Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct007 View Post
Qucik update: Just received my cards in the mail. No email, no text about CPO after the decision email. There were two LUDs on the application though.
Oct 14: decision email
Oct 18: LUD. decision text changed date to Oct 18
Oct 20: LUD and Cards are in the mailbox today.

Although decision email said ADIT processing etc I did not receive any FP notice.

Good luck to you all. I will be back tomorrow to call the reps on 3012..
Many congratulations to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the good news with all of us. Have a great green life ahead. Friends it looks like all preadjudicated cases before 15th July 2007 will see approvals this month itself.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute

not sure for PWMBs. I hv FP next month. and looking at the no of visas per yr, it seems we will get a chance of having a GC in hand next yr only.

btw, congrats to those who got current and got GC in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Many congratulations to you and your family. Thanks for sharing the good news with all of us. Have a great green life ahead. Friends it looks like all preadjudicated cases before 15th July 2007 will see approvals this month itself.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of
Default Still Waiting

Mine is May 2007 date and no update on my case yet even after raising a service request.
Went ahead and contacted my local senator yesterday so i do not believe everyone with priority date before July 2007 will get that this month.

Quote:

Old 10-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of

Finally got greened yesterday after a long wait for 4 years.
Thanks all for all your support and knowledge for the past 4 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea07 View Post
Mine is May 2007 date and no update on my case yet even after raising a service request.
Went ahead and contacted my local senator yesterday so i do not believe everyone with priority date before July 2007 will get that this month.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea07 View Post
Finally got greened yesterday after a long wait for 4 years.
Thanks all for all your support and knowledge for the past 4 years.
Thanks for posting and many congratulations. Friends the demand data for the Nov bulletin kind of indicates that everyone who is preadjudicated and has a PD prior to 15th Jul should get approved. 5-6K numbers which is virtually India and China's allocation will be consumed in October itself.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
Default I485 Fee Cheque

Does anyone know exactly in whose name the checue for I485 filing needs to be made is it USCIS, INS or DHS. I read couple of places and there is different information everywhere.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2012
Compare
larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute larun has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Retrogress?

Hi Teddy
Does it mean the dates could retrogress after the next movement.

Thanks!

Quote:
Here is a chart for all, this is just out of my gut feel, but next movement should be the final one for the year.

1 Dec 2007 - 100%
1 JAN 2008 - 60-75% (Likely)
1 FEB 2008 - 20-30%
1 MAR - 10%

Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anyone know exactly in whose name the checue for I485 filing needs to be made is it USCIS, INS or DHS. I read couple of places and there is different information everywhere.
Read Page 8 of http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Quote:
You may submit one check or money order for both the application and biometric fees
Quote:
Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
You do not make a check to USCIS!

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Teddy,

My attorney asked me to make check
payable to "USCIS". I asked same that do we
Need to make check payable to "US department
Of homeland security" ?

Attorney said "USCIS" is fine so I did make
Check payable to "USCIS".

Regards.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute Oct007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The official answer is U.S. Department of Homeland Security

USCIS - Paying Immigration Fees

But I think they accept USCIS and do take your monies. check this old thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...340-check.html (OPT Application (F-1) - slight misspelling of USCIS on $340 check)

Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default From the 485 Instructions

Quote:
Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and

1. The check or the money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, unless:

A. If you live in Guam, make it payable to Treasurer of Guam.

B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands, make it payable to Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.

NOTE: Effective July 30, 2007, if you file your Form I-485, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form-I-765, Application for Employment Document, and/or advance parole on Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. You may file these forms together. If you choose to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 separately after the effective date, you must also submit a copy of your form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of Form - I-485.

NOTE: Please spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials like "USDHS" or "DHS".

Old 10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare

dkshitij, hbk, jindhal, oct07, Guys thanks to all of you, I just made the checks in favour of Department Of Homeland security, destroyed the checks made in favour of USCIS. Greatly appreciate all your responses.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2011
Compare
mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute

I have sent check in favor of Department of Homeland Security and it was cashed this month.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute

Teddy ,
What does this mean for the next bulletin ,if you can make me understand what to expect?
Thanks
ananya

Old 10-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute ananyaganguly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for posting and many congratulations. Friends the demand data for the Nov bulletin kind of indicates that everyone who is preadjudicated and has a PD prior to 15th Jul should get approved. 5-6K numbers which is virtually India and China's allocation will be consumed in October itself.
Teddy ,
what does this mean for the next bulletin ,please help me understand what to expect?
Thanks
ananya