Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
visli_com is infamous around these parts visli_com is infamous around these parts
Default Background check

Hi Guys
I am a 2nd july filler, my wife got EAD& SSN. She want to do job, so she went to a big departmental stores, they took her interview, everything went well. Today HR of that departmental store called and said your background check failed.What is the meaning of this?
Please help.

Thnaks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold

This is different from the Background check involved with immigration.
Check the following site and you will get an idea.This is common for several permanent jobs.
Types of background checks differ from the kind of job you are applying and company policies.

http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/backgr...background.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by visli_com View Post
Hi Guys
I am a 2nd july filler, my wife got EAD& SSN. She want to do job, so she went to a big departmental stores, they took her interview, everything went well. Today HR of that departmental store called and said your background check failed.What is the meaning of this?
Please help.

Thnaks.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future

most likely credit issues - unless there was some other police record on file. a rare case is when an ex-employer gives a bad review but usually no one does for fear of lawsuits

Old 11-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
md_alien will become famous soon enough md_alien will become famous soon enough
Default Request a copy of the Background check report

From the link posted by leo2606 (http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/backgr...background.htm)

"If an employer decides not to hire because of this report, they must give you a pre-adverse action disclosure that includes a copy of the report and a copy of your rights. They must then give you notice that they have decided not to hire you and let you know the name and address of Consumer Reporting Agency and information on your right to dispute the report."

So ask the department store for a copy of the report on the basis of which they denied employment.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
visli_com is infamous around these parts visli_com is infamous around these parts

Thanks for help.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default One more possibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by visli_com View Post
Hi Guys
Please help.

Thnaks.
There is another possibility that your wife had no background info - for e.g no credit cards ( hence no credit history worthwhile ) etc . Sometimes companies ( especially finance or large companies ) don't hire if they don't have enough background info to validate your history. Is that the case.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare

She has credit card , driver's licence, but additional credit card .

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpandey View Post
There is another possibility that your wife had no background info - for e.g no credit cards ( hence no credit history worthwhile ) etc . Sometimes companies ( especially finance or large companies ) don't hire if they don't have enough background info to validate your history. Is that the case.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-01
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chantel is on a distinguished road

Typically a Pre Employment Screen Background search include: Verification of identity, SSN, employment history, education, and address history. Checks State and county criminal records, sexual offender, terrorist watch, credit check, bankruptcy. (Federal criminal records available.) Matched by name & birthday.
So there are many reasons why her background check could have failed, and it is wise to get a copy of the background search report purchased by the Department Store. Note that if they did the research themselves, and did not buy the background check, then they do not have to give you a copy.
Another reason that the background check could have failed is if an undocumented worker or an identity thief is also using your wife's SSN.