Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgreensoon1 View Post
Looks like you are also a candidate with three year bachelors degree and a namesake masters from US univ that you bought and which put you in EB2.
Legit EB2 = GRE (good Score) + Toefl (good score) + Fulltime MS/MBA + Job in forture 500
I am not sure what a job in "forture 500" means but there are tonns of people, with no US degree, working for "fortune" 100 companies like MS, GE etc .

Further to that, many reputed US university, including many of the state schools, offer Part time Masters course which per you is not legit.

As I said earlier, I challenge you -- say in black and white whether a part time or online MBA from a school like University of Massachusetts or University of Nebraska is legit or not.

Let's see if you have the guts

Quote:
Not legit EB2
1. 3 year degree from India + initial application in EB3 that is later converted into eb2 by buying a masters from some shady roadside univ in the US.
So you mean that US Accredition agencies grant accreditation to "shady roadside University" . Why don't you complain to the authorities ? Or are you scared that your lies will take you to court ?

Quote:
2. bachelors + 5 years experience from some software company in hyderabad, as most people from there have at least 10 years software exerience even if they graduated 4 years ago.
Why don't you point to specific cases .

Quote:
I am sure you fall in one of the two later categories.
I do not fall in either of thse categories but I know for sure that you have failed to get ANY education after wasting truckload of your parent's money in a Tier 3 university.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts

wow he has contributed , he deserves a better answer.
we are here to share our experiences and overcome our anguish not to poke fun at each other.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pradeeprp can only hope to improve
Default university

I am also in the same boat, have 3 yrs degree plus 1 year diploma from India and have 9 yrs exp. of which 7 yrs in US. Even spoke to Murthy guys regarding EB2 category. They said I cannot apply in EB2 as my bachelors is not equal to US bachelors. but i should be eligible if i can do Masters in US.

I am planning to do online either from Univ. of phoenix or Colorado Tech. university or from American Intercontinental University. All these universities have accreditation from North Central association of colleges and schools, the higher learning commission (Search Institutional Accreditation System). and they all are also listed on SEVP approved list.

The duration for Colorado tech and american intercontinental university is only one year but the tuition fee is expensive.

but not sure if one year degree from these colleges will be recognized by USCIS for EB2

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeeprp View Post
I am also in the same boat, have 3 yrs degree plus 1 year diploma from India and have 9 yrs exp. of which 7 yrs in US. Even spoke to Murthy guys regarding EB2 category. They said I cannot apply in EB2 as my bachelors is not equal to US bachelors. but i should be eligible if i can do Masters in US.

I am planning to do online either from Univ. of phoenix or Colorado Tech. university or from American Intercontinental University. All these universities have accreditation from North Central association of colleges and schools, the higher learning commission (Search Institutional Accreditation System). and they all are also listed on SEVP approved list.

The duration for Colorado tech and american intercontinental university is only one year but the tuition fee is expensive.

but not sure if one year degree from these colleges will be recognized by USCIS for EB2
Was it a post graduate diploma? Did Murthy tell you that your 3 year degree is not equivalent, or the COMBINATION (of degree and diploma) is not equivalent

Could anyone please let me know if he/has has been able to successfully combine 3 yr degree and 1 year PG diploma to show 4 years? I believe this is possible, but looking for some examples..

Old 07-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

I am also in the same boat. I have 3 year degree B.Sc (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). I can't wait anymore. I too want to do MS online. Suggestion please. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pradeeprp can only hope to improve

Was it a post graduate diploma? Did Murthy tell you that your 3 year degree is not equivalent, or the COMBINATION (of degree and diploma) is not equivalent

Could anyone please let me know if he/has has been able to successfully combine 3 yr degree and 1 year PG diploma to show 4 years? I believe this is possible, but looking for some examples..

I did PG diploma after 3 years degree. To apply in EB2 your bachelors should be equivalent to US bachelors. that should be one degree bachelors not multiple degrees.

According to murthy attorneys 3 years degree with 1 years PG diploma is not equivalent to US bachelors. so there is no way i was eligible for EB2 and only thingI can do is to do to get EB2 eligibility is to do a US masters.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute

This kind of an attitude is exactly why I like the bill which is in the House right now by Zoe Lofgren, where the Higher education in US is where the degree is obtained in STEM from a NSF designated research institution. So that the so-called accredited roadside universities dont pop-up and start selling the degrees.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/16/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB-2 GC Approved with 3 Years B.Sc. Plus 1 Year PGDCA

One of my close friendís Green Card Approved with 3 Years B.Sc. Computer Science from OU and 1 Year PGDCA from Nagarjuna University. He got his educational evaluation from TRUSTFORT.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneni View Post
One of my close friendís Green Card Approved with 3 Years B.Sc. Computer Science from OU and 1 Year PGDCA from Nagarjuna University. He got his educational evaluation from TRUSTFORT.
Did everyone hear that?

Can you share more details? What type of evaluation did he/she go for? Who was the attorney?

