Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
My own projection for the intake was just till 31st Dec 2007; however the news is very exciting and since it comes from the man himself 01-MAR-2008 is likely. The idea would really be to have 30K as the target for the intake out of this year out of this I believe that 6K in terms of cap has been used (Oct Approvals) there is another 6.5 in the system by last month (PWMB + 2.5K demand data) and around 10K will be added this month (Nov) . So realistically another 8K maximum to add this month. However if CO likes to have a larger buffer or if lesser people are actually filing then there can be more movement this year. Similar thing should also happen in 2012 for this it is important that they do not overshoot by a large number otherwise it will be hard to justify another intake. This yearís trend is still in its infancy letís see how things move.
To me it looks like CO didn't look at the I-140 inventory or anything like that to move dates till now. Also, from the recent announcement, it doesn't look like he is going to. All he cares about how many GCs requested based on the approved I-485 (I assumed) to move the dates around. The moment demand exceeds available numbers, dates will retrogress. Till then, if CO continues to advance the date or not is anybody's guess.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute ek_bechara has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got Greened

I got the email a week ago and card today. I applied for my wife in early October and we are waiting for biometrics.

QUESTION: We are planning a trip to India in December and my wife will hopefully get biometrics done before that. What Iím interested in knowing is whether she can go the Consulate to get her H1-B stamped? If her EAD shows up before we leave then she will invoke the EAD but the issue is if no EAD and have to re-enter on H1-B how will that work?

Also can she leave the country when her AOS (Adjustment of Status) is pending?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute hbk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Of course, I don't know the "exact" situation because you didn't mention it. Since it is a public forum I suggest you either mention it thoroughly or do not expect us to magically know about it.

What is this mystery situation anyway? Care to enlighten us?

You filed for AOS ... be happy!
Well don't want to disclose "exact" situation on the discussion forum as its related to attorney side.

We both have same PD month i.e. Sep-07 so many congratulations to you also as you also filed AOS.

Regards.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek_bechara View Post
I got the email a week ago and card today. I applied for my wife in early October and we are waiting for biometrics.

QUESTION: We are planning a trip to India in December and my wife will hopefully get biometrics done before that. What I’m interested in knowing is whether she can go the Consulate to get her H1-B stamped? If her EAD shows up before we leave then she will invoke the EAD but the issue is if no EAD and have to re-enter on H1-B how will that work?

Also can she leave the country when her AOS (Adjustment of Status) is pending?
Yes she can go for H1B stamping in the current situation. But H1's now a days is a big hassle. Even if she gets her EAD her H1 will still be valid until she uses her EAD.

Ofcourse she can leave the country while her AOS is pending, how do you think EB3 people who filed their AOS in 2007 are travelling to India?

What do you mean by she will invoke EAD? To enter US you will need a valid visa or an Advance Parole(AP). Make sure you apply for AP along with EAD and there is no question of AP without EAD.

Last edited by njverifier; 11-04-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My own projection for the intake was just till 31st Dec 2007; however the news is very exciting and since it comes from the man himself 01-MAR-2008 is likely. The idea would really be to have 30K as the target for the intake out of this year out of this I believe that 6K in terms of cap has been used (Oct Approvals) there is another 6.5 in the system by last month (PWMB + 2.5K demand data) and around 10K will be added this month (Nov) . So realistically another 8K maximum to add this month. However if CO likes to have a larger buffer or if lesser people are actually filing then there can be more movement this year. Similar thing should also happen in 2012 for this it is important that they do not overshoot by a large number otherwise it will be hard to justify another intake. This yearís trend is still in its infancy letís see how things move.
Teddy,

My calculations are turning up a little different. Below nos. include the PWMB but not the 2.5K of leftover demand data. So, the demand upto Dec comes to 24-25K and end of Feb comes to 32-33K. So the 1 March 2008 movement appears to be in-line with expected inventory build-up. But all of this does not take into account the drop-out percentage which is completely unknown to us. Only USCIS knows and we might know when next I-485 inventory report is released. With that report we'll be able to project future movement with more confidence.

Apr-07 1096
May-07 1375
Jun-07 1646
Jul-07 2720
Aug-07 2944
Sep-07 3078
Oct-07 3579
Nov-07 3198
Dec-07 3083
Jan-08 3982
Feb-08 3789
Mar-08 3116

Old 11-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldIwait View Post
Teddy,

My calculations are turning up a little different. Below nos. include the PWMB but not the 2.5K of leftover demand data. So, the demand upto Dec comes to 24-25K and end of Feb comes to 32-33K. So the 1 March 2008 movement appears to be in-line with expected inventory build-up. But all of this does not take into account the drop-out percentage which is completely unknown to us. Only USCIS knows and we might know when next I-485 inventory report is released. With that report we'll be able to project future movement with more confidence.

Apr-07 1096
May-07 1375
Jun-07 1646
Jul-07 2720
Aug-07 2944
Sep-07 3078
Oct-07 3579
Nov-07 3198
Dec-07 3083
Jan-08 3982
Feb-08 3789
Mar-08 3116
Please provide the details of how you arrived at the post Jul 2007 figures. The 2.5K figure is the rough inventory betwen Jul 15th and Aug 15th and any older cases remaining. We should be cognizant to the fact that 8.5K of the cap has also been burnt out. You have probably omitted the 6K inventoried people between Apr 15th and Jul 15th. The 3K per month approximation is quite good.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/08/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/09/2012
Compare
srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute srhari has a reputation beyond repute
Smile When will my PD become current?

