Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
svam77 is on a distinguished road
Default Finger printing question. Pls answer

My wife's finger printing fee was rejected last month, even though we submitted the right fee.
We still submitted the fee again. In the mean while, we got our finger printing notices.

Do u know when we would get our EADs ? Is anyone in a similar situation ?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
genscn will become famous soon enough

EAD has nothing to do with finger printing. People are getting EAD cards even before they go to their scheduled finger printing appointments. You will get your card 10-12 days after finger printing notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svam77 View Post
My wife's finger printing fee was rejected last month, even though we submitted the right fee.
We still submitted the fee again. In the mean while, we got our finger printing notices.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default You will get EAD

GENSCN is right, Logically you should receive the EAD after you give the biometrics. Current trend, people are receiving EADs before finger printing. I received EAD before FP.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
gova123 is infamous around these parts gova123 is infamous around these parts gova123 is infamous around these parts gova123 is infamous around these parts gova123 is infamous around these parts

Is FP Prepone possible

If possible, can someone tell me if you had to call them in advance to go before your scheduled date for your FP. I am in a similar situation where I am travelling to India on 11/14 and the appointment is on 11/17. I do not want to postpone the appointment as it might take a long time to receive again.

If you had to call can some one tell me which number to call. All my receipts, EAD and appointment were received from TSC and the ASC field office is in Tampa, FL. If you did not have to call, then do we just go there in the morning and have our FP done. Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks
Govardhan

Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
anda007 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up EAD Prepone is possible

I live in the Denver-Colorado Area and myself and lot of my other friends went to the USCIS office at 8AM on a saturday, one before the schduled appointment
They made us wait for about 30 minutes extra, till they could finish the current filers
After that we were called and had our fingerprinting done

I would suggest, go there over the weekend and get it done with

Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Walk-in

I heard walk-in is the best way to advance. ASC can accommodate, if they have low volume for the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by gova123 View Post
Is FP Prepone possible

If possible, can someone tell me if you had to call them in advance to go before your scheduled date for your FP. I am in a similar situation where I am travelling to India on 11/14 and the appointment is on 11/17. I do not want to postpone the appointment as it might take a long time to receive again.

If you had to call can some one tell me which number to call. All my receipts, EAD and appointment were received from TSC and the ASC field office is in Tampa, FL. If you did not have to call, then do we just go there in the morning and have our FP done. Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks
Govardhan

Last edited by wandmaker; 10-30-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Old 10-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future arc has a brilliant future
Default Finger Printing FEES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svam77 View Post

Thanks
First of all what is Finger printing fee? FP is part of your 485 process so i is not charged seperately... secondly yes EAD can come before FP... and they are not related EAD is Form I765 and FP is related to I485. Check with your lawyer if you had applied for EAD or not...if not then apply if yes then wait you will get it too...

Yes one can walk in usually on wednesday but depending on the rush they might or might not accomodate depends how you persue... and how valid your reason is... one can also go to another ASC then mentioned on the form they all do the same thing and assignment is purely based on load at a particular ASC.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
ponnuswamyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visit your ASC and try

If the ASC does not have much applicants waiting for services then they may service your case regardless of the time scheduled. Just make a visit and try.

I had moved to CA and got FP appointment scheduled for 11/15 at NJ. Last saturday I visited my local ASC and explained about my move. They did not bother about the appointment location & time and took fingerprints.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
rajsand has a spectacular aura about rajsand has a spectacular aura about
Default Baltimore

Same case here. I am travelling on 8th and got my leave from office. I have an appt on 17th.
Is there anyone who has tried walkin at Baltimore downtown center and what day and time?
After reading the FP thread, I guess noon time and wednesdays are preferable. Also, will carrying iterinary help or we should have the tickets.

Anybody who can reply thankyou so much

Old 10-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saravanaraj.sathya will become famous soon enough
Default Walk-in

I had my FP on 11/03 in NJ location but I moved to New York. So I went to a NY ASC today 4 days prior to my original notice. When myself and my wife went there, we got earful from FP lady there for coming in different location and that too in advance. She told us that we should not just walk-in like that in any day. But she still managed to talk our FP. It was a big relief!

She also told me that Wed is the amnesty day. If someone has missed out then, they can give it on any Wednesday.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
Raj12 is on a distinguished road
Default Contact info

Does anyone know phone no. and office hours for Atlanta Field Office. Thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
loudoggs is on a distinguished road
Default Atlanta ASC

Here you go....search for USCIS Application Support Center in google....Unable to find phone number....

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac...r.statecode=GA

Street Address
The Application Support Center that serves your area is located in Atlanta, GA.

The address is:

USCIS Application Support Center

1255 Collier Road, Suite 100

Atlanta, GA 30318.
Office Hours and Directions
OFFICE HOURS:

This office provides services to the general public by appointment from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Tuesday through Saturday.

This office provides services to military personnel from 9:00AM to 3:00PM, Tuesday through Saturday. Military personnel do not need an appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj12 View Post
Does anyone know phone no. and office hours for Atlanta Field Office. Thanks