Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default Strange... FP notice for spouse but not me!

Hello I opened 2 SRs 4 weeks ago. Yesterday I got two notices from USCIS.
My wife got finger printing notice but my notice says that "USCIS will notify me of biometrics when the appointment is available". Its so weird. I'm the prime applicant. Anybody any ideas? My lawyer said wait for 1 month. I spoke to USCIS customer service and they said wait for next month and open another SR.

My case was filed at NSC , then went to CSC and then transferred to NSC.

Anybody any ideas? Have they heard of cases where dependants are getting FP while Primary is waiting.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
canmt is infamous around these parts canmt is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessWait View Post
My wife got finger printing notice but my notice says that "USCIS will notify me of biometrics when the appointment is available". Its so weird. I'm the prime applicant. Anybody any ideas? My lawyer said wait for 1 month. I spoke to USCIS customer service and they said wait for next month and open another SR.

Anybody any ideas? Have they heard of cases where dependants are getting FP while Primary is waiting.
I have heard many cases where in the dependant gets their EAD faster than the prime applicant. My guess would be that USCIS is prioritizing H4 to get the EAD faster since the prime applicant already has the H1. That does not mean you won’t get your EAD ever but it looks like it is not a higher priority.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default i'm waiting for finger printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by canmt View Post
I have heard many cases where in the dependant gets their EAD faster than the prime applicant. My guess would be that USCIS is prioritizing H4 to get the EAD faster since the prime applicant already has the H1. That does not mean you won’t get your EAD ever but it looks like it is not a higher priority.
not EAD, but thanks for the reply.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future

Irrespective of what your notice says, it is very likely that your case has still actually not been transferred to NSC and is still in the CSC. I know because this is what has happened in my case. Just like yours, both mine and my spouse's applications were transferred to the CSC for data entry. Then we got notices saying our cases have been sent back to NSC. But apparently, only the 485 applications were supposedly sent back. The CSC issued EADs and APs for both of us.

IN the meanwhile, since the name typed on my receipt was incorrect, my attorney got the Senator's office involved. Now comes the punch line...according to the information provided by the USCIS to the Senator's office, irrespective of what the notices said, only my spouse's 485 application was actually sent to the NSC. My application is still in the CSC for some reason.

Also, according to sources that my Attorney has, it appears that right now the USCIS is in a "meltdown". They have no idea how many applications they received, where the applications are, and what stage of processing each application is. This was in response to feelers my Attorney sent regarding the FP notices (since we have not received ours yet, RD for 485 is July 23rd). Apparently, the USCIS is in a state where they are absolutely not willing to commit to any timeframes about any applications. This is supported by the vague information that they have put up on the website wherein, they are indicating that they received 2.5 million applications (for all services) in July and August as compared to 1.2 million last year and that they plan to hire an additional 1500 employees to share the workload...

So in a nutshell, I wouldn't worry about your not receiving the FP notice. I am willing to bet, that for some reason all the dependants 485 applications were sent to NSC while the prime applicants are still being held at the CSC and it appears we are in the same, leaking, sinking boat!!

Quote:

Old 12-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default anybody in the same boat

bump

Old 12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough ashishgour is a jewel in the rough
Default Me waiting too..

Quote:
bump
Not yet received FP notices for me and my wife....
Case was transferred from CSC to TSC .
I485 filed on July 23rd.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Ram_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
bump
EndlessWait,
nothing to worry about, it happened to me too,
I opened an SR and two weeks later my wife got FP and I didn't, I thought I'll wait for a week or two but in vain. When I gave a follow-up call I came to know that FP was scheduled at my Attorney's place (I live in west coast and I was scheduled to attend FP at ASC in East coast) and the twist is my attorney never received it.on top of it when I asked the Rep about possibility of scheduling an FP at my place she advised me to file AR-11 form, at this point it was very clear to me that Rep doesn't have a clue on what she is talking about. the very next day I was luck to get hold of nice rep who said I quote
" I don't understand why these people schedule FP at attorney’s location"
he apologized and said he will open an SR to reschedule at my location and he assured me that this time it will be at my location, which I got in couple of weeks.

Hope you will get your FP notice soon.

good luck

CA State Chapter : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default No FPs yet for both

case transfered from CSC to NSC. See signature for details.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
cal97 is a jewel in the rough cal97 is a jewel in the rough cal97 is a jewel in the rough cal97 is a jewel in the rough

July 2nd filer. NSC->CSC->NSC. Was told by an IO at NSC that my FP's have been scheduled on 10/26. Well, I have not received it as yet.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default anybody in the same shoes

bump /\/\

Old 12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcfriend65 is infamous around these parts gcfriend65 is infamous around these parts
Default database re-alignment

databases for CSC and NSC are aligned and then notices are sent automatically. Unless that happens one has to wait to get the FP notice.
Quote:
bump /\/\

Old 12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default but my wife got her FP. both our cases are NSC-CSC-NSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcfriend65 View Post
databases for CSC and NSC are aligned and then notices are sent automatically. Unless that happens one has to wait to get the FP notice.
its so weird, Oh USCIS have mercy on us. go IV

Old 12-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcfriend65 is infamous around these parts gcfriend65 is infamous around these parts
Default Fp

If your wife has gotten fp notice, then try to go along with her on the scheduled date and time, they could take yours too, provided you get the notice before the day on which her fp is scheduled.
Quote:
its so weird, Oh USCIS have mercy on us. go IV