in the process of developing a combination work authorization (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP) card. An announcement regarding this combination card will be made later this year.

2) Allow people with approved immigrant petition to file an I-485.

The regulations at 8 C.F.R. 245.1(a) prohibit a beneficiary of an approved I-140 or I-130 petition from filing an I-485 until a visa number is available.

3) Do not count the dependents against visa numbers.

The requirement to count dependents against available visa numbers is statutory. This is not something that USCIS is able to change on its own; it would require new legislation to be enacted by Congress in order for this to happen.

4) Publish all the backlog data including that of district offices.

USCIS is currently developing an inventory spreadsheet, similar to the one for employment-based inventory, for family-based cases awaiting visa numbers. This spreadsheet would include information about the number of cases at field offices awaiting visa numbers.

5) Publish visa numbers that have been used to date in the current year.

Unfortunately, USCIS is not able to do this, because USCIS is not the only agency that uses visa numbers (the Department of State also uses visa numbers). Accordingly, publishing USCISís visa number usage would not be an accurate representation of the numbers used and the numbers remaining. To determine where you stand in the visa number queue, please review the Visa Bulletin.
Three years is OK for those whose I-485 applications are not yet pre-adjudicated.
They should implement 10-year EAD plus 10 year Advance Parole to those I-485 applicants who got pre-adjudicated awaiting visa numbers.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold
Default Combined EAD and AP

Has there been any updates on the combined EAD + AP document? After the disappointing Sept 2010 VB, this atleast will lessen the pain...

Old 08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold texanguy is a splendid one to behold

bump

Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute flthere has a reputation beyond repute

That wud be nice, even if they combine the fees