Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
bayoubengal is on a distinguished road
Default Right time to apply for GC()

Hi I have currently completed 2Yrs of H1 with my employer and I was wondering if this is the right time to apply for my GC(I know its a bad question)...I work in a small place in US where the opportunity is less and my employer has agreed to sponser my GC. Now that I have been reading some of the posts, I got scared with the wait time and was wondering if this is the right time to move to a place of opportunity, and apply for GC by the end of 3 yrs and start the waiting game.

-Any inputs will be appreciated...

-A Confused desi
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal
Hi I have currently completed 2Yrs of H1 with my employer and I was wondering if this is the right time to apply for my GC(I know its a bad question)...I work in a small place in US where the opportunity is less and my employer has agreed to sponser my GC. Now that I have been reading some of the posts, I got scared with the wait time and was wondering if this is the right time to move to a place of opportunity, and apply for GC by the end of 3 yrs and start the waiting game.

-A Confused desi
you can apply GC now if you wish to but you have be sure that your company will be in business until you get EAD. or you can move to new company which you feel will be in business until you get your EAD atleast..

But wait times can also change..you never know how USCIS will act...

Old 10-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

-A Confused desi
I suggest apply now.
there are benefits even if you choose to leave this company. you can transport your priority date and reduce wait time later.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of Alabaman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
I suggest apply now.
there are benefits even if you choose to leave this company. you can transport your priority date and reduce wait time later.

plus... what do you have to lose if you apply now?

Old 10-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_in_30_yrs is on a distinguished road
Post apply now if possible

Quote:

-A Confused desi
apply now if it is possible and the expenses are borne by the employer. you are not losing anything by just applying. ofcourse, you need to gather all the documents and do some work from your side. you will gain everything by applying sooner than later.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

if you are interested in GC and you like working where you are apply asap. I made the mistake of taking 6 months to think about it and another few to have the nerve to discuss this with my HR, now i am stuck with a PD of mid 2002. Apply now, you always have the choice to continue or not, the more you delay the more you will fall back in the line. good luck