Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Tip for all people who have their date current

Most Important Tip: Do not waste your time tracking. It will not help you get your green card come any faster. pre- adjudication process has made the system more efficient. Spend time understanding the whole process and you will understand why checking who gets approval before you and after you is a waste of time. If you have time, help other fellow applicants with their questions on the forums or participate in advocacy work on Immigrationvoice so that you can help fix the problem.
If you have been a long term donor member and you do not have a Green Card approval even after being current for several months, contact IV. We can try to help you.

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued instructions on making inquiries with the agency's four Service Centers. Customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups should follow this guidance when inquiring about case related issues. This new process standardizes customer service and streamlines processing of customer inquiries at USCIS Service Centers. The step-by-step instructions are as follows:

Step 1: Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. The NCSC can assist customers, community-based organizations and liaison groups with case related inquiries. Before calling the NCSC please have available your receipt number, alien registration number, type of application filed and date filed. During your call we recommend that you take note of the following information:

-The name and/or id number of the NCSC representative

-The date and time of the call

-Any service request referral number, if a service referral on a pending case is taken

Step 2: If more than 15 days have passed since you contacted the NCSC and the issue has not been resolved or explained you can email the proper USCIS Service Center to check the status of your case.

-California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov

-Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

-Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov

-Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Please note: Emails should be sent to the Service Center that has jurisdiction over your case. The receipt notice will indicate EAC for the Vermont Service Center, SRC for the Texas Service Center, LIN for the Nebraska Service Center, and WAC for the California Service Center.

When contacting the Service Centers by email you will need to provide the information outlined in Step 1. If the NCSC did not issue a service request after your call, please indicate the reason the NCSC representative did not issue the request.

Step 3: In the event you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the appropriate Service Center, you may email the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov. You will receive a response from this email address within ten days.

Last edited by pappu; 05-06-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Tip for all people who have their date current

Not sure how many people remember but some time back TSC introduced a process called 'Streamline' to make sure that primary and derivative I-485 applications get assigned to a single IO and not get separated. I and a friend of mine used this and did not face any issue with file separation. This doesn't hurt and hopefully your file will be picked.
In a nutshell your attorney (in my friend's case he sent the email himself) sends an email with A numbers of your family members. He will get an automated acknowledgment. This can only do good. Here are full details copied with slight modifications from laborimmigration.com.
Here is direct link to USCIS release - http://www.laborimmigration.com/wp-c...-procedure.pdf
--------------------------------------------------------
The Texas Service Center (TSC) has introduced a new email procedure (since 2008) that which is available to attorneys who are AILA members and allows the Texas Service Center to identify I-485s and I-140s which have remained pending beyond TSC processing times posted on USCIS’S website.

According to the new procedure, which is effective immediately (since 2008), I-485s are subject to the new procedure only when an immigrant visa has been made available, according to the State Department Visa Bulletin. The new procedure allows submission via email of I-485 cases which are subject to review based on the visa numbers. An automatic system picks up the cases and determines whether they are subject to review. If they are, it has some mechanism to prioritize them and distribute the case to a case worker.

The procedures are as follows:

EB I-485 Cases

The procedure may be used by AILA-member attorneys who see that a visa number is available to his or her client according to the Visa Bulletin. The inquiry can be submitted as soon as the Visa Bulletin is published.

1. Identify all clients on one email whose visa numbers will be available according to the visa bulletin.
2. Send an email to streamline.tsc@dhs.gov
3. On the subject line, write “EB I-485/”MM” (Example:EB I-485/OCT)
4. In the body of the email, provide A numbers only. The system will use these A numbers to pull cases and distribute them to floor case workers.
5. If the applicant has more than one A number, type both separated by a “/” (Example: A111222333/A444555666)
6. If there are multiple family members, type them all on the same line separated by commas (Example: A111222333, A222333444, A444555666)

Edit: Looks like it is only for TSC. There is no comparable process for NSC.

Last edited by hoolahoous; 08-15-2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Only for TSC

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/08/2007
Compare
gc_nebraska is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info, can I use the same format for NSC as well?

