Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdeeds View Post
Pappu,

Without getting into any details that can't be gotten into or shared publicly, can you please clarify for the benefit of all what among these 3 is causing this movement. I ask this because I and probably many others are totally dumbfounded by the movement as it goes against all the basis of the predictions / calculations.

A) There was actually low demand in 2008 and 2009. The generally used basis for calculating demand has been PERM applications data from DOL with applied family multiplication factor (0.6 or whatever). If there was actually low demand in 2008 and 2009, then the basis for our calculations was incorrect - meaning that the approved PERMS didn't translate to 140s or beyond.

B) The demand was there. It's just that the cases filed after the movement in recent bulletins hasn't hit the DOS end from USCIS. Meaning there is a 3-4 month lag in the demand being reflected at DOS and hence we are getting the dose of kindness from DOS. We all know now that this is in large part due to IV's effort in educating the decision makers with hardcore calculations. So Thank you to you and IV!

C) The demand was there. It's just that there wasn't enough 'documentarily qualified' demand and hence the lag in USCIS requesting numbers from DOS and hence the movement. Maybe C) is the same as B) but I don't know what 'documentarily qualified' means and hence listing it here.

Hoping for your reply.
Agree. A good post and an answer from Pappu or other experts should provide some much needed clarity. We need more clarity particularly with our interest in 3012 becoming a law.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone post the link the thread which talks in detail about the 485 filing? Tried searching.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all

Does this Help ?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...heck-list.html (I-485 check list)

Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/31/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaforopt View Post
So 1000 visas to pakistan and 2800 to India and china is looking fair to you .

So India and china should wait till 170 countries get '2800 visas/country/year.'

what is this 7% limit for India & Chinese ( which are highly populated & developing countries).

EB visas are for future JObs .
So you say a job offered to Indain (or) chinese should be available for decades, while jobs offered for 'other country residents (or) who has a spouse from other country' should be available for less than decade?
Employment visa numbers to a particular country/s is the wrong way to look at it. In fact this is the argument being used by people to put down Hr 3012.

The 7% cap for each country for employment based visas is discrimination based on the country of birth. This per country cap is a relic of the Immigration Act of 1924 (which included the "National orgins act" and "Asian exclusion act") which was more discrminatory in its intent. The intent of the act was to control or restrict undesirable immigration (immigrants from southern/eastern europe were deemed undesirable as compared to those from northern/western europe). This act also prohibited asian immigration altogether.

How does one justify having per country limits for employment based visas in the 21st century when there is an already existing diversity visa lottery. Also each individual green card application is what it is "an individual application". It does not matter to the applicant whether a particular country gets X number of visas or not, he is only concerned about his application.

Employment based visas should be based on merit and should be distributed on a first come first serve basis. This is how companies hire their employees anyways, so why is there an artificial restriction in the green card process. Let us hope that Hr 3012 passes in the senate and ends this discrimination in 2012, once and for all.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts
Default Confused and happy

Guys....my pd is 5/2010 and my lawyer has asked me to be ready for the next VB it might be current. But he is not sure when I will really get my GC....he said i will get the EAD. I am confused.....if it is current I should get my GC in 6 months right? So why is lawyer confused. He said it depends on the approvals. ANy idea

Pattangi

Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nawaztrichy is on a distinguished road

Of course like in any situation, the party that stands to lose will oppose any change to the status quo if they are going to be affected by that change. The loudest wheels get the oil. So keep making noise and we will be able to succeed.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nawaztrichy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattangi View Post
Guys....my pd is 5/2010 and my lawyer has asked me to be ready for the next VB it might be current. But he is not sure when I will really get my GC....he said i will get the EAD. I am confused.....if it is current I should get my GC in 6 months right? So why is lawyer confused. He said it depends on the approvals. ANy idea

Pattangi
This in-take is for inventory build-up, not everyone is going to get a GC in the next six months. But, you will get an EAD/AP which will come handy. GC is probably 2 years away for you.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2011
Compare
harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Reality

Teddy,
As we know by now that there is no relation between the actual movement and pending inventory/Processed I-140s, i was wondering what would it mean for GC approvals. My thought is that there might be a lot of people who could not file AOS due to several reasons (lay offs, left the country,other reasons). Even though majority of them already have there I-140 approved, i still think some way or the other the movement has to be linked to a low filing of AOS for EB2.

What are your thoughts on the above situation??

Old 01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawaztrichy View Post
This in-take is for inventory build-up, not everyone is going to get a GC in the next six months. But, you will get an EAD/AP which will come handy. GC is probably 2 years away for you.
Oh...that is how it works. Even with this rapid movement I am two years away...so it adds up to 4 years total not bad for EB2. Hopefully the next VB moves up to end of 2010. But again, this is more income to USCIS because we will be renewing EAD for next couple of years....win-win

Old 01-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skumaravelan can only hope to improve
Default Possible ETA

When is possible ETA to be greened for oct/nov filers?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh...that is how it works. Even with this rapid movement I am two years away...so it adds up to 4 years total not bad for EB2. Hopefully the next VB moves up to end of 2010. But again, this is more income to USCIS because we will be renewing EAD for next couple of years....win-win

It is not a WIN-WIN. It is unfair that you are treated any differently from ROW in your category. Support HR 3012 and get the deserved GC.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of
Default very common misconception

Quote:
Again, this is a very common misconception all across several forums on immigration. USCIS DOES NOT charge anything for EAD/AP renewals past July 30,2007. Read top left part on page 8 of below document (Point 4 says that if u applied AOS after July 30,2007, no fee for renewal of EAD/AP card is required):

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765instr.pdf

So,please read and spread the word.

Some other misconceptions are:
early walk in for FP will expedite EAD/AP process (biometrics are for 485/GC)
Green cards are issued based on Receipt date and not Priority date (USCIS pre-adjudicates cases based on RD but DOL issues visas (GCs) based on PDs and visa availability)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

This is not true. My company paid more than $700 for EAD/AP for me last year. I have receipts of the applications where these fees are shown. I think it depends on how you applied EAD/AP originally. I can't remember the exact case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billu View Post
Again, this is a very common misconception all across several forums on immigration. USCIS DOES NOT charge anything for EAD/AP renewals past July 30,2007. Read top left part on page 8 of below document (Point 4 says that if u applied AOS after July 30,2007, no fee for renewal of EAD/AP card is required):

Green cards are issued based on Receipt date and not Priority date (USCIS pre-adjudicates cases based on RD but DOL issues visas (GCs) based on PDs and visa availability)

Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Respond only if you know. Don't add to the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suva View Post
This is not true. My company paid more than $700 for EAD/AP for me last year. I have receipts of the applications where these fees are shown. I think it depends on how you applied EAD/AP originally. I can't remember the exact case.
Don't be so sure if you can't remember exactly. Read below for exact information from USCIS website. Same applies to I-131 (AP) also.

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-765 together with your I-485, or you may submit the I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of a Form I-485.

If you are filing for an extension of your Employment Authorization and your Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, was filed before July 30, 2007, then you must pay the $380 filing fee. (This is why you had to pay the fee)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by billu View Post

Based on the information provided in the attached link I think you might be correct. How then do people end up paying for EAD renwal every year?? Is it just attorney fee?