Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   All other Green Card Issues (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/)
-   -   Skip EB3 if spouse has master degree (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/19344-skip-eb3-if-spouse-has-master-degree.html)

keanwalekr 05-28-2008 05:35 PM

Skip EB3 if spouse has master degree
 
Hi All,

I heard that applicant can file EB2 directly(skip EB3) if your spouse has master degree, is that true?

Thanks for your answer/reply.

eager_immi 05-28-2008 05:41 PM

You cannot skip to EB2 even if you have masters degree. The job must have a requirement for an individual that has a masters degree your having one does not make you eligible.

vallabhu 05-28-2008 06:47 PM

I don't think pre knowledge is requirement to come to this forum, please do not expect a person just lading into US on H1 has knowledge of GC process, I will accept asking questions here is part doing "doing research".

ashkam 05-29-2008 09:13 AM

I think it's time for our community to show a little humility, stop being so vain and try not to use the term "highly skilled" at every available opportunity. It just makes us look like jackasses. Even rocket scientists don't go around saying they are rocket scientists all the time.

rockstart 05-29-2008 11:32 AM

The answer is NO
 
Here are somethings you need to understand. Who is applying for green card as primary you or your wife. The reason is the dependent person's qualification does not matter in GC. So even if your wife a PhD in Science with lots of patents to her name and she is filed as dependent on your GC which is EB3 (based on job requirement & your qualification) she is counted as EB3. But if your wife gets a job where her employer files her as EB1 you will automatically be added to EB1 ( as dependent on her application). I guess your confusion is based on GC criteria used by Canada & Australia where they award points based on qualifications of both spouses. In USA it is not the case. I hope that answers your question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keanwalekr (Post 251485)
Hi All,

I heard that applicant can file EB2 directly(skip EB3) if your spouse has master degree, is that true?

Thanks for your answer/reply.


IVBuzz 05-29-2008 12:56 PM

OP said Spouse! not wife! not all 485 applicants are male!

kumar1 05-29-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkam (Post 251563)
I think it's time for our community to show a little humility, stop being so vain and try not to use the term "highly skilled" at every available opportunity. It just makes us look like jackasses. Even rocket scientists don't go around saying they are rocket scientists all the time.

Thank you. I totally agree with you!

rockstart 05-29-2008 01:29 PM

If you dont know the gender you assume it to be male.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IVBuzz (Post 251611)
OP said Spouse! not wife! not all 485 applicants are male!


jonty_11 05-29-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keanwalekr (Post 251485)
Hi All,

I heard that applicant can file EB2 directly(skip EB3) if your spouse has master degree, is that true?

Thanks for your answer/reply.

you can do whatever you like..only to get rejected. C'mon...

The fact that you can use your spouses country of birth at 485 stage is gud enough...

bfadlia 05-29-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkam (Post 251563)
I think it's time for our community to show a little humility, stop being so vain and try not to use the term "highly skilled" at every available opportunity. It just makes us look like jackasses. Even rocket scientists don't go around saying they are rocket scientists all the time.

I read this thread a couple of times and don't see who mentioned "highly skilled" or anything of that sort.. were there other posts that got deleted?

sunny1000 05-29-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfadlia (Post 251665)
I read this thread a couple of times and don't see who mentioned "highly skilled" or anything of that sort.. were there other posts that got deleted?

Yup. They got deleted.

keanwalekr 05-29-2008 03:36 PM

Thanks for all your reply and bringing up the "highly skilled" issue. Thanks vallabhu and askham.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org