Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of
Default FINALLY GREENED - Just Received the Magic email

All,

Special Thanks to "VDLRao" "Vin13", "Qeshmeq" , "Teddy"

I just received the Magic Email saying

" On August 25, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you."

Here is the story so far:

Labor Dec 06 ( EB2)
I-140 Approved Jan 07
485 filed on JUly 07
Case Transferred from TSC -->NSC on May 2008
Address change on June 2008
1st RFE on Sept 2008 --> Birth Certificate and Employment Verification
Changed the employer on may 2010 1st change --> NO AC21 Filed
Changed the employer again om March 2011 2nd change --> No AC21 filed
2nd RFE on July 22 2011--> Employment Verification
RFE updated on Agugust 21 2011 --> With Employment letter and AC21 detaild
Greened on August 25 2011

Thank you all for supporting on this huge journey. suddenly feeling a burdon has come down. last 2-3 months was really a hectic with tons of work load and the 2nd RFE.

I request everybody who is waiting to be patient

Thank you
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroy05 View Post
Hi, I'm also on the same boat. When did you have your FP done?
My brother is in the same boat. He got his medical and FP & interview done. Nothing after 4 months of date getting current, took 2-3 infopass meeting. Last time he went, he said he should expect an interview, he informed that interview was already done, so they said, then you will not get interview. and in next 2 days he got letter saying appear for interview.

donno what these guys are doing sitting there ?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rockbrain can only hope to improve
Default Spouse GC

Hi all -
First of all, thanks to all of you for taking the time and effort to help other people like me out there for all these years. I have a question that I hope some of you can answer.
My priority date is Jan'07. I got married in Aug 2007 after I filed for I-485. As you guys know, the dates retrogressed after that . We could not file my wife's I-485 at that time. So, even though I got my EAD, we stayed on H1/H4 so that my wife would not be out of status. In Jul-11,my priority date became current. I got my green card in Aug. We filed my wife's I-485, AP and EAD immediately on July 1st. We got her application's receipt and she was fingerprinted two weeks ago. How long would you think it will take for her to receive her green card, AP and EAD? If I shift jobs now, will there be any problems? Can she go to India at this point and return without any issues? Thank you!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/18/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnet View Post
I'm looking for the link that shows EB3I-employment visa demand by month wise, all i can find is the yearly total in travel.state.gov. can someone share it, wanted to know how many pending applications in each month in 2002.

Also Teddy, any idea when EB3I-Aug 2002 (month end) will be current? thnx

thanks.
It's in the USCIS wesbite's I-485 Demand Data...the latest is from May 2011...

USCIS - Previous Pending Employment-Based I-485 Inventory

Total contributions $400 + $25 monthly for 12 mo.
Participated in 2011 Advocacy Day Events

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbrain View Post
Hi all -
First of all, thanks to all of you for taking the time and effort to help others at that time. So, even though I got my EAD, we stayed on H1/H4 so that my wife would not be out of status. In Jul-11,my priority date became current. I got my green card in Aug. We filed my wife's I-485, AP and EAD immediately on July 1st. We got her application's receipt and she was fingerprinted two weeks ago. How long would you think it will take for her to receive her green card, AP and EAD? If I shift jobs now, will there be any problems? Can she go to India at this point and return without any issues? Thank you!
Once you get your green card its ideal to stick to the company that sponsored your green card for at least 6 months. However if you had used AC 21 prior to your green card approval you are free to change companies. As for your spouse, she should have an Advance Parole document prior to leaving the country, not having an advance parole would mean that her application could be considered abandoned. If you have applied for EAD/AP and its more than 75 days then you can either take an Infopass Appt and visit your local office for expediting the request or raise a Service request to expedite your request. Either ways you need the AP document to be able to travel outside and come back to the US.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute hibworker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindhal View Post
Once you get your green card its ideal to stick to the company that sponsored your green card for at least 6 months. However if you had used AC 21 prior to your green card approval you are free to change companies. As for your spouse, she should have an Advance Parole document prior to leaving the country, not having an advance parole would mean that her application could be considered abandoned. If you have applied for EAD/AP and its more than 75 days then you can either take an Infopass Appt and visit your local office for expediting the request or raise a Service request to expedite your request. Either ways you need the AP document to be able to travel outside and come back to the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbrain View Post
Hi all -
First of all, thanks to all of you for taking the time and effort to help other people like me out there for all these years. I have a question that I hope some of you can answer.
My priority date is Jan'07. I got married in Aug 2007 after I filed for I-485. As you guys know, the dates retrogressed after that . We could not file my wife's I-485 at that time. So, even though I got my EAD, we stayed on H1/H4 so that my wife would not be out of status. In Jul-11,my priority date became current. I got my green card in Aug. We filed my wife's I-485, AP and EAD immediately on July 1st. We got her application's receipt and she was fingerprinted two weeks ago. How long would you think it will take for her to receive her green card, AP and EAD? If I shift jobs now, will there be any problems? Can she go to India at this point and return without any issues? Thank you!
I was in same situation. My wife got her Biometrics done last week and we got CPO email today - 4 business days is all it took. Her app was at NSC. Like Jindhal said, convention is to stay with GC sponsoring employer for at least 6 months - unless you have already changed jobs using AC 21. Also your wife can not go outside the country without AP or GC.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2003
Compare
arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute arnet has a reputation beyond repute
Smile thanks

Thanks vidyas_m, this is the link i'm looking for. Great, thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyas_m View Post
It's in the USCIS wesbite's I-485 Demand Data...the latest is from May 2011...

