Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namjoshi View Post
No worries dud...

I am just planning on an imp professional move...

Knowing some details as to when can I roughly estimate my GC approval would help make a favourable decision
Only chaos theory can predict the exact date movements.

in layman terms, heck nobody can explain what's going to happen.

If its an important professional move, make that move. You ought to choose your priorities & your poison.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by namjoshi View Post
No worries dud...

I am just planning on an imp professional move...

Knowing some details as to when can I roughly estimate my GC approval would help make a favourable decision
Friends the entire movement as of now is purely to generate demand. 40-45K demand may already have been generated. Dec 2008 PD may take 1.5 - 2 years for actual GC approval if you are looking for an estimate. As others have said at the moment there is too much of randomness in the system to say anything for sure.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of namjoshi has much to be proud of

Thanks Teddy. Thank you everyone

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of newtoearth has much to be proud of

My Situation:

I am here on H1-B and recently filed AOS I-485 along with my wife (I am primary). My wife is on L1-B and planning quit the job end of this week, so her employer will revoke L1B immediately. We haven’t got the FP notice (or EAD/AP yet. Just got receipt number).

My question:
1. Do I need to apply for H-4 for my wife or is she already considered as AOS status?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default She is already in AOS status

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoearth View Post
My Situation:

I am here on H1-B and recently filed AOS I-485 along with my wife (I am primary). My wife is on L1-B and planning quit the job end of this week, so her employer will revoke L1B immediately. We havenít got the FP notice (or EAD/AP yet. Just got receipt number).

My question:
1. Do I need to apply for H-4 for my wife or is she already considered as AOS status?
Once you have filed you are in AOS status. EAD is required ony if your wife wants to go for a job. AP is required only if your wife wants to go out of the country. Hope this helps.
GCANDGC

Old 12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute mohan.great@gmail.com has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
I think a better way of saying would be that predictions backed by calculations were exceeded. This is because we are in the discretion territory. I believe you have chosen the wrong post to comment, the poster there was just wishing that his / her date becomes current. With regards me Iam certainly happy that more and more people are getting current. We all create hope on this blog but try to be realistic, it is not correct to create unrealistic expectations, however when the results surprise us itís a reason to feel happy nothing wrong with the approach. The current movement is totally discretion driven to create inventory.
Teddy

You have always given realistic predictions which is how it should be. I am very thankful to you to for keeping us all on ground.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Question Thoughts/Suggestions Please?

Congrats to everyone who became current in Jan Bulletin. I am current too. Here is my situation. I am currently on a vacation in India and the planned date of return is mid Jan. I understand that I can work on some of the documents except for the medical part from here and then work on the medicals when back there and have the papers filed. Is that a reasonable approach or should I prepone my trip back? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attorney needs time too

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodindia View Post
Congrats to everyone who became current in Jan Bulletin. I am current too. Here is my situation. I am currently on a vacation in India and the planned date of return is mid Jan. I understand that I can work on some of the documents except for the medical part from here and then work on the medicals when back there and have the papers filed. Is that a reasonable approach or should I prepone my trip back? Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi winodindia
It is just my view. Most Attorneys will need atleast two weeks of time to verify the documents provided by you, to prepare their part of work and submit the application. So if you come by mid January, it will be a close call. Plus you do not give any room for any unexplected things that can happen.

Regards
GCANDGC

Old 12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of

Vinod

Talk to lawyers. I have same situation. I spoke with lawyers abt my plan and they are ok with it. They can continue to prepare ur application while u r on vacation

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/WaitingListItem.pdf

Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute Pappu_Pager has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
Only chaos theory can predict the exact date movements.

in layman terms, heck nobody can explain what's going to happen.

If its an important professional move, make that move. You ought to choose your priorities & your poison.
"If its an important professional move, make that move. You ought to choose your priorities & your poison."

True ..

Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute giri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to all of them who became current. Hopefully we EB3 people will get something to cheer about in the future.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
penna is on a distinguished road
Default Processing center

Gurus - Can any one please clarify ? My 765&485 notice numbers start with SRC , since they were sent to Texas service center. But, all my H1s & I-140 had been processed in Vermont center earlier (start with EAC) . I read somewhere that the service center that processed the I-140 , processes the 485 & 765 also . Is that true ?So, which service center is going to process my 765 & 485 ? It is Texas or they are going to send the application to Vermont?

Thanks in advance...

Old 12-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoearth View Post
My Situation:

I am here on H1-B and recently filed AOS I-485 along with my wife (I am primary). My wife is on L1-B and planning quit the job end of this week, so her employer will revoke L1B immediately. We havenít got the FP notice (or EAD/AP yet. Just got receipt number).

My question:
You need H4. Otherwise she is not in any status. Because EAD is not approved.
Consult with an attorney. Attorney is the best way.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute canuck787 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck787 View Post
Got my FP Notice(NSC):
Notice date :12/2/2011
appointment date: 12/29/2011
Got notification of EAD in card production stage : 12/14/2011
isnt AP approval needed for this card to be produced? also my FP is not done yet!!