Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all
Default Probable cut of date to EB2I

Hi Teddy

With the given demand data as on Sep 11 published, do you still stick to the May 15 - Jun 15 2007 date range for EB2 India? Just checking if there is any change of your view, btw my PD is 6/13/2007.

Thanks
Chandu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...utOffDates.pdf

The I+C demand is just in the excess of 8K. If we assume that a cap number was attached to every case that does not figure here then let’s do a rough calculation of SOFAD consumed. When this year started we saw 34K as the total on the demand data, so 34-8 = 26K is the absolute reduction in the demand data. If we assume 4-6K of porting then definitely 30K or more SOFAD has been consumed. So another 2-3K may probably be left for Sep. Good luck for the VB.

Category: EB2
Priority Date: 6/13/2007
Service Center: Texas
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpal View Post
so if EB2I prior to Jan-1-2007 is only 10, and I am still waiting with Dec-14-2006 PD, am I among the 10 ? That feels special
I doubt if this is correct. There could be more than 10 people.

Can we do a small test on this forum to see if we have more than 10 people in IV membership with EB2 India PD before 2007 January.

If there are more than 10, we can collect their PD info and contact DOS, tell them their published data is incorrect.

If anyone wants to take lead and get people to post their details on 1 thread it will help. If someone has ported, it must be clearly mentioned so that we can remove them from the list/keep them separate to avoid DOS justifying their data on these grounds. The profiles must be complete for all these so that we can look at their details to analyze. You can also post on other websites to collect such people on one thread for IV to look into the pending cases.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodindia View Post
Probably it is not a best analysis, but assuming that 3k is still remaining that will reduce the demand data for EB2-I to 1800 for the start of next fiscal year. Correct? With 233 visas per month that will just leave the first 8 months to move at a snail pace to cover up the numbers until Jan 2008. Unless there is a spill over which probably is in July 2012, can we safely assume that the date won't move beyond Jan '2008 until July '2012?
Based on our discussions, this could change.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bits219 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Change in which direction? :-)

Pappu,

Can you tell us if the change is for good? i.e. the dates could move to Jan 2008 before July 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Based on our discussions, this could change.

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spillover to eb3

There is definitely going to be spill over to EB3 in next couple of years atlast around 4 to 5K. That will help EB3 to move to Jan 2004 by Jan 2014.

17500 VISAS UNTIL JAN 2004

5K SPILL OVER
9K VISA USAGE
3K EB3 TO EB2 UPGRADE
0.5K withdrawals(already approved thru EB2)

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Friends the Range for EB2 India is 15-MAY-2007 to 15-JUN-2007. The agencies might choose the build the next pipeline but that is entirely hypothetical it looks less likely. For EB3-I the range is 01-JUn-2002 (Current date) to 15-JUN-2002. So no change because of demand data its on expected lines.
Now with regards the speculation about EB3. There is couple of misunderstandings. The spillover would go to the 7% limited countries ROW in case of a fall down it does not go to the oldest PD unless all 7% limited countries are current. This is precisely why EB2 I/C get the spillover, if EB2 ROW were not current they would have got all the EB1 and EB5 spillover. Besides that the chance of anything happening this year are remote, USCIS - DOS might build a pipeline sometime though, when it is entirely speculative.

3 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Friends the Range for EB2 India is 15-MAY-2007 to 15-JUN-2007. The agencies might choose the build the next pipeline but that is entirely hypothetical it looks less likely. For EB3-I the range is 01-JUn-2002 (Current date) to 15-JUN-2002. So no change because of demand data its on expected lines.
Now with regards the speculation about EB3. There is couple of misunderstandings. The spillover would go to the 7% limited countries ROW in case of a fall down it does not go to the oldest PD unless all 7% limited countries are current. This is precisely why EB2 I/C get the spillover, if EB2 ROW were not current they would have got all the EB1 and EB5 spillover. Besides that the chance of anything happening this year are remote, USCIS - DOS might build a pipeline sometime though, when it is entirely speculative.
There are both plus and minus points in advancing of dates. We all know the plus points. But if we think deeper and more from USCIS point of view they do not have much to gain by advancing dates significantly. Dates could be moved at an incremental pace and pulled back a little bit seeing the demand and utilization (and they are fully aware of not wasting visa numbers). This has worked for DOS for many years and there is no reason why they should change their policy now is the question. That said, IV has made a strong case for advancing of dates because overall it is in the interest of our community. More people will get EAD, AP benefits earlier and that is a big benefit for someone not being able to travel or change their job.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute vbkris77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default doesn't help much

DoS will hide behind documentarily qualified knownn demand. No one knows if their case filtered through that mesh or not..

Quote:
I doubt if this is correct. There could be more than 10 people.

Can we do a small test on this forum to see if we have more than 10 people in IV membership with EB2 India PD before 2007 January.

If there are more than 10, we can collect their PD info and contact DOS, tell them their published data is incorrect.

If anyone wants to take lead and get people to post their details on 1 thread it will help. If someone has ported, it must be clearly mentioned so that we can remove them from the list/keep them separate to avoid DOS justifying their data on these grounds. The profiles must be complete for all these so that we can look at their details to analyze. You can also post on other websites to collect such people on one thread for IV to look into the pending cases.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute

Support IV's cause fully. We need EAD/AP benefits.

Quote:
There are both plus and minus points in advancing of dates. We all know the plus points. But if we think deeper and more from USCIS point of view they do not have much to gain by advancing dates significantly. Dates could be moved at an incremental pace and pulled back a little bit seeing the demand and utilization (and they are fully aware of not wasting visa numbers). This has worked for DOS for many years and there is no reason why they should change their policy now is the question. That said, IV has made a strong case for advancing of dates because overall it is in the interest of our community. More people will get EAD, AP benefits earlier and that is a big benefit for someone not being able to travel or change their job.
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default DOS will not waste visas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGGCQUE View Post
Support IV's cause fully. We need EAD/AP benefits.
DOS will not advance date because we want. DOS will only work the way congress has written law. I don't expect date will be current for EB2 India in few months but at the same time they will move at certain point where they feel they need to accommodate next year SOFAD.

Also don't forget that we are beneficiary but they are 2 difference agencies DOS + USCIS. I personally don't think USCIS will waste visas next year and also believe that if DOS wait till May 2012 for building pipeline then chances for more advancement is less.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any benefit for EB3 people if EB2 becomes current?

Old 08-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikna View Post
Is there any benefit for EB3 people if EB2 becomes current?
In near term, chances of EB2 becoming current are zero.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 08-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
In near term, chances of EB2 becoming current are zero.
Do not have so high hopes of EB2 current

The upcoming visa bulletin may move only a week-10 days conservatively. Unless there are changes in the EB1 demand in the last couple of weeks I do not expect big movement.

Join IV advocacy effort and participate actively. It will help getting fixes done. We are working on some new action item and will announce soon.

===================
-----------

Old 08-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do not have so high hopes.

The upcoming visa bulletin may move only a week-10 days conservatively. Unless there are changes in the EB1 demand in the last couple of weeks I do not expect big movement.

Join IV advocacy effort and participate actively. It will help getting fixes done. We are working on some new action item and will announce soon.
may be you didn't read my response properly. I don't have any hope of EB2 becoming current.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Last edited by belmontboy; 08-08-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

Well then, I will start Masters this year. I waited for almost 13 years. There is no hope. I hoped for a CHANGE and now change is fading..... Who knows what Republican President can do for us? Obama winning next term is doubtful.

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.