Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
May-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dyekek12 is on a distinguished road
Default Master degree ; Biostatistics ..EB2 candidate?

I'm thinking about pursuing maser degree of Biostatistics.
I heard the job market demand is high and
most jobs require master degree at least.

As a research assistance, biostatistician, research analyst..

Could I apply as EB2 ?
Am I qualifed?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2007, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
rkat is on a distinguished road

My sincere advice - if u are here currently on a visa then forget about applying for GC..! Complete your education and get ur degree. Then - PACK UR BAGS AND GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY OR just go back home.! This GC is bussiness is honestly not worth it anymore.!! Sorry if i sound frustrated or disheartening but I'm only being practical & realistic.!

Old 12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkat View Post
My sincere advice - if u are here currently on a visa then forget about applying for GC..! Complete your education and get ur degree. Then - PACK UR BAGS AND GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY OR just go back home.! This GC is bussiness is honestly not worth it anymore.!! Sorry if i sound frustrated or disheartening but I'm only being practical & realistic.!
I second it. rkat's every word is right. Please do not make your education decision just based on GC EB2 or EB3

Old 12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default I third that..

its a "carrot dangling" technique used by the immigration system here to make u "modern day slave" to get things done....they will take ur SS taxes and make u wait until you realize and give up and go back

i really wish the reality of this immigration was known to me when I came..I wasted my career waiting in this GC wait....

Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future

Relax guys dont gang up like that - maybe he believes in himself and will actually fight for his rights unlike many here on IV!
dyekek12 - as you can obviously see from above, there are a lot of frustrated souls out here. You are in the wrong forum to pose such q's - this place is filled with a lot of socially challenged tech grads who sit on their asses the whole day tracking bureacracies and complaining like village bellies & then do nothing about it. Your q is best answered by a college counselor or dept head. Pick a school with a good program and see what their grads are doing. Most grads will happily answer q's for you honestly. There are plenty of websites to do your research on - but approaching it as an eb3/eb2 gateway is bad. All of them are screwed up.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of
Default I fourth that....

I have waited long enough to say that. Came to USA and pursued a career in Traffic Engineering. Now I can't even find jobs in India because, many say that my job is advanced for India right now.
Make sure you do a masters in some field in which you can find opportunities in India.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

Swamy - (with due respect to IV who i totally support in every which way!) but what have u done other than joining a state chapter, contributing $$ to IV and holding signs at the DC rally.?? Is this what ur life has come to now..?? Only to motivate people to join IV..?? How long do u plan on conitnuing to do this.?? Wake up buddy..!! Yes we are stuck in this mess now having filed for AOS and the indefinite future wait for cases to be approved..!! There is no doubt about that.
But somebody like dyekek12 who seems to be new to the immigration world - whats the harm in sharing with him options that maybe more practical for him 3-5 years from now.! If somebody would have adviced me back in the hay days - i would have surely listened.! There are 3 SENIOR members who seem to agree to what i have said.! All of us cannot be socially challenged.! Sorry swamy - i disagree.! How would a college professor or a dept. head answer his Q....Myfriend - ..." there is the real world and then there is the immigration world........!!!! "
The immigration system here in the US is like fire - and if u try playing with fire there is no doubt in my mind that you will only get burnt.!! (again - i'm not a village bellie neither am i socially challeged - i am only being realistic.! thats all.! and i know it hurts!)

Old 12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing is whay do you want to get into EB2???
Did you not see the Jan 08 bulletin? EB2 India is behind EB3 and on the brink of the last century

Of course this is assuming you are from India, if you are not; then 3 cheers for you. Study up and move out of the GC mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyekek12 View Post

Could I apply as EB2 ?
Am I qualifed?
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Malaysia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb

Quote:

Could I apply as EB2 ?
Am I qualifed?
To your question:
Yes, You can apply under EB2 with Masters degree.

But do your own research on pursuing masters. It will take alteast 2+ years to complete and land on a job. The GC process and Economy might swing back or forth without your control.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Let me try

Quote:

Could I apply as EB2 ?
Am I qualifed?
If you are from a non retro country, EB2 will help. Otherwise not really.

To get an EB2, you need a masters degree but your job will also have to require it. I know of folks with masters but their company filed as Eb3. You can apply for EB2-NIW on your own. This requires more than just a degree. You will have to show your field of study is of national interest, and YOU have unique abilities and YOU are a world leader/expert in your chosen field.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bhaag Ja Idhar Se !!

On top of that, companies that come for campus placement - they will put a big board for you -"Only US citizens and Green Card holders apply". I have friends who spent 50-60 K on MBA degree and they are doing software development job (They were developers even before doing MBA and they wanted to get out of it). Think about their investment - 2 years of MBA tution fee ~ 60 K + 2 years of wage loss ~ 160 K. After investing 220K if someone tell you to go and get Green Card first, dude believe me that ain't gonna feel good. Someone please give me few green dots, I have lost hope for my green card....for the time being red dots are good.
My 2 cents.

Last edited by kumar1; 12-13-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

Dyekek12 - my friend....We all are here only wishing the best for each other.! There has to be a reason why majority of folks who responded to to ur post in fact agree with what i had to say...This country is full of opportunity - no doubt about that.! But boy - one has to heavy, heavy price for that.!! A price that a lot of folks on this forum have to come to see - one that is not worth it.!. Yes - i am talking about the GC. Something that promises you all the freedom, flexibility, mobility that each one of is entiltled too.! But the road to get the GC is a road better not taken.! The only reason most of the folks here think alike - because we're already on this extremely bumpy road...invested time, $$, energy into all this.! And we all have been bought to a stage where we are standing outside the temple but are not allowed inside to seek blessings.! We don't know when we will be allowed inside..?? This is the anxiety that ends up eating u inside.!! Extremely uncomfortable, uneasy and anxiety filled scenario.!!
Yeah dude...make a wise decision..No matter what! We can only advice.! Good luck!