Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amman View Post
Teddy,
Understood. I just wanted correct Srikant9's post saying, effective from Oct 1, 2012.
Thanks for clarifying.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Even though its effective as of 01 Oct the ground logistics for this year would be that 6 months have passed so 6 months worth of visas have been allocated. The results will come by as soon as HR 3012 is passed but it is important to note at what point in the year we are at that time. So in true essence we should predict the impact of HR 3012 when it gets passed for that year. HR 3012 whenever it passes will bring in fairness for EB2 – EB3 retrogressed the catch up with ROW will take anywhere from 1-2 years from the date of passage.
Teddy and Amman please also remember that this is effective as of October 1st 2011. This is of very high significance particulalry since the whole process is a 3 year phase in and as of October 2011 the clock is ticking. In other words October 2012 onwards the next higher percentage would be in effect. I am not sure how much it increases but we will have a lot more percentage available starting 2012 October

Old 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Teddy and Amman please also remember that this is effective as of October 1st 2011. This is of very high significance particulalry since the whole process is a 3 year phase in and as of October 2011 the clock is ticking. In other words October 2012 onwards the next higher percentage would be in effect. I am not sure how much it increases but we will have a lot more percentage available starting 2012 October
Thomachan we all agree with the intended effective date of 01-OCT-2011 and next year the higher percentage will kick in. Point is that if half the year has elapsed ROW would have used up far more than 15% this year so the best that may be possible is that ROW goes to unavailable. EB#-I getting 85% this year does not seem possible simply because of the time that is elapsed and GC's already granted. yes next year they will get the full higher percentage till they catch up with EB3 C and then I and C will keep moving till they catch up with the next, finally there will truly be 1 date when everyone has caught up. Let’s say they may EB3 as 01-JAN-2004 there will likely be people only from India to claim the numbers but when it moves further to 2005 and 2006 other countries will implicitly come into play.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/21/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prahlad401 is just really nice prahlad401 is just really nice prahlad401 is just really nice prahlad401 is just really nice
Post isn't the 15% per country CAP

Teddy,

isn't the 15% per country CAP?? in that case the assumption that ROW already has 15% is flawed. Don;t we have to calculate per country 15% ?

Thanks,
prahlad

Old 02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
KabAyegaMeraGc is a glorious beacon of light KabAyegaMeraGc is a glorious beacon of light KabAyegaMeraGc is a glorious beacon of light KabAyegaMeraGc is a glorious beacon of light KabAyegaMeraGc is a glorious beacon of light
Default H.R.3012 update?

Anyone having any updates on where HR 3012 stands as of today?

I came across this as of yesterday from Oh-Matthews site -

Senate Adjourned at About 06:30 PM Without Taking Up H.R. 3012

* Senate spent whole day today with FAA Reauthorization Conference bill and after passing it, adjourned until tomorrow. There is no known cause for the delay in H.R. 3012 bill on the floor but it may be related to the Irish lobby strategy to assure that E-3 visa bill is included in one form or another. There is a unconfirmed report of the Irish media that Senator Schumer had dropped Irisih undocumented relief provision to accomodate Sen. Scott Brown's bill. It appears that Irish community is adding pressure on Sen. Brown to persuade Sen. Grassley not to filibuster. They are also looking forward to the Irish prime minister's visit scheduled this week who reportedly wants to meet with Sen. Grassley to talk him out of the filibuster plan. Pending all these lobbying acitivites, it appears that the stand-alone H.R. 3012 may remain a hostage(?) to the resolution of the Irish E-3 visa legislation and pending their last-ditch effort to pressure Republican Senators including Sen. Grassley as it approaches one of the biggest ethinic celebration days in this country, the St. Patrick's Day, very soon. If it is indeed true that Sen. Schumer has dropped from proposal the Irish undocumented Irish relief provision, it indeed is considered a good news for the H.R. 3012 supporters in that such bill is likely to face less resistance in the House as well.
* The fact that Sen. Schumer dropped the undocumented Irish relief from his initial proposal has been confirmed not by one Irish media (Irish Central) but second media (Irish Emigrant). Accordingly, indeed a momentum is building for the bill to sail through the Senate in the near future.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Even though its effective as of 01 Oct the ground logistics for this year would be that 6 months have passed so 6 months worth of visas have been allocated. The results will come by as soon as HR 3012 is passed but it is important to note at what point in the year we are at that time. So in true essence we should predict the impact of HR 3012 when it gets passed for that year. HR 3012 whenever it passes will bring in fairness for EB2 – EB3 retrogressed the catch up with ROW will take anywhere from 1-2 years from the date of passage.
Correct me if I'm wrong, it doesnt become a law until its signed by the President.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by prahlad401 View Post
Teddy,

isn't the 15% per country CAP?? in that case the assumption that ROW already has 15% is flawed. Don;t we have to calculate per country 15% ?

Thanks,
prahlad
This is the maximum allowed for ROW in its entirety in year 1. This is not individual country cap. Most of the visas might come to EB3-I by earliest PD rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, it doesnt become a law until its signed by the President.
Yes !

Old 02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Demand data for March is out

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...utOffDates.pdf

Still don't see much demand on the EB2, hope this trend continues and a spill over to EB3 will soon happen to give EB3 folks some relief.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/18/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default What does this Demand Data mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhari View Post
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...utOffDates.pdf

Still don't see much demand on the EB2, hope this trend continues and a spill over to EB3 will soon happen to give EB3 folks some relief.
I don't understand what this Demand Data means. The I-485 inventory (as of Jan 12) shows 12,950 pending applications for EB-2 I. But why does this data show only 50 app prior to Jan 1, 2010 for the same category.

Total contributions $400 + $25 monthly for 12 mo.
Participated in 2011 Advocacy Day Events

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute skpanda has a reputation beyond repute

March VB out

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/visabull..._March2012.pdf

EB2IC 01MAY10
EB3I - 22AUG02

Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute
Default March Vb out

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/visabull..._March2012.pdf
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
FedUpwithGC is a splendid one to behold FedUpwithGC is a splendid one to behold FedUpwithGC is a splendid one to behold FedUpwithGC is a splendid one to behold FedUpwithGC is a splendid one to behold FedUpwithGC is a splendid one to behold
Default March VB

EB2I moved four months rather than 6 months as predicted by CO... Looks like stall or retrogression is on the way...

Old 02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy EB3 moved again by 1 week

Dec 2008 -01-Oct-01
DEc-2009- 01-May-01
Dec-2010- 22-Jan-2
Dec 2011 - 01-Aug-02
Jan 2012 - 01-Aug-02
Feb 2012- 15-Aug-2
Mar 2012- 22-Aug-02

Every month Visa Bulletin makes me feel sad, the wait goes on...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare

Congratulations to everyone who became current. Looking at the 4 months movement this time this seems to be the last bus for the year, so by all means everyone who is current should try to file by 31st Mar. The demand data does not provide any meaningful insight except that the adjudication of new applications is quite slow.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyas_m View Post
I don't understand what this Demand Data means. The I-485 inventory (as of Jan 12) shows 12,950 pending applications for EB-2 I. But why does this data show only 50 app prior to Jan 1, 2010 for the same category.
Well Said....The demand data doesn't make any sense and it does not match the reality. I don't see a point in USCIS publishing inaccurate data.