Old 08-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold

sorry not sure about NSC. If anyone knows please add.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syedn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_nebraska View Post
Thanks for the info, can I use the same format for NSC as well?
I tried the email and replaced TSC with NSC. The email bounced back. No such ID exists.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Seems NSC folks are out of luck. But still good for TSC folks.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice gc_dream07 is just really nice
Default AILA members only???

As per the document, only AILA members can send the email.

I will be current in the month of September. Is it possible to send this myself if my attorney does not to send due to some reason.

Proud Member, Texas State Chapter: http://www.yahoogro ups.com/group/ texasiv

Old 08-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

I got my lawyer to send the email. he was actually surprised by this and said he is gonna send emails for all of his clients !
My friend sent the email himself and got acknowledgment. I don't think USCIS has any way to validate if email belongs to AILA member. However it is up to you to decide if it is right/wrong thing to do.

Edit: Also note that email can be sent as soon as visa bulletin is published. i.e. you don't have to wait until your date actually becomes current.

Last edited by hoolahoous; 08-15-2010 at 07:54 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
AreWeThereYet is infamous around these parts
Default Let me try

I will try it in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoolahoous View Post
The procedures are as follows:

EB I-485 Cases

The procedure may be used by AILA-member attorneys who see that a visa number is available to his or her client according to the Visa Bulletin. The inquiry can be submitted as soon as the Visa Bulletin is published.

1. Identify all clients on one email whose visa numbers will be available according to the visa bulletin.
2. Send an email to streamline.tsc@dhs.gov
3. On the subject line, write “EB I-485/”MM” (Example:EB I-485/OCT)
4. In the body of the email, provide A numbers only. The system will use these A numbers to pull cases and distribute them to floor case workers.
5. If the applicant has more than one A number, type both separated by a “/” (Example: A111222333/A444555666)
6. If there are multiple family members, type them all on the same line separated by commas (Example: A111222333, A222333444, A444555666)

Edit: Looks like it is only for TSC. There is no comparable process for NSC.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
kiranatl is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info dude.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2008
Compare
sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts
Default When did you send your email?

Quote:
I got my lawyer to send the email. he was actually surprised by this and said he is gonna send emails for all of his clients !
My friend sent the email himself and got acknowledgment. I don't think USCIS has any way to validate if email belongs to AILA member. However it is up to you to decide if it is right/wrong thing to do.

Edit: Also note that email can be sent as soon as visa bulletin is published. i.e. you don't have to wait until your date actually becomes current.

Did you send your email as soon as the bulletin was published before your date was current? If yes, how much time before your PD was to be current?

And it says it is meant only for AILA members?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd View Post
Did you send your email as soon as the bulletin was published before your date was current? If yes, how much time before your PD was to be current?

And it says it is meant only for AILA members?
then answers to your questions is already in above posts. but here they again..

1) as per USCIS memo you can send mail AS SOON AS visa bulletin is published which has your date listed as current. I told my lawyer to send it the day visa bulletin was published, I think he took 3-4 days to send the email. so yes my email went about 12-13 days before my dates were actually current .

2) yes it is meant to be sent by AILA members only as per original USCIS doc. But read the above posts and decide for yourself.

you can read the USCIS memo I have linked (it is a very small document)

Old 08-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2008
Compare
sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts sidd is infamous around these parts

Quote:
then answers to your questions is already in above posts. but here they again..

1) as per USCIS memo you can send mail AS SOON AS visa bulletin is published which has your date listed as current. I told my lawyer to send it the day visa bulletin was published, I think he took 3-4 days to send the email. so yes my email went about 12-13 days before my dates were actually current .

2) yes it is meant to be sent by AILA members only as per original USCIS doc. But read the above posts and decide for yourself.

you can read the USCIS memo I have linked (it is a very small document)

And did your lawyer receive any reply to that email except the standard acknowledgement?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd View Post
And did your lawyer receive any reply to that email except the standard acknowledgement?
just standard automated reply.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
AreWeThereYet is infamous around these parts
Default sent it

I sent it and got an acknowledgement. Lets see if it helps!
hoolahoous, thanks again for sharing this.