Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
estrela21 is on a distinguished road
Default i need to know about immigration marriage, somebody can help me with my question?

well i got marriage church, but we didn't got are license yet, because my husband have some problem in court.( he is a citzen) We'll know if he will go to jail or not in march 31.
my question is:
since we don't know if he will or not. I need to know if i can start my paper with the immigration?
because if he goes to jail.. how we will do the interview if he is not here to go?
what i can do??
somebody can help me?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold orangutan is a splendid one to behold

Some questions before I answer.

1) Did you get married in a church or did you reserve a church for marriage?
2) If you are not married how do you start immigration paper work?

If you want to start paperwork, you need to get married.If you have to get married, you need to get married before March 31.If you have to get married before March 31, you need to get your marriage license before that.If you already got married why do you need license?If you are talking about marriage certificate for applying immigration, you can apply it on line.If he goes to jail on March 31st then ask him to apply for parol to come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrela21 View Post
well i got marriage church, but we didn't got are license yet, because my husband have some problem in court.( he is a citzen) We'll know if he will go to jail or not in march 31.
my question is:
since we don't know if he will or not. I need to know if i can start my paper with the immigration?
because if he goes to jail.. how we will do the interview if he is not here to go?
what i can do??
somebody can help me?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
my question is:
what i can do??
somebody can help me?
Hello estrela,

Thanks for posting your message. It seems that you are talking about immigration to USA based on marriage. This may not be the right place for advise regarding that issue.

This forum is dedicated to the plight of high-skilled employment based immigrants.

Please consult an immigration attorney to look into this matter because your question is unclear and you mention court issues and other legal issues. We do not want to give you incorrect advise regarding such crucial issue.

Best of luck

Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangutan View Post
Some questions before I answer.

1) Did you get married in a church or did you reserve a church for marriage?
2) If you are not married how do you start immigration paper work?

If you want to start paperwork, you need to get married.If you have to get married, you need to get married before March 31.If you have to get married before March 31, you need to get your marriage license before that.If you already got married why do you need license?If you are talking about marriage certificate for applying immigration, you can apply it on line.If he goes to jail on March 31st then ask him to apply for parol to come out.

well i got marriage ceremony , not civil yet...because i didn't know since he have this problem in court. and he says that they would let him out once he's in jail.. the chance of he goes to jail is 50 50... if goes he will get about 18 months. will still can do my papers?

Old 02-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
theperm is on a distinguished road
Question Why ????

Why would you marry in such haste & go through the trauma of not know whats going to happen i he goes to jail for the next 18 months?? why not wait until his jail issue is over ?? I am no one to judge you & mean no harm but have u thought this through ????

Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by theperm View Post
Why would you marry in such haste & go through the trauma of not know whats going to happen i he goes to jail for the next 18 months?? why not wait until his jail issue is over ?? I am no one to judge you & mean no harm but have u thought this through ????
yes.... i did alot and he is my first everything... i am 21 and i am old style.. i can wait for my love... time doesn't matter. well in the end everybody is just looking for the same thing love...and difficulty everybody have and different ways,
i love him.. if you cant wait for your love than you do not love him, true love knows no boundaries. what if he was going to iraq for 18 months is that any different than prison. if he has a disease are you going to leave him to avoid pain or deal with it like an adult and accept how harsh reality is.

im not mad about your question im just explaining how i think.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

he is a great person with a big heart, he made a mistake.. everybody have and do stupid decision.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2005
Compare
haifromsk@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default GUYS please stop advicing her. Let her consult an attorney

GUYS please stop advicing her. Let her consult an attorney. Please do not lead
her in any direction. She need to contact an immigration and possibly civil and criminal attorney. An immigration attorney might lead her in the right direction. Super moderator already suggested that so please listen to what he said. Estrela please don't waste your time looking for answers in this thread. Answers given by common people can be incorrect and misleading. Immigration attorney is the way to go.
Good luck and god bless you

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
As gsc999 said peoples here mostly know about "Employment Based GC" not much about "Family Based GC" .... Still few questions if we can guide you to the right place...

a) What is your current Immigration Status ?
b) Do you have SSN ?
c) Forget about he goes to Jail/not is it impossible to get your "Marriage Certified" or at least put the Application before March 31st ? You have almost 51 days ...Based on that a lawyer can guide you but if you dont have a Marriage Certficate no one can really help... You know !

d) Lets the Justice system decide he goes to Jail or not but if unfortunately he is convicted and goes to Jail for 18 months do you want to live/continue your marriage with him after he comes out ?

e) Based on Marriage with US Citizen they give you "conditional GC" - and they would verify after 2-3 years if your marriage is a "Bonafide Marriage" etc... and then only give you a "unconditional GC"

That's why you will see those fake "immigration marriage" start giving problem after 2-3 years and end up in mutual Divorce. Be cautious about converting you GC to a regular "unconditional GC" .

Good Luck !

Last edited by haifromsk@yahoo.com; 02-09-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
As gsc999 said peoples here mostly know about "Employment Based GC" not much about "Family Based GC" .... Still few questions if we can guide you to the right place...

a) What is your current Immigration Status ?
b) Do you have SSN ?
c) Forget about he goes to Jail/not is it impossible to get your "Marriage Certified" or at least put the Application before March 31st ? You have almost 51 days ...Based on that a lawyer can guide you but if you dont have a Marriage Certficate no one can really help... You know !

d) Lets the Justice system decide he goes to Jail or not but if unfortunately he is convicted and goes to Jail for 18 months do you want to live/continue your marriage with him after he comes out ?

e) Based on Marriage with US Citizen they give you "conditional GC" - and they would verify after 2-3 years if your marriage is a "Bonafide Marriage" etc... and then only give you a "unconditional GC"

That's why you will see those fake "immigration marriage" start giving problem after 2-3 years and end up in mutual Divorce. Be cautious about converting you GC to a regular "unconditional GC" .

Good Luck !

thank you....so much

Old 02-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999 View Post
Hello estrela,

Thanks for posting your message. It seems that you are talking about immigration to USA based on marriage. This may not be the right place for advise regarding that issue.

This forum is dedicated to the plight of high-skilled employment based immigrants.

Please consult an immigration attorney to look into this matter because your question is unclear and you mention court issues and other legal issues. We do not want to give you incorrect advise regarding such crucial issue.

Best of luck
how i do it to take my question out here?? i am sorry..i didn't mean to cause any problem..

Old 02-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2005
Compare
haifromsk@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Default Please read this Estrela

GUYS please stop advicing her. Let her consult an attorney. Please do not lead
her in any direction. She need to contact an immigration and possibly civil and criminal attorney. An immigration attorney might lead her in the right direction. Super moderator already suggested that so please listen to what he said. Estrela please don't waste your time looking for answers in this thread. Answers given by common people can be incorrect and misleading. Immigration attorney is the way to go.
Good luck and god bless you

Old 02-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

thank you,,,,i will..

have a good night

Old 02-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well i got marriage ceremony , not civil yet...because i didn't know since he have this problem in court. and he says that they would let him out once he's in jail.. the chance of he goes to jail is 50 50... if goes he will get about 18 months. will still can do my papers?
I am not an expert here but, can you not get a certificate from the church that you are married while you are waiting for the official certifcate? see below:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...ificate+church

You can also search the above site for answers. But, in the end, please consult a good attorney who is familiar with both immigration and criminal law.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.