Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of pani_6 has much to be proud of
Default Nothin Changes on 09

Ok move over Prez elections..what happens in 09 after the Prez election..the current senate is the same..which refuses to pass any immi bill..just because the Prez elections will get over this year..why are we expecting that next year any bill will pass??..

So Lobby , more lobbying and extreme lobbying..is the way to go..!!I dont see any other way out
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani_6 View Post
Ok move over Prez elections..what happens in 09 after the Prez election..the current senate is the same..which refuses to pass any immi bill..just because the Prez elections will get over this year..why are we expecting that next year any bill will pass??..

So Lobby , more lobbying and extreme lobbying..is the way to go..!!I dont see any other way out
Why we are expecting that something next year? One Word. Politics. The current congress will not do anything now, because, they dont want to alienate 1 particular group during an election year. Now, I am not saying that they will do anything in '09. But, with more lobbying, we might see some success.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

There are 35 Senate seats up for election in November along with the post of President. That is 35% of 100 seat Senate. It will be a different Senate as Dems are projected to win many of these seats and Repubs are projected to lose them. As things stand, now GOP [Republicans] are strategizing how to prevent Democrats from getting filibuster-proof 60 seat majority in the Senate. Even if they (dems) don't get 60 seats [ lets say they are 2-3 seats short] they can easily provide incentives for 2-3 Republican Senators to cross-over and vote with them [ much easier than getting 9-10 like now!]. That way, it will be a different Senate.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp200...ate_races.html

And the whole of House of Representatives [ which has 2 years term] is up for election too [ last election was in 2006]. It's true that all media attention is focussed on Presidential election. But there are also going to be major changes in the House as well as the Senate.

I agree with you on one point. Definitely Lobbying will be needed to be done after the elections. Its the only way to attach IVs provisions to some other bill and getting it passed. There's no other way to get them passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pani_6 View Post

Last edited by walking_dude; 03-20-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks walking_dude in explaining it so well. So, there will be major changes other than the Prez elections this year and next. Lets remain hopeful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
There are 35 Senate seats up for election in November along with the post of President. That is 35% of 100 seat Senate. It will be a different Senate as Dems are projected to win many of these seats and Repubs are projected to lose them. As things stand, now GOP [Republicans] are strategizing how to prevent Democrats from getting filibuster-proof 60 seat majority in the Senate. Even if they (dems) don't get 60 seats [ lets say they are 2-3 seats short] they can easily provide incentives for 2-3 Republican Senators to cross-over and vote with them [ much easier than getting 9-10 like now!]. That way, it will be a different Senate.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp200...ate_races.html

And the whole of House of Representatives [ which has 2 years term] is up for election too [ last election was in 2006]. It's true that all media attention is focussed on Presidential election. But there are also going to be major changes in the House as well as the Senate.

I agree with you on one point. Definitely Lobbying will be needed to be done after the elections. Its the only way to attach IVs provisions to some other bill and getting it passed. There's no other way to get them passed.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default We could Change something in 2008

The best time for seeing any good result for lobbying in the next 8 years would be the end of 2008. Precisely, from Nov-02-2008 till the day, the new president swears in.

If you go through the records of the past presidencies, you can see one interesting thing: Whenever the presidency changes from one person to another, that period is the best to make any sweeping changes that can be done administratively. Bill clinton passed many executive orders during the last 1.5 months of his presidency. The reason for this is: the ruling party will not oppose this as the election is over. The new president will also not oppose this as the election is over and the bad blood of any of this action will not fall on him as well. On top of that, the new president need not address any contentious issues as an initiative from his side. If the old president started something, he could always portray that, he is making the situation better.

The best example for this kind of presidential action: There is a proposal from many parts of the political spectrum to lift the cuban embargo. No one is ready to do that as everyone is scared how it will affect them. If the passing president does this during the last 1.5 months, the blame will only fall on the president and it will not fall on the party or the opposition or on the new president. At the same time, the passing president will be portrayed in the history as someone who did some sweeping change.

Once the new president swears in, he won't be in a position to do sweeping changes as there is always a concern for second term, approval rating etc etc.

Well, the best time for lobbying in the next 8 years would be the end of this year, after Nov 2.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Partially true

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
The best time for seeing any good result for lobbying in the next 8 years would be the end of 2008. Precisely, from Nov-02-2008 till the day, the new president swears in.

If you go through the records of the past presidencies, you can see one interesting thing: Whenever the presidency changes from one person to another, that period is the best to make any sweeping changes that can be done administratively. Bill clinton passed many executive orders during the last 1.5 months of his presidency. The reason for this is: the ruling party will not oppose this as the election is over. The new president will also not oppose this as the election is over and the bad blood of any of this action will not fall on him as well. On top of that, the new president need not address any contentious issues as an initiative from his side. If the old president started something, he could always portray that, he is making the situation better.

The best example for this kind of presidential action: There is a proposal from many parts of the political spectrum to lift the cuban embargo. No one is ready to do that as everyone is scared how it will affect them. If the passing president does this during the last 1.5 months, the blame will only fall on the president and it will not fall on the party or the opposition or on the new president. At the same time, the passing president will be portrayed in the history as someone who did some sweeping change.

Once the new president swears in, he won't be in a position to do sweeping changes as there is always a concern for second term, approval rating etc etc.

Well, the best time for lobbying in the next 8 years would be the end of this year, after Nov 2.
It is true what you are saying, but only partially. The outgoing President cannot change the laws. He can only do what could be an administrative fix. So, lobbying for these administrative fixes is the campaign that we already started. Hopefully, The President can do that.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute

jnraajan: Yes, you are right! That's what I was saying too.

"...If you go through the records of the past presidencies, you can see one interesting thing: Whenever the presidency changes from one person to another, that period is the best to make any sweeping changes that can be done administratively. Bill clinton ....."