Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immihelp2 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy GC related Depression - how do you handle it?

Been in the US since 1998, have an EB-2 PD of 2001, have played by the rules all along. Still no GC... And, the dates are going back to 2000 from the new year.. I've lost hopes...

I'm pretty close to getting clinical depression because of this game played by USCIS, Labor Dept, FBI and my own bad luck.

SKILL bill, OMNIBUS, etc. comes and goes. IV does seem to be doing things to lobby for the community, but let's face one reality. Like a news article said, no one in congress or senate wants to touch immigration even with a long pole until 2009.

The US has been very good to me (other than the GC part), more than my home country (India) which is why I'm still here.

Have invested too much of time in this country to just pack up and go. Just curious if any of you feel this way? How do you handle such depressing feelings?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nashorn will become famous soon enough

Don't raise hope to much. Get a back up plan which you can be happy with. If you really like to be in the US and dislike going back, consider the asylum option, which could be very fast.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default A few Ideas

Workout - Research indicates workout beats the blues

Become really active with IV and get the sense of accomplishment. Somethings I do with So. Cal IV releases lots of endorphins and puts me on a natural high. It's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 View Post
Been in the US since 1998, have an EB-2 PD of 2001, have played by the rules all along. Still no GC... And, the dates are going back to 2000 from the new year.. I've lost hopes...

I'm pretty close to getting clinical depression because of this game played by USCIS, Labor Dept, FBI and my own bad luck.

SKILL bill, OMNIBUS, etc. comes and goes. IV does seem to be doing things to lobby for the community, but let's face one reality. Like a news article said, no one in congress or senate wants to touch immigration even with a long pole until 2009.

The US has been very good to me (other than the GC part), more than my home country (India) which is why I'm still here.

Have invested too much of time in this country to just pack up and go. Just curious if any of you feel this way? How do you handle such depressing feelings?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

Never make anything a weakness....thats when you will feel you have everything to lose if you don't get it.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future

I dont have GC depression just irritation but when other things bother me I just run it out sometimes. Also, there's so much to be done so once you get busy full time and especially weekends so just try and keep yourself occupied and your mind away from the stuff that bothers you. Ofcourse 10 years is a long time and there's no justification for this but hopefully we can solve this mess thru iv so this ugly vb mess is confined to the dustbins of history forever.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

A: I suggest you to have a trip in India and visit some places like Dharavi,
Mumbai. If you do not want to go to India, Just take a trip to Brooklyn, NY
You will see lots of souls in a such condition, you will start feeling better.
I would not say this is nice way to feel good but that is the qucikest thing
I can think of. What I mean to say is do not feel hopeless as you are in a
way better condition than millions. And those millions have not lost hope
and faith. Yes, you do not have GC so I also do not have GC. I do not
have assets like what Bill Gates or Anil Ambani has. So now I get a good
reason to depress and feel hopeless. Should I start feeling depressed?

Ans: World history is full of events when people have done and made success
against all odds. Have confidence and faith in yourself. Stand up to
challenge the problems and entities who impose the problem on you.

Question: Have you done anything good for India or planning to do any good
for USA? Or it is always about yourself?

Have invested too much of time in this country to just pack up and go.

Q: As per your claim, India has not done good to you with comparison to USA.
Are you planning to go back to India after packing up? Just curious.

Just curious if any of you feel this way? How do you handle such depressing feelings?

See the answers and hope my answers do not depress you.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
I had been in US for 6 years and has a PD of October 2006, that means i have to wait a long time to get my GC. but i got my back up plans prepared. It tends to irriate me but the only way to solve is to get involved in some kind of activity. I would suggest get involved in IV. Atleast you will feel much better that you are helping a community that lead you to get your GC soon.

Days will pass soon. In fact your PD is 2001. not like many others 2006 and 2007

Old 12-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
See the answers and hope my answers do not depress you.
I don't know why what (s)he has done to India or U.S or any other place should be any of our business? What has that got to do with his/her depression about not receiving GC? Why is that as soon as someone poses a simple question, people tend to get on the moral high-horse? BTW, the poster never said (s)he is going back yet.

