Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it possible to recapture with executive order?

Someone is saying that it is possible to recapture unused green cards with the Executive Order of the President. I wrote emails to IV core asking about this. It will help lot of members if IV core will let us know if this is possible and what we can do.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mjdm_07 is infamous around these parts mjdm_07 is infamous around these parts mjdm_07 is infamous around these parts
Default Hr 5882

I think H.R. 5882 was for that - which apparently died in 2008!

Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default If it was possible!!!

If it was possible, it could have been done by now by IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Someone is saying that it is possible to recapture unused green cards with the Executive Order of the President. I wrote emails to IV core asking about this. It will help lot of members if IV core will let us know if this is possible and what we can do.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for brining this activity to our attention. Visa recapture cannot happen with an executive order. Please do not waste your energy in writing to USCIS, Mayorkas or the President asking for an executive order to recapture unused green cards. Why ask for something that they cannot do? Only Congress has the power to pass a law for visa recapture. That is the reason time and again we have requested IV members to petition the Congress to fix the backlogs.

Sending out random messages could give us an impression that we are helping to fix our issues. To the contrary, the fact is that sending out uncoordinated random messages like this could negatively affect our fixes. We request everyone to please actively participate in the published Action Items, engage in meeting with the lawmakers and not get carried away if some anonymous person is asking to send out random messages, which is often counter productive.

Again, USCIS, Mayorkas or the President does not have the authority to recapture unused green cards. We understand the share the frustration due to the backlogs. And often times some folks have taken advantage of our frustration in making the larger community send out messages which is not at all helpful. These random messages suck up oxygen in the room which could be utilized in a real coordinated effort. We request that at anytime someone is asking to send out random messages, please ask them to share their true identity and refer them to IV Core team

Old 06-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all andycool is a name known to all
Default Its Possible

Read this article in The Examiner....

http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immi...xecutive-order

Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycool View Post
This is a Numbersusa publicity work. Check out Numbersusa homepage and you will see the same. Fact of the matter is that recapture is not happening by Exec. order if you are hoping for it and thinking of sending spam mail to the officials. Do not waste your time on it.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 06-23-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCperm View Post
Wow this rumor has wings and Even law makers are trying to get clarification...

On Monday, Sens. Grassley, Hatch (R-Utah), Vitter (R-La.), Bunning (R-Ky.), Chambliss (R-Ga.), Isakson (R-Ga.), Inhofe (R-Okla.), and Cochran (R-Miss.) sent a letter to the White House, demanding answers to this outrage.

The letter reads as follows:

ďDear President Obama: ..........
its not called "wings"... its called political positioning.... after kyl lied to his constituents in arizona, republican senators who hate Obama are now creating news by themselves.

who will you trust.... Vitter or Obama? make a pick.... the guy who lied after sleeping with hookers or the president with untarnished credibility..... this is such a difficult choice..... i mean give me a break.... "amnesty by executive order" WOW .... as if republicans have fired everything they had.... so now they r into inventing new ammunition......

if amnesty was possible with executive order...... bush would have done it long time back....

the problem is not that these redneck guys are making a fool of everyone..... the real problem is that they know people will buy this nonsense over & over again ......

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
jediknight is a splendid one to behold jediknight is a splendid one to behold jediknight is a splendid one to behold jediknight is a splendid one to behold jediknight is a splendid one to behold jediknight is a splendid one to behold jediknight is a splendid one to behold
Smile Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
the problem is not that these redneck guys are making a fool of everyone..... the real problem is that they know people will buy this nonsense over & over again ......
I am constantly amazed that these folks find followers who are ready to cut their noses to spite their faces.

It's like a cult :-(

The most funniest and saddest thing I saw were folks on Medicare and unemployment fighting against the so called government takeover of the health care system.

Between the Republicans (Do nothing) and Democrats (We are scared to lose the election), we are the ones that are getting screwed. :-(

- JZ

Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
I am constantly amazed that these folks find followers who are ready to cut their noses to spite their faces.

It's like a cult :-(

The most funniest and saddest thing I saw were folks on Medicare and unemployment fighting against the so called government takeover of the health care system.

Between the Republicans (Do nothing) and Democrats (We are scared to lose the election), we are the ones that are getting screwed. :-(

- JZ
totally agree with you..... these guys have such a shallow message & objective.... and they repeat it over and over again in the forth but most powerful branch of government - media.... when democracy was first born, in the earlier years there was this fear that people will not be aware of how or whom to vote for.... & the concept of media was created that media will keep everyone informed creating awareness about how to vote on issues and governments....

it has all come down to the do nothing republicans v/s scared to lose democrats who continue to go down in the media positioning to screw up lives of everyone .... & in this back and forth, the dumbest guy always wins the election to screw it up what is left of it....

i mean just look at this.... can it get any more dumb than "amnesty by executive order"....

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What else would you expect from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
totally agree with you..... these guys have such a shallow message & objective.... and they repeat it over and over again in the forth but most powerful branch of government - media.... when democracy was first born, in the earlier years there was this fear that people will not be aware of how or whom to vote for.... & the concept of media was created that media will keep everyone informed creating awareness about how to vote on issues and governments....

it has all come down to the do nothing republicans v/s scared to lose democrats who continue to go down in the media positioning to screw up lives of everyone .... & in this back and forth, the dumbest guy always wins the election to screw it up what is left of it....

i mean just look at this.... can it get any more dumb than "amnesty by executive order"....
What else would you expect from a guy who thinks immigration increases global warming.. Really how about chances hit by an asteroid?? Can you relate that also to immigration in USA???

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mjdm_07 is infamous around these parts mjdm_07 is infamous around these parts mjdm_07 is infamous around these parts
Default CIR and amnesty

What would be really beneficial, if they split the amnesty part out of the CIR. Most politicians agree that the legal immigration system is dysfunctional and needs to be fixed. The all or nothing approach is the brainchild of Dem's - in fact Rep's asked for an updated bill that starts with the common framework of agreements, like border security, legal immigration reform etc.

Making the legal immigration reform contingent on amnesty doesnít seem to make any rational, even in political perspective. I canít see how it will help Demí win elections, even if thatís their goal. Getting things gradually moving would rather make them look dynamic and solving some problems!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default test

test

Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdm_07 View Post
What would be really beneficial, if they split the amnesty part out of the CIR. Most politicians agree that the legal immigration system is dysfunctional and needs to be fixed. The all or nothing approach is the brainchild of Dem's - in fact Rep's asked for an updated bill that starts with the common framework of agreements, like border security, legal immigration reform etc.

Making the legal immigration reform contingent on amnesty doesnít seem to make any rational, even in political perspective. I canít see how it will help Demí win elections, even if thatís their goal. Getting things gradually moving would rather make them look dynamic and solving some problems!
You are mistaken if you believe that the dems support amnesty and the reps support legal immigration. The fact is that they support themselves and will take on a policy that will get them re-elected.
We do not matter until we make ourselves matter by holding them responsible....... hard to do without citizenship

Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default It is possible

Since we do not have citizenship, we can make ourselves matter to citizens. When we realize that average American citizens are the people whom we need to team up with, politicians will start listening to us. So far we have been teaming up with illegals.

It is often said (and it is very correct) that divided we fall. So we have to stand as a team to success. The question really is, whom would we team up with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigirl View Post
You are mistaken if you believe that the dems support amnesty and the reps support legal immigration. The fact is that they support themselves and will take on a policy that will get them re-elected.
We do not matter until we make ourselves matter by holding them responsible....... hard to do without citizenship

Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute

perfecto !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigirl View Post

Donated to IV