Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute usdreams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdreams View Post
Hi Pappu,

Can anyone be called 2nd time for the interview after filing I-485 ?

I filed I-485 in 2007, was interviewed in 2009, called USCIS today since my date is current since May and nothing happened so far, found out that I am scheduled for the Interview.

Anyone in the same boat ?

Please reply.

UPDATE just in case it helps someone: Interview was same as before, asked documents and at the end, the IO told me that you will receive your GC in 2 weeks, got it in 10 days.

Thank you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like senators are working on S2038 amendments (based on senate calendar) today. Hopefully they would come at some sort of agreement on that one and then proceed to other issues.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Looks like senators are working on S2038 amendments (based on senate calendar) today. Hopefully they would come at some sort of agreement on that one and then proceed to other issues.
Sorry wrong thread!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hibernate is infamous around these parts Hibernate is infamous around these parts
Default Question about transferred case

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Most Important Tip: Do not waste your time tracking. It will not help you get your green card come any faster. pre- adjudication process has made the system more efficient. Spend time understanding the whole process and you will understand why checking who gets approval before you and after you is a waste of time. If you have time, help other fellow applicants with their questions on the forums or participate in advocacy work on Immigrationvoice so that you can help fix the problem.
If you have been a long term donor member and you do not have a Green Card approval even after being current for several months, contact IV. We can try to help you.

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued instructions on making inquiries with the agency's four Service Centers. Customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups should follow this guidance when inquiring about case related issues. This new process standardizes customer service and streamlines processing of customer inquiries at USCIS Service Centers. The step-by-step instructions are as follows:

Step 1: Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. The NCSC can assist customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups with case related inquiries. Before calling the NCSC please have available your receipt number, alien registration number, type of application filed and date filed. During your call we recommend that you take note of the following information:

-The name and/or id number of the NCSC representative

-The date and time of the call

-Any service request referral number, if a service referral on a pending case is taken

Step 2: If more than 15 days have passed since you contacted the NCSC and the issue has not been resolved or explained you can email the proper USCIS Service Center to check the status of your case.

-California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

-Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

-Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

-Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Please note: Emails should be sent to the Service Center that has jurisdiction over your case. The receipt notice will indicate EAC for the Vermont Service Center, SRC for the Texas Service Center, LIN for the Nebraska Service Center, and WAC for the California Service Center.

When contacting the Service Centers by email you will need to provide the information outlined in Step 1. If the NCSC did not issue a service request after your call, please indicate the reason the NCSC representative did not issue the request.

Step 3: In the event you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the appropriate Service Center, you may email the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov. You will receive a response from this email address within ten days.
Pappu,

Thank you for listing the steps. I am trying to follow your steps for my condition but I would appreciate if you can tell me if agree that it also applied to cases like me as well or if I should expect approval before TSC's current processing time.

I filed my 485 at NSC in July 2007 fiasco time. I had few LUDs becasue of Address change or new G-28 forms but I never heard till August 2012 - when it said my case was transferred to TSC. Is it true that TSC will treat the new receipt date i.e. somewhere in August 2012 as the processing order date - as currently they are processing 485 cases of April 2012?

(The reason i have doubt is when I called customer service - the L2 Officer said that the case was transferred to TSC but it will be processed in order it was received by the center. I also didn't get reply on Service Request he put for case status details even after 15 days.)

Old 09-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikki77 is on a distinguished road
Default Primary I-485 status Card Production, Dependent I-485 status in Acceptance

I(primary) and my Wife(Dependent) applied for COS on 7/31/2013.
Reciept Date= 8/6/2013.
Service Center: TEXAS
Primary applicant's I-485 status changed from "Acceptance" to "Card/Document Production" on 9/6/2013 but my dependent's online status still shows as in "Acceptance".

Is this a common practice where dependent's process is delayed for a while?

Since my RD is 8/6/2013, what are options available at this time?

Can I send an email to streamline.tsc@dhs.gov ?

Thanks

chikki

Old 02-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nihar is infamous around these parts nihar is infamous around these parts nihar is infamous around these parts nihar is infamous around these parts
Default Pls help

Applied for green card under the category of single daughter of green card above 21 yrs old
Later in 2010 got married to a green card who was not willing to show marriage legally.
In 2012 mother became a citizen and my category was changed under the condition ,single daughter of a citizen above 21 yrs old.
Husband filed for divorce in 2013 after getting separated in 2012 august.
I contested for annulment and after lot of back and forth husband agreed for the same.
My question is did I commit any fraud and since my dates are current im also working on annulment process what is advised?