Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default Name mispelled

I filed my wife's I-485,I-765 and I-131 to USCIS during September and just received all the receipt notices from TSC. But her name has been mispelled in all the three receipt notices. Fortunately, her AP got approved before I received the receipts and is on its way to my attorney. I believe the name would be spelled incorrectly even in that. What is the procedure to get the name corrected? What can I do about the approved AP? Will they resend me a new AP with the corrected name? Please guide me, if anyone has been through this situation.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Call/Infopass and Refile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonedesi View Post
I filed my wife's I-485,I-765 and I-131 to USCIS during September and just received all the receipt notices from TSC. But her name has been mispelled in all the three receipt notices. Fortunately, her AP got approved before I received the receipts and is on its way to my attorney. I believe the name would be spelled incorrectly even in that. What is the procedure to get the name corrected? What can I do about the approved AP? Will they resend me a new AP with the corrected name? Please guide me, if anyone has been through this situation.
Firstly, Call USCIS customer sevice or take an infopass appointment, and notify them about mispelled name. If your EAD and AP is approved before you make a correction - you will have to refile the application (with fee, if the spelling mistake is yours), also send original EAD/AP back to USCIS along with the application (remember to make copies of it, just in case).