Teddy,
Your inputs are priceless and your tireless effort to answer our questions are much appreciated.

My PD is June 2009 EB2-I. Any idea, when my PD would become current with and without HR 3012? I really tried to calculate the numbers myself with all the information that I read here in this post, but unfortunately, I couldn't get that. Appreciate the help.

Regards,
Hari.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Normally EB2 wait time is 5 years, some people may have applied just before the Jul 2007 fiasco they may have been luckier.

Basically what will happen is that once the country cap is removed ROW will retrogress. People before this date likely all before 2009 will get greened the same year. Some of us have spent more than 4.5 years just to file for 485.

After that every one moves in unison so it will take 1 to 1.5 years from this point.

This bill will cut the EB2 and EB3 wait times for retrogressed countries to half.

Currently EB2-I is guaranteed only 2850 GC's every year. With this bill they'd be guaranteed 29,000 for the first year (28.6% of 85% of 85% of 140K). This no. will increase slightly in following three years due to phase-in rules. In addition to this, EB2-I will get EB1 spillover and EB4/5 spillover. Historically EB4/5 spillover has been around 10K and doesn't vary much but EB1 spillover has varied from nil to several thousands last year.
Comparing with last year total allocation of around 32-33K, this can still be 60% jump. Last year's SOFAD resulted in dates moving about 1 year total during a dense period. We are now slowly approaching comparatively sparse period. So, all in all if EB1 spillover doesn't disappoint and the bill passes, EB2-I can end up around Jan-Feb 2009 by Sep 2012 bulletin.

But EB3-I gets straightforward 10 times increase in allocation. So in terms of benefit it's definitely greater for EB3-I but it's significant for EB2-I too.

I'm eagerly waiting for it to be put on house calendar.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
Thumbs up

Quote:
Please provide the details of how you arrived at the post Jul 2007 figures. The 2.5K figure is the rough inventory betwen Jul 15th and Aug 15th and any older cases remaining. We should be cognizant to the fact that 8.5K of the cap has also been burnt out. You have probably omitted the 6K inventoried people between Apr 15th and Jul 15th. The 3K per month approximation is quite good.
Here's how I arrived at this data. Based upon my description you can decide whether or not I omitted anything. I started with combining PERM data from all of the previous years and filtered on India and included "Certified" and "Certified Expired" cases. I then extracted the actual priority date from the A#(which is hidden in Julian day format) and ordered the entire set by priority date. Next, I excluded all the data for which Priority Date as well as Approval Date was before Fiasco, because they were already included in the I-485 inventory. The remaining information was grouped by month based upon priority-date. Then I multiplied by 0.75 (the EB2/EB3 ratio) and then by 2.2 (the family multiplier).
So, this includes ALL of PWMB and when we are considering a total inventory target for this year burnt inventory needn't be substracted as it is these people who are getting these GC's.

Last edited by shouldIwait; 11-04-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Missed some clarifications

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
redsox2009 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldIwait View Post
I started with combining PERM data from all of the previous years and filtered on India and included "Certified" and "Certified Expired" cases.
You cannot count every "Certified Expired" cases, I know few really generic expired cases. Also there are many generic expired cases in 2008.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future smanohar has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Greened

Got text alert and email from cris at 1:41 am today with the status updated to approved.
My PD is 25 th July 2007 and the case was filed in Nebraska.

Thanks Teddy for all the good work you are doing and good luck to everyone waiting for their turn.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute rakesh76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got Approved

My case got approved.It seems it got approved on 4th November but my status got changed on 6th morning 5.15

I got SMS as well as status got changed.

Thanks Teddy for good work. My best wishes to all of you.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute
Default congrats

Congrats smanohar and rakesh76 . If you don't mind, can you share if you did anything that helped USCIS pick up your application and approve? Things such as calling USCIS helpline, raising a Service Request, meeting senator etc?

Also, just to help with my own theory, had you recently applied for EAD or AP? And this may sound ridiculous, but nevertheless, does your last name start with the first few alphabets of english, such as A, B, C etc...?

...just trying to understand what protocol USCIS follows in selecting pre-adjudicated applications for approval.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanohar View Post
Got text alert and email from cris at 1:41 am today with the status updated to approved.
My PD is 25 th July 2007 and the case was filed in Nebraska.

Thanks Teddy for all the good work you are doing and good luck to everyone waiting for their turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh76 View Post
My case got approved.It seems it got approved on 4th November but my status got changed on 6th morning 5.15

I got SMS as well as status got changed.

Thanks Teddy for good work. My best wishes to all of you.
Friendís congratulations to both of you, thanks for sharing the good news with all of us. Enjoy your green life.

Looks like quarterly spillover or monthly access allocation is in play. This will help to bring actual GC to people faster. I believe all preadjudicated cases from Jul 2007 should get approved this month.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
shamlal is on a distinguished road
Default Finally Greened!!!

I got a text message @ 4:31AM today. Instead of approved I485 status, I see Card Ordered as my status. Is it normal?

Last edited by shamlal; 11-06-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: forgot to mention AM or PM