2: just don't lose hope. Your day in the sun will come. I am kinda in the similar situation as you are too (came in 1999, PD of 2002, was in the labor backlog for 5 years...). Just keep your chin up. As someone else said, you are getting closer to your GC.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Last edited by sunny1000; 12-16-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute
Default H1B, stress, depression - handling

It does not matter, you have to show +ve outlook, to perform and brings results - this is key to survival. Well, it is too personal, but:

- I give one hour to body, mediatation, exercise, yoga
- Sometimes I go to temple, spend 10-15 minutes

As I mentioned, it is personal, different people will have different approach, as everyone is steering through. I am not sure how much it is going to help - sharing of information on this front.

Last edited by paskal; 12-16-2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: i strongly advise not recommending hormmonal supplemnets in this manner. your actions are your own...

Old 12-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/24/2007
Compare
srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future srinithati has a brilliant future

Don't worry Bro' this retrogrssion is artificial...

Cases Pending for year 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003 may be few hundresds..

even single case is is pending(due to name check delays and and it has been cleared recently), they have to regtrogate to cover that case...

For EB2, retrogression is artificial, it doesnot reflect actual numbers.

March/April 2008 - will show up more realistic numbers..

Old 12-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default and if it makes you feel better

I have been in US since 1998 as well and I have a EB2 PD of Nov 2006. I keep myself healthy and happy. To me if there is no work here there will be work somewhere else and if there is no growth this country there will be growth somewhere else. Cheer up buddy :-)

Quote:

Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/16/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Compare
bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of
Default I drink!

Well, my old carcass is getting too aged to handle that anymore. So now I ease off the sauce and go to the gym.
But I do also try to notice and enjoy the silliness of the every day human condition. (Still to this day, I'm not sure why I mow my lawn, for instance.) A sense of humour is very important. Recognition that there are others less fortunate. And stay connected with friends socially.
And also recognize that fact that a green card won't make me magically happier beyond the immediate jubilation. Yes it is good to regain the rights we lost coming to the US. To speeches I'll still smile, nod, even clap and think "what a bunch of nonsense!" for privacy is the true freedom that you still have. But I'll still work for a living. I'll still put on a dress shirt to impress clients I'll never see. I'll still try to spend more time creating than managing. Not simply because my h1b legally requires me to do so, but because managing is intellectually trivial. Or one could say that managing is the work of man, creation is the work of the gods. ; )

Chin up!
-b

Old 12-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzibub View Post

Well, my old carcass is getting too aged to handle that anymore. So now I ease off the sauce and go to the gym.
But I do also try to notice and enjoy the silliness of the every day human condition. (Still to this day, I'm not sure why I mow my lawn, for instance.) A sense of humour is very important. Recognition that there are others less fortunate. And stay connected with friends socially.
And also recognize that fact that a green card won't make me magically happier beyond the immediate jubilation. Yes it is good to regain the rights we lost coming to the US. To speeches I'll still smile, nod, even clap and think "what a bunch of nonsense!" for privacy is the true freedom that you still have. But I'll still work for a living. I'll still put on a dress shirt to impress clients I'll never see. I'll still try to spend more time creating than managing. Not simply because my h1b legally requires me to do so, but because managing is intellectually trivial. Or one could say that managing is the work of man, creation is the work of the gods. ; )

Chin up!
-b
Good post!

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default You came in 1998:

Quote:

This is your first post. Welcome to IV. You may want to spend time on the forum and with state chapters. Getting actively involved may help you.

During the time of IV rally, I happened to speak with an IV member who is here in this country since early 1990s. He has always maintained his legal status and was unfortunate to restart his greencard process several times due to job changes. He did not have a green card at that time and his PD was not very old.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Compare
at0474 has a spectacular aura about at0474 has a spectacular aura about at0474 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

--Hopelessness, negative thinking and depression are real feelings. Many people live in denial. Some realize and never express it till it consumes them completely. Some express it to their relief but may suffer from not knowing the reason causing depressed feelings.

In your case , you are not in denial, you are expressing it and most importantly, you have identified the reason behind feeling hopeless and depressed.

If you can do anything to solve the problem, then do it without worrying about the outcome. If the situation is beyond your control, you are not going to solve it by worrying more about it.

Be in control. Don't let it control you.Keep yourself occupied by doing things that you like and entertain yourself.

I am going through the same.Yours truly has been waiting for a settled life since 1998.

Good luck.

Last edited by at0474; 12-16-2007 at 01:33 AM.