Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedfront View Post
When will my number come.
very soon.....the guy with oct 05 bucket is now back from vacation...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
innervoice will become famous soon enough innervoice will become famous soon enough

When will my number come????

PD: Oct 2005

Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immuser is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinois_alum View Post
Guys....there are multiple different messages on the USCIS Online Case Status portal...but they all mean the same. Not everyone gets all the messages: -

Card Production Ordered / CPO
Mailed Notice Registering Status as New Permanent Resident Status
Welcome Email

All 3 emails/notices/updates mean the same - that YOU ARE GREENED and they have APPROVED YOUR GC/485.

For whatever reason, not everyone gets all the 3 notices/emails. Some only get one and others get any 2.

We only got the CPO update - but yesterday we also received the physical I-797 Notice of Registration as a New Permanent Resident. We never got any "Welcome E-mail"

These are the ways of USCIS...folks are unduly getting about this
yes, this is confusing. My status was CPO yesterday and today I got another email with status changed back to 'Decision' and "we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status."

The second para is "During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner."

This confuses me even more. But, searching forums looks like my case is approved. Have to wait and see whats really going on.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Donated $100. Thanks IV
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 08-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of
Post this is as per policy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
This happened to another user on this forum. I guess USCIS is getting generous. Enjoy your freedom
This has always been USCIS policy. For PD porting you just need a approved I-140 on previous petition. It used to be the case that when applying for the I-485 using 'new' I-140 one had to mention the old approved I-140 in order for them to do PD porting. However now it seems like they are able to link up the new and old cases somehow in their system.
I-485 ND Aug 20 2007
LUD June 26 ,2009
SR Aug 3, 2010
Greened! Aug 5, 2010

Old 08-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kingkon_2000 can only hope to improve
Question What is ADIT??

Yesterday I received email that card production ordered and today it says I have to go through some ADIT processing. Does this mean that they require some additional documents for processing or verification. The exact message is as below...

"On August 6, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.
"

Can anyone please tell me what this means.

Thanks in advance..

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervoice View Post
When will my number come????

PD: Oct 2005
I am equally frustrated. Is there anything we should to to make sure that we get with in this month (We never know if the dates will be current next month)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksj is on a distinguished road
Default Opening SR Helps.

I was also in the same situation, my PD is Oct05 at NSC. I saw everyone from Jan/Feb getting approved ( no offense to anyone, I think its a good thing that cases are getting approved atleast ) and I missed the 2008 Boat,so I opened SR on 08/04 and yesterday I got the mail that my case has been approved.I strongly think that the SR did the trick.so I suggest you guys to give it a shot by first opening a SR and take it from there I think it helps in getting the IO looking at the case instead of it sitting in some pile at some corner.

TO kingkon_2000:
Dont worry about the ADIT email, even I got the same mail yesterday afternoon for the first time when i noticed the case status, then by night I got CPO mail, so everything will be fine, am sure you will get the CPO mail by monday this being a weekend now.

I have been reading IV on and off for a while now.Just thought I would post my experiences here,maybe it will help someone in deciding what to do next...thank you

Old 08-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
innervoice will become famous soon enough innervoice will become famous soon enough

I also opened a SR on Friday and also contacted to local congress man ,as per him 'the applications are en route to an officer for review and adjudication. They are currently being checked to be sure the security background checks (fingerprints) are current. If necessary, they will schedule you for another fingerprint appointment."

Old 08-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkon_2000 View Post
Yesterday I received email that card production ordered and today it says I have to go through some ADIT processing. Does this mean that they require some additional documents for processing or verification. The exact message is as below...

"On August 6, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.
"

Can anyone please tell me what this means.

Thanks in advance..
Don't worry...It means what it says...

The PR card will be mailed after registering your new status or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice...

It does not say that you have to go through ADIT processing. This is a standard email that everyone receives. Just wait for the "welcome/approval" notice in the snail mail. The notice will say whether you will get the card within few weeks or will ask you to go through the ADIT process. If the notice says that you have to complete ADIT processing, complete it, and then you will receive the physical card.

ADIT processing is barely anything. It's just formal. Might need new fingerprints (if required), etc. Just couple of weeks delay in getting the card. That's all...After the CPO email and approval notice email (just as yours), I just received welcome notice in the mail, and the notice does not require me to go through ADIT processing. So I guess I will get the card in the mail within the next week or two...

Last edited by transpass; 08-08-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute
Default OR maybe...

Citizenshipbeku

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisachu View Post
Congrats. Maybe you should consider changing your username to "gcsikthu"

Old 08-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute buddyinsd has a reputation beyond repute
Default I dont understand why

I've opened an SR on Aug 2nd (first working day of this month) and still waiting...Infopass is also done and it seems my appln is with an Officer. What else can I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj View Post
I was also in the same situation, my PD is Oct05 at NSC. I saw everyone from Jan/Feb getting approved ( no offense to anyone, I think its a good thing that cases are getting approved atleast ) and I missed the 2008 Boat,so I opened SR on 08/04 and yesterday I got the mail that my case has been approved.I strongly think that the SR did the trick.so I suggest you guys to give it a shot by first opening a SR and take it from there I think it helps in getting the IO looking at the case instead of it sitting in some pile at some corner.

TO kingkon_2000:
Dont worry about the ADIT email, even I got the same mail yesterday afternoon for the first time when i noticed the case status, then by night I got CPO mail, so everything will be fine, am sure you will get the CPO mail by monday this being a weekend now.

I have been reading IV on and off for a while now.Just thought I would post my experiences here,maybe it will help someone in deciding what to do next...thank you

Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
gcbeku is a jewel in the rough gcbeku is a jewel in the rough gcbeku is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyinsd View Post
Citizenshipbeku
GCsakuNCbeku

I guess there will be another line in 5 years when all of us will be in the queue for citizenship....and we will have to face this same crappy organization again...

Old 08-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajpath is infamous around these parts rajpath is infamous around these parts rajpath is infamous around these parts rajpath is infamous around these parts rajpath is infamous around these parts
Default infopass

Whats the process to get the infopass appointment and what do they do in infopass? Could somebody let me know in few sentences

Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
tejonidhi is a glorious beacon of light tejonidhi is a glorious beacon of light tejonidhi is a glorious beacon of light tejonidhi is a glorious beacon of light tejonidhi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Try to call them and speak to 2 level IO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyinsd View Post
I've opened an SR on Aug 2nd (first working day of this month) and still waiting...Infopass is also done and it seems my appln is with an Officer. What else can I do?

Try calling them and speak to level 2 IO. you can say that my alien numbers are different on I140 and I485 ( just bluffing). All you need is access to 2 level IO. They have capability to send email to the reviwing officer who reviews your case. Hope this helps All the best
I-485 RD July 2,2007;
EAD: Jan 17 ,2008
ND Sept 8,2007;
FP Sept 27,2007;
NSC;
Name Check : july 21,2008 . according to info pass @boston,MA
2 EAD: submitted on sept 25,2008
Approved on sept 30,2008 ( TSC)