Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
My question was more on the lines of getting a rouhg etimate based on approved labor (where each pending case is either EB2 or EB3 or others category), I tried doing by PWC Wage from approved labor and that number was coming out to be approx 60-80% (80% for PWC as 60K 60% for 70K) and cases to be EB2.
The problem is that rough estimates tend to be highly inaccurate. For example, if current movement in the VB is not pipeline creation and is really because demand is low, it means that our calculations are totally bogus.

I think this is largely because of our assumption that the split is 60/40 or 50-50 for EB2/EB3. When a mere 10 % difference is close to 10,000 (i.e. almost 1 years worth of 485 filings), it is hard to get a handle on what the next movement is going to be.

I've pondered a lot about what the right numbers are, and have finally given up. If we had demand data, we could do something ...but extrapolating PERM data is highly inaccurate and, honestly, a waste of time.

Your time is better served rallying for HR 3012. Visit a temple, grocery store, or some other gathering place and create awareness about HR 3012 and how it can benefit everyone.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanical13 View Post
The problem is that rough estimates tend to be highly inaccurate. For example, if current movement in the VB is not pipeline creation and is really because demand is low, it means that our calculations are totally bogus.

I think this is largely because of our assumption that the split is 60/40 or 50-50 for EB2/EB3. When a mere 10 % difference is close to 10,000 (i.e. almost 1 years worth of 485 filings), it is hard to get a handle on what the next movement is going to be.

I've pondered a lot about what the right numbers are, and have finally given up. If we had demand data, we could do something ...but extrapolating PERM data is highly inaccurate and, honestly, a waste of time.

Your time is better served rallying for HR 3012. Visit a temple, grocery store, or some other gathering place and create awareness about HR 3012 and how it can benefit everyone.
Yes we all agree our times are better served for advocacy on HR3012. rather than following up the prediction thread.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute

Advance apologies if this is not the right place for this, but can somebody please clarify the below issues:

1/ My birth certificate from India was issued recently Ė more than 3 decades after my birth. Does the later date of execution of the birth certificate trigger an RFE? I was reading in some posts online from 2004 where some ppl got RFEs because of late execution and were asked to submit affidavits and secondary documentation of birth.
Do ppl here have more recent experience with this?

2/ My dadís name is abbreviated in my BC. My lawyer asked for the BC have full names of both parents. Will this be an issue and should I have affidavits prepared in advance? If so, who writes the affidavit and who can notarize it in India? Any further details will be very helpful.

3/ My city of birth has different spellings in my passport (the anglicized version) and my BC (the recently changed native version). Does this require an explanation and / or affidavit? Who writes the affidavit?

4/ In my wifeís BC, the place of birth mentions the local municipality (and not the city) while her passport mentions the city. Will this require an explanation and / or affidavit explaining that the municipality is in the same city / district?

Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated. We have waited 11 years for this and do not want any screw-ups.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all

@helpful_leo, apologies accepted.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpful_leo View Post
Advance apologies if this is not the right place for this, but can somebody please clarify the below issues:

1/ My birth certificate from India was issued recently Ė more than 3 decades after my birth. Does the later date of execution of the birth certificate trigger an RFE? I was reading in some posts online from 2004 where some ppl got RFEs because of late execution and were asked to submit affidavits and secondary documentation of birth.

2/ My dadís name is abbreviated in my BC. My lawyer asked for the BC have full names of both parents. Will this be an issue and should I have affidavits prepared in advance? If so, who writes the affidavit and who can notarize it in India? Any further details will be very helpful.

3/ My city of birth has different spellings in my passport (the anglicized version) and my BC (the recently changed native version). Does this require an explanation and / or affidavit? Who writes the affidavit?

4/ In my wifeís BC, the place of birth mentions the local municipality (and not the city) while her passport mentions the city. Will this require an explanation and / or affidavit explaining that the municipality is in the same city / district?

Thanks for reading and any help is greatly appreciated. We have waited 11 years for this and do not want any screw-ups.
Ask your parents to jointly create an affidavit on Rs. 20 stamp paper and have it notarized.

Ask them to send this to you and you should be good.

Ofcourse, if you can get a corrected BC that would be ideal, but time constraints may prevent you from doing so.

