Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Exclamation Green Card Approval- is this a joke??

I got the much awaited Green Card Approval Notice! It says I should get my GC within the next 30 days

While I am thrilled I got this, there seems to be a lot of open issues.
1. My husband is the primary applicant and he is still not approved. I spoke to his attorney and she confirmed that his status shows ‘pending’. How can I, as a dependent, get approved before him?
2. Our petition is EB3 with a PD of Nov 2005. How come I am approved out-of turn? The USCIS has definitely made a mistake on this one. So where do I stand? Do I go back and tell them they have screwed up- yet again?????

I was looking forward to my EAD this month, but my attorney says I won’t get one. She says I will instead get my Green Card. So where do I stand? Am I in trouble? Where do I go from here?

Has this happened to anybody before? What do I do next?

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

congrats.... it seems u r active in iv..... maybe u did well in serving others so u were blessed in return....

Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sammas is on a distinguished road

If I were you, I would ask my attorney the possible ways to inform USCIS about this scenario. This is purely my personal view. It depends on the individual's personal opinion what to do during these kind of scenarios.

FYI, I have read instances where people were wrongly approved and they had not informed USCIS about the mistake. I do not where I read those articles but as far as I remember those were posted on some forums.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmom View Post
I got the much awaited Green Card Approval Notice! It says I should get my GC within the next 30 days

1. My husband is the primary applicant and he is still not approved. I spoke to his attorney and she confirmed that his status shows ‘pending’. How can I, as a dependent, get approved before him?
2. Our petition is EB3 with a PD of Nov 2005. How come I am approved out-of turn? The USCIS has definitely made a mistake on this one. So where do I stand? Do I go back and tell them they have screwed up- yet again?????

I was looking forward to my EAD this month, but my attorney says I won’t get one. She says I will instead get my Green Card. So where do I stand? Am I in trouble? Where do I go from here?

Contact your attorney and USCIS to re-instate your previous status. Since its issued because error, USCIS will later come after you and revoke your GC though its their mistake. Its a unnecessary pain as you would go out of status

Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats..

If indeed you received your green card, I want to congratulate you. I agree with the previous poster saying that you probably earned it, cos, you took part actively in the IV community on all the lobbying efforts. If you got it, enjoy it.

Quote:

485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold

I also think you should tell your attorney to inform USCIS that your case was approved in error just avoid getting into complications later. It will be much easier down the road if you get this sorted out now.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

From different postings on forums, there seems to be 2 opinions

First group thinks we should not report this to USCIS.

Other group says, during citizenship stage or much before that an IO could notice this and revoke the card saying that it was approved in error.

I remember reading murthy.com article where it says we should return the green card if approved in error.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of

I have been an active IV member...and will continue to be one. I think this whole system is absolutely ludicrous.

But I do think 'Congratulations' are a little too early. I am not too kicked about going back to USCIS and telling them -'hey, you have messed up again. Please revoke my green card because I would like to wait another 10 yrs to get mine!'

On the other hand, I don't want to be caught 3 yrs down the line with no other alternatives when they revoke my wrongly issued green card!!!

Has anyone seen any threads related to this? All I have read shows people getting their GC's out of turn, but no one seems to have gone back to the USCIS asking to restore their previous status.

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sammas is on a distinguished road

Useful link

MurthyDotCom : When is an Approved I-485 Not a Good Thing?

Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default good thinking..

good thinking..I am sure you will do the right thing whatever it is..

Quote:
I have been an active IV member...and will continue to be one. I think this whole system is absolutely ludicrous.

But I do think 'Congratulations' are a little too early. I am not too kicked about going back to USCIS and telling them -'hey, you have messed up again. Please revoke my green card because I would like to wait another 10 yrs to get mine!'

On the other hand, I don't want to be caught 3 yrs down the line with no other alternatives when they revoke my wrongly issued green card!!!

Has anyone seen any threads related to this? All I have read shows people getting their GC's out of turn, but no one seems to have gone back to the USCIS asking to restore their previous status.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...cal-error.html (We got our GC - USCIS clerical error!!)

Old 07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
priderock is an unknown quantity at this point

There are couple of knowledge base articles on murthy dot com on this topic. Please search and they are easy to find. I will post the link if I find one.

But if I recollect correctly , the recommendation from Murthy was to inform USCIS about their mistake. (I know, I mean I can guess, how that feels )

Best outcome would be for USCIS to tell you "Never mind. Keep it"

Quote:

Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DiffGC is a jewel in the rough DiffGC is a jewel in the rough DiffGC is a jewel in the rough

Not sure if you or your spouse filed a EB2 and decision is pending in your view and USCIS took note of it and approved EB2 automatically porting EB3 to EB2.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future

Quote:

Though, I wish it the other way in your case-- but this may indeed be a joke. My dependant minor daughter's also read the same since Dec09 (see, below). When contacted IO told cases are waiting for visa number and online status, is so called a computer glitch. I only wish we are greened now as we are current in Aug VB

Document production or Oath Ceremony
On December 1, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a green card)

see the msg below:

Old 07-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future swissgear has a brilliant future
Default On a Lighter note

Quote:

Maybe your husband wanted to surprise you and ported from EB3 to EB2 without telling you and you being very busy with IV initiatives and all. So just cross check once and see. Who knows ...Just Kidding!!!