TIA

Old 07-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/16/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute sneni has a reputation beyond repute
Default More Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Did everyone hear that?

Can you share more details? What type of evaluation did he/she go for? Who was the attorney?

TIA
We already aware of that the B.Sc. Computer Science 3 year Indian Bachelor degree was not a single foreign equivalent degree to a U.S. baccalaureate. However he strongly argue with TRUSTFORT evaluator stating 1 year bachelor of education degree from Nagarjuna University which is called PGDCA, for which a 3year bachelor's degree was a prerequisite, is the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree. Because the 1 Year Bachelor of Education (PGDCA) was awarded only after the prerequisite three years of university level education. Somehow they convinced and they send his evaluation equivalent to US Bachelor’s Degree. And he got his I-140 approval without even RFE. Also received his GC last year.

I am also in same situation. I completed my B.Sc. Computers Bachelor Degree and 1 Year Bachelor Degree in Computer Specialization. My 1 Year Computer Special for which a 3year bachelor's degree was a prerequisite. Another positive point with my case is Both 3 Years and 1 Year Bachelor Degree from same university. Which is Andhra University. I thought of applying in EB-2 Category. But unfortunately there is no job opening under EB-2 category with my company. I am just waiting.

Note: PGDCA from computer institutes like SIT, NIT, APP-TECH may not consider. Because for pursuing PGDCA with those institutes, 3year bachelor's degree was not a mandatory prerequisite.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Last edited by sneni; 07-20-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneni View Post
We already aware of that the B.Sc. Computer Science 3 year Indian Bachelor degree was not a single foreign equivalent degree to a U.S. baccalaureate. However he strongly argue with TRUSTFORT evaluator stating 1 year bachelor of education degree from Nagarjuna University which is called PGDCA, for which a 3year bachelor's degree was a prerequisite, is the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree. Because the 1 Year Bachelor of Education (PGDCA) was awarded only after the prerequisite three years of university level education. Somehow they convinced and they send his evaluation equivalent to US Bachelorís Degree. And he got his I-140 approval without even RFE. Also received his GC last year.

I am also in same situation. I completed my B.Sc. Computers Bachelor Degree and 1 Year Bachelor Degree in Computer Specialization. My 1 Year Computer Special for which a 3year bachelor's degree was a prerequisite. Another positive point with my case is Both 3 Years and 1 Year Bachelor Degree from same university. Which is Andhra University. I thought of applying in EB-2 Category. But unfortunately there is no job opening under EB-2 category with my company. I am just waiting.

Note: PGDCA from computer institutes like SIT, NIT, APP-TECH may not consider. Because for pursuing PGDCA with those institutes, 3year bachelor's degree was not a mandatory prerequisite.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
Thanks, Sneni..

Since the PGDCA was useful, the same would hold good for any PG course for which Bachelor's was a pre-requisite?
Is it possible to obtain the arguments (with personal information removed) which your friend made to TrustFort?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Some more fodder...

MurthyDotCom : Murthy Takes Action - USCIS Response Regarding AACRAO EDGE Database

Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of
Default Try WES

Hi there,

Have you gotten your answer yet after consolidation of all the replies??

World Education Services - International Education Intelligence would do course buy course evaluation, and they need heavy documentation like marks sheets for your education year by year.. I got Bsc electronics from Osmania and they gave me US equivalent .. and to the fact I recently changed my job where they strictly required US bachelors and they accepted me after providing the evaluation from WES

has anyone confirmed Aspen university accepted bu USCIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_rip View Post
Hi,

I have 3 yrs degree + 1 yr PG diploma. I have been working in industry for past 17 years, and don't think any degree or even doctorate would add much to my qualification for the job that I am doing.

I am currently filed in EB3 category, and new company I am changing job to are ready to refile my GC. But they won't file my GC in EB2 category, as I don't meet the 4 yr BS requirement.

My son will be in the highschool in 4 years, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on getting MS to myself. But for the GC I am looking for fastest and cheapest way to get MS program. I have no idea how it works, what qualifies me for a degree, what can I get credits for. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/29/2015
Compare
lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future lahayil has a brilliant future

All,
I am also in the same boat.I have a 3 years Bachelors and a 1 year Pg diploma. I have 19 years of experience.Checked with murthy and they said I am not eligible for eb2.So started my MS online in Georgia southern. Here is the link for MS program.
Georgia Southern University

Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of
Default Gre

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahayil View Post
All,
I am also in the same boat.I have a 3 years Bachelors and a 1 year Pg diploma. I have 19 years of experience.Checked with murthy and they said I am not eligible for eb2.So started my MS online in Georgia southern. Here is the link for MS program.
Georgia Southern University
Thanks, I am halfway through in ASPEN for MBA.

Although many places its said , Aspen should be accepted by USCIS as its approved by DETC and also listed in CHEA... I am just checking time by time if its still valid or any one has success or failure stories on this aspect of EB2 porting

Like some one said Iowa University seems to be the best considering both USCIS and career purpose as well ..