Good luck.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD , AP & Travel Doc

Hi Guyz,

My date became current in October and applied EAD-AP & Traved document.
I got a card and according to USCIS, new card contains AP in the EAD card, as in the card below it says "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE".
But I never got a Travel Document. Can someone please tell me if seperate travel document is required and I should contact USCIS or Advancd Parole is synonym to Travel Document. ?

thanx,

Old 12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute nishant2200 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, its synonym. The EAD/AP card combo is the right card you got. It serves as both EAD cad as well as travel document (AP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceVA View Post
Hi Guyz,

My date became current in October and applied EAD-AP & Traved document.
I got a card and according to USCIS, new card contains AP in the EAD card, as in the card below it says "SERVES AS I-512 ADVANCE PAROLE".
But I never got a Travel Document. Can someone please tell me if seperate travel document is required and I should contact USCIS or Advancd Parole is synonym to Travel Document. ?

thanx,

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpful_leo View Post

Have three affidavits. Your mom, dad and a close relative
Clearly Cover all of the points with discrepancy and that should suffice.

In parallel, try to get certificates corrected. If by the date you need to apply certs are not ready use sffidavits.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2012
Compare
frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeme1 View Post
Hi ALL,

According to Oh Law Firm Website: The Oh Law Firm

Quote:
12/17/2011: The First Session of 112th Congress Close to Pulling Curtain Down

* This year marks the 1st Session of the 112th Congress. The second ssession will open next year, an election year. Both Houses have been busy to wrap up the pressing bills. One of the most pressing bills were Omnibus Appropriations bill for FY 2012. Yesterday, they passed this bill. For H.R. 3012, there were practically only two potential options to get through the Congress within year. One was to reach an agreement between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party and pass the bill in the form of unanimous consent without vote. The other practical option was to attach the bill to one of the most pressing bills before the session ends. It was Omnibus Appropriations bill. Apparently, the pro and con forces in the Congress failed to reach a workable compromise and none of the above two has taken place.
* It is so sad that many admirable immigration bills have been introduced to induce and retain foreign brains in one form or another but Congress has failed to pass any of them because of grid lock in the Congress. As this reporter brought up earlier, there are many pending bills that incorporate STEM at Master or Ph.D. level immigration as well as bills to eliminate EB numberical limits or recapture wasted EB visa numbers. None of them has been materialized. It is depressing.

Unquote.

Questions:
1. Does this mean the bills are dead now, or they would pick it up next year?
2. When does the senate return to session - i.e. what date?
3. Is anyone from IV or anyone else doing anything re this?

Thanks!
Don't spread news from other forums on HR 3012, it brings unnecessary focus and confusion to everyone..

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2008
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute AshokApex has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filing I-485 , medical report question

i have question while filing I-485 for medical report, i am going to submit all my medical report but my wife is due on next month so i did not take excpt blood test, i know i ll get ref, my 1st question . if i get medical report next to next month before getting ref can i submit those detail or need to wait,
2nd - Question, how much delay happen if i get query, i think this condition is very common.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute rxd9507IV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshokApex View Post
i have question while filing I-485 for medical report, i am going to submit all my medical report but my wife is due on next month so i did not take excpt blood test, i know i ll get ref, my 1st question . if i get medical report next to next month before getting ref can i submit those detail or need to wait,
2nd - Question, how much delay happen if i get query, i think this condition is very common.
Get a letter documenting pregnancy and uscis know that during pregnancy certain tests cannot be performed. Think positive, articulate with clear documentation and hopefully you will get no RFE. Good luck with pregnancy and GC in that order.....

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute
Default GC timeline

This is a totally selfish question.

I have PD of NOV 5 2007 EB2 I and applied for AOS - what is the likelihood of getting actual GC by june/July ?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2012
Compare
bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillagandhi View Post

I have PD of NOV 5 2007 EB2 I and applied for AOS - what is the likelihood of getting actual GC by june/July ?
Even without HR 3012, you will surely get GC by September 2012.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillagandhi View Post

There is no easy way to answer your question with accuracy.
Logically based upon recent trends you are very likely to get green card in next 6-8 months.

Now you are entering into ~Gut feeling zone:
By jun : 75%
By july : 83.25%

Old 12-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think they should make all categories current just like July 2007. Let those who left out the boat can sail easily. What do you think?