USCIS - Previous Pending Employment-Based I-485 Inventory

Old 08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rockbrain can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibworker View Post
I was in same situation. My wife got her Biometrics done last week and we got CPO email today - 4 business days is all it took. Her app was at NSC. Like Jindhal said, convention is to stay with GC sponsoring employer for at least 6 months - unless you have already changed jobs using AC 21. Also your wife can not go outside the country without AP or GC.
That's great; congratulations to you both. My wife's application is with NSC too. We have not received any communication or updates so far. Is this a cause to worry? Is anyone else in the same boat? How long does this typically take? Thanks!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts thankgod is infamous around these parts
Default Help Needed

All - I am in a dilemma situation now. Please suggest me.

My PD is Nov 2009. and 140 got approved. I am working for a client through a consulting company.And I have H1B validity till 2013.

2 days back I got a Full Time job offer from a leading US bank. They want to sponsor H1B.Everything is OK, But they want to start my GC after a year.

My Concern is how many years it takes to get a GC for me through my current PD.

Guys, Please suggest me what should I do in this situation. Do I need to move to Full Time or wait here for some more years.

I will appreciate your suggestions.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
redsox2009 is on a distinguished road
Default found these links on oh law firm site

USCIS Employment Benefits Request Statistics for FY 2011

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources...-2011-june.pdf

USCIS I-140 Approval Statistics by EB Class and Country of Origin (Calendar Year 2008-2011)

Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default It will be at least 3 more year before you will get GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankgod View Post
All - I am in a dilemma situation now. Please suggest me.

My PD is Nov 2009. and 140 got approved. I am working for a client through a consulting company.And I have H1B validity till 2013.

2 days back I got a Full Time job offer from a leading US bank. They want to sponsor H1B.Everything is OK, But they want to start my GC after a year.

My Concern is how many years it takes to get a GC for me through my current PD.

Guys, Please suggest me what should I do in this situation. Do I need to move to Full Time or wait here for some more years.

I will appreciate your suggestions.
Unless miracle happens , it will take 3 years to reach to your PD. If I were you , I would accept offer. I did same mistake in 2008 and now regretting.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

I have an approved I-140 PD December 2005 in EB3-I.

I have 3 year degree and 13 years US work experience. I am not eligible for EB2.

What are my options? Wait for EB3 to become current or Study MS?

Thanks.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
redsox2009 is on a distinguished road
Default found these links on oh law firm site

USCIS Employment Benefits Request Statistics for FY 2011

USCIS I-140 Approval Statistics by EB Class and Country of Origin (Calendar Year 2008-2011)

Old 09-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/16/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute Janakiram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cautiously Optimistic

Congrats Thankgod for your new opportunity. If I were you, I would explore the option of starting Greencard processing with dual investment (you and your employer). I don't think you are allowed to pay for the Labor but Attorney fees might be OK (please confirm this). Employer can pay your share of the money a year later as a bonus or sth. Considering this volatile economy (I think would last for at least couple of more years), it is better off starting the GC steps at the earliest to avoid any wait times because of RIR. Just my thoughts. ~Ram

Old 09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts

I saw from USCIS website the number of I 140's approved for EB Categories during 2008, to June 30 2011.
USCIS published this statistics on August 12, 2011, with upto June 2011 data . The total I-140 approvals for all the categories was 11,749 in 2008 and 11,672 in 2009, 2,370 in 2010 and 1,202 (January through June) in 2011.

1. Does this mean number of I 485 approvals , in future years , will be very small as there may not be applications which are ready to process I 485 approvals ?

2. Also will there be any spill over from EB2 to EB3 , as I believe unless I140 approved , 485 can not be approved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Friends with respect to the posting by @adibhatla and the USCIS dashboard recently updated following are a few observations.

From Dashboard - USCIS: National Processing Volumes and Trends - The backlog in Q3 decreased from 34K in April to 29K in June. The number of completions in Jun 9.4K is virtually double of Feb completions of 4.8K. Since the Aug & Sep bulletins did not show much movement its indicative of the fact that several concurrently filed EB2 ROW and EB1 cases became eligible for approvals it correlates very well with the I140 approval trend. If the current pace of approvals continues then by the end of Q1 2012 i.e. Dec the I140 backlog might reduce significantly. The key factor will really be the rate of incoming i140 and 485 applications, this surge has the potential to fully consume the entire EB2 ROW and EB1 cap for Q1 at the minimum or even significant part of the Q2 cap at maximum. With this trend continuing we might see the lower projection of SOFAD in 2012. There will be no movement probably even by a few days for EB2-I in Q1 2012 as there will be porting demand coming up for India, China might move though.

@adibhatla - The post is fine I have a few observations. They are assuming a very high number for PWMB before 15th April. I agree with the ~ 4K after 1th April, virtually most of the PWMB's are concentrated in May, Jun and July so most of them are still waiting to file for 485.

Following is a rough demand picture

1) Preadjudicated cases - 8K.
2) PWMB - 4K
3) Expected porting that will come constantly over the year 6K, we should stick with 6k because with Eb2-I being at 15th Apr 2007 potentially more people from EB3 can port and expect to get approved right away.
If we add these 3 the demand till 01-SEP-2007 is ~ 18K. Now the trend for I140 is not in favor of SOFAD because they are being approved at an alarming rate. The SOFAD in the upcoming year is expected to be in the range 20K - 30K (This year’s SOFAD). The current rate of approval of I140 will push the SOFAD very close to the lower end, the Aug and September bulletin freeze is a part of his trend. This way this year may end 01-OCT-2007. Only in the best case scenario with the current information is there is a chance of crossing 2007 this year for GC approvals, intake is totally hypothetical and maybe till a point much further if and when it happens, however there seems to be no possibility at all of any intake before Q3. Also the approval rate in Q1 2012 on the other site for EB2 ROW and EB1 will be a critical indicator.