Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotivella View Post
Thanks, I am halfway through in ASPEN for MBA.

Although many places its said , Aspen should be accepted by USCIS as its approved by DETC and also listed in CHEA... I am just checking time by time if its still valid or any one has success or failure stories on this aspect of EB2 porting

Like some one said Iowa University seems to be the best considering both USCIS and career purpose as well ..
I will stay away from ASPEN. I would rather suggest WGU (I believe $8,000 fees) and it's both Regionally and Nationally accredited University. However, ASPEN is not Regionally accredited.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice Green06 is just really nice

In the same boat. Doing my MS-MIS from Bellevue University which offers purely online or class room type. It is regionally accredited and I checked with my Immigration lawyer and he got his blessing before enrolling. They are also listed in SEVIS Database of the schools who can take foreign students. As far I know regional accredation is superior than National only accredation.

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wgu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikna View Post
I will stay away from ASPEN. I would rather suggest WGU (I believe $8,000 fees) and it's both Regionally and Nationally accredited University. However, ASPEN is not Regionally accredited.
Juz to confirm

WGU is Western Governers University ? and is recognized by USCIS ?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of

Why don't you guys, in the spirit of REALLY enhancing your knowledge, get a Master's from a reputed school. I have all the confidence that you are successful in your jobs right now, but a good education from a US school will open up even more opportunities with large companies. More than technical things, it will teach interpersonal, attitude and communication skills, which are equally important to be successful.

I did MS from a large well reputed school, and have only good things to say about that path.

Follow the spirit of the EB2 requirement, not just the letter for a change!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemehazo View Post
Why don't you guys, in the spirit of REALLY enhancing your knowledge, get a Master's from a reputed school. I have all the confidence that you are successful in your jobs right now, but a good education from a US school will open up even more opportunities with large companies. More than technical things, it will teach interpersonal, attitude and communication skills, which are equally important to be successful.

I did MS from a large well reputed school, and have only good things to say about that path.

Couldn't have said it better. Perhaps we should start lobbying to have the USCIS only approve Master's degrees from top tier schools.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi_II View Post
Couldn't have said it better. Perhaps we should start lobbying to have the USCIS only approve Master's degrees from top tier schools.
Now, cool it there... don't get overzealous in chopping at your own feet

Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I appreciate the spirit of what you say, and actually do apply this to myself to some extent. But, I would decide against lecturing anyone on this, because academic knowledge is not everything, and a person could have learned a lot more in the areas that are important to succeed in the profession than what most schools teach..

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of nemehazo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
I appreciate the spirit of what you say, and actually do apply this to myself to some extent. But, I would decide against lecturing anyone on this, because academic knowledge is not everything, and a person could have learned a lot more in the areas that are important to succeed in the profession than what most schools teach..
gk - I agree with you, and mentioned that one could be successful without master's from a good school in my first reply above.

The tone of this thread (cheapest and fastest way to do MS) is what ticked me into making this comment. A short cut is not always the best one.

The nature of this site is to advise, and most of the posters are giving their opinion. So did I. Merely the fact that you read and replied means that others think like me, they just don't mention it in fear of being called a "lecturer" :-)

Old 04-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/23/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/24/2012
Compare
dexter has a spectacular aura about dexter has a spectacular aura about dexter has a spectacular aura about
Default Visa Type F1?

I am on H1 and If I do a masters degree from online university, would I need to change my Status to 1?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
The nature of this site is to advise, and most of the posters are giving their opinion. So did I. Merely the fact that you read and replied means that others think like me, they just don't mention it in fear of being called a "lecturer" :-)
I take it that by "means that others think like me" you really mean "means that [there are] others think like me"

And that probably means we are sensible guys who know what is good for them... to each, his own!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2014
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
vvrmurthy has a spectacular aura about vvrmurthy has a spectacular aura about
Default MS may not be the final solution

As discussed in another thread, MS may not after all guarantee one a EB2 PERM labor approval. The job requirements also should justify the need for a Masters.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute TO BE OR NO TO BE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter View Post
I am on H1 and If I do a masters degree from online university, would I need to change my Status to 1?
no you can study while on H-1B or H-4

Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of kotivella has much to be proud of
Default nothing is too late

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpratap View Post
Juz to confirm

WGU is Western Governers University ? and is recognized by USCIS ?
Guys,

I am half way through Aspen on MBA, and in a fix now as neither WGU or IOWA transfers credits from Aspen while IOWA said they do only from regionally accredited colleges where as WGU don't do inbound transfers at all for MBA

I am in a fix.. should i continue what i am doing in ASPEN , start a new one or keep searching for the collage which takes transfers from ASPEN..

my final goal is to get ported over to EB2..

Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute iamgsprabhu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrmurthy View Post
As discussed in another thread, MS may not after all guarantee one a EB2 PERM labor approval. The job requirements also should justify the need for a Masters.
What if the job requirement does not require MS, is there a way to port GC process from EB3 to Eb2 ?

Please advice...

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness! DONATE

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Old 04-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgsprabhu View Post
What if the job requirement does not require MS, is there a way to port GC process from EB3 to Eb2 ?

Please advice...
Just find a job that requires MS. I am sure there are plenty of high-paying jobs out there right now..