Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2011
Compare
lucky_g2010 is a jewel in the rough lucky_g2010 is a jewel in the rough lucky_g2010 is a jewel in the rough lucky_g2010 is a jewel in the rough

Per USCIS:

Will applicants get a two-year EAD when they file an I-765 with their I-485 adjustment of status application?

Generally no. Initial EAD filings will generally receive an EAD that is valid for one- year because they are usually submitted with the Form I-485 that can only be filed when there is an immigrant visa number immediately available to the individual. Applicants are only eligible for a two-year EAD if their immigrant visa availability date retrogresses (i.e., when actual demand for visa numbers exceeds forecasted supply) after the Form I-485 is filed. If an immigrant visa number is available, USCIS will grant the one-year EAD.

How will USCIS decide whether to issue an EAD valid for one or two years?

USCIS will decide whether to renew an EAD for either a one or two-year validity period based on the most recent Department of State Visa Bulletin available at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_1360.html. If an applicantís visa number has retrogressed and is unavailable, USCIS may issue a renewal EAD valid for two years. USCIS will continue to issue the EAD in one-year increments when the Department of State Visa Bulletin shows an employment-based preference category is current as a whole or the applicantís priority date is current.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of
Default EAD/AP or GC?

Why do you need EAD or AP, when you get GC on I-485 approval?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
hey TK,

1.) Do we still get the EAD/AP even if we have a pending RFE or do we get EAD/AP only after I-485 is approved.

2.) For people with PD's in my range i.e. Feb, Mar 2010 - will the 485's be approved and stored in cold storage till GC numbers are available or is 485 only approved after GC numbers are available.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute

Teddy,

Are visa numbers allotted in order of the original priority date, or in order of the I-485 application receipt date. For eg. in the case of January filers, will somebody with a PD of Dec'08 but RD of Jan 1 2012 get greened before someone with a PD of April'08 but a RD of Jan 31, 2012?

Thanks

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso View Post
Why do you need EAD or AP, when you get GC on I-485 approval?
I was confused on when I-485 is approved for ppl with later PD's like mine. Is 485 approved when USCIS is ready to give GC or is it approved and put in cold storage pending GC numbers being available.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feb 08 / Mar 08 approvals link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzc123 View Post
no kidding.... gaz is right, I have see it too
And interesting enough there are several Feb 08 approvals but as far as Mar 08 goes, there is atleast one from TSC and another from NSC. Without naming the forum, here is the google docs link to check the same.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&pli=1#gid=6

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

New processing time are published on USCIS website and TSC shows 485 processing date as April 3, 2011 .... awesome!! (yeah rite) ... moved by just over a week... what a useless update!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2011
Compare
harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough
Default RFE after or before

Teddy,
Can you please confirm if the RFE has anything to do with the fingerprinting process. My questions is to understand if the RFE is sent only after the fingerprints are done or the RFE comes independent of the fingerprints.

Not that i'm expecting the RFE, but just trying to understand based upon your experience. Do they wait until fingerprints are done and then they start looking/reviewing the file????

Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2011
Compare
dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute dilber has a reputation beyond repute
Question Question

I finally got the physical RFC letter yesterday. They are asking for copy of birth certificate and Photocopy of the Passport. Although I had submitted both with the initial applications.

The questions is:
1> I have an original and a duplicate birth certificate issues (the original has corrections that are NOT endorsed.) which one should I send them? I think I sent them duplicate last time.

2> Both the certificates are in English except for the official seal the seal is in Hindi. Do i just submit the BC or do I have to get an official translation for it?

Thanks,
Dilber.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiragsantwani will become famous soon enough chiragsantwani will become famous soon enough

I am seeing 6 approvals for March 2008 PD. 2 from NSC and rest from TSC (primary applicant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodindia View Post
And interesting enough there are several Feb 08 approvals but as far as Mar 08 goes, there is atleast one from TSC and another from NSC. Without naming the forum, here is the google docs link to check the same.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&pli=1#gid=6

Old 02-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragsantwani View Post
I am seeing 6 approvals for March 2008 PD. 2 from NSC and rest from TSC (primary applicant)
they are lottery winners

Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute ahaly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Retrogression and RFE

Hi,

If I get a RFE and the date retrogresses while the lawyer is in process of responding to the RFE, what happens? Is the RFE response processed or will the processing be delayed until the next time the date becomes current?

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2012
Compare
racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold racha24 is a splendid one to behold
Default birth cert question

sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've a quick question for all you gurus out there: My PD became current recently; anticipating this I managed to procure birth certs for me and my wife late last year from India. Now because these are issued very recently, and not at birth, do I still need to be submitting any affidavits? They are genuine certs with no errors, otherwise. Please help! thanks!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Preempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by racha24 View Post
sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've a quick question for all you gurus out there: My PD became current recently; anticipating this I managed to procure birth certs for me and my wife late last year from India. Now because these are issued very recently, and not at birth, do I still need to be submitting any affidavits? They are genuine certs with no errors, otherwise. Please help! thanks!
similar situation with my wife's BC(late registration).Having read all the RFE's preempted with an affidavit from her parent's+School+Degree certificates

Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute

Can somebody here pls shed light if we should be concerned abot the delay in getting our EAD/AP cards?

TSC servic center
I-485 RD - Jan 9
FP notice date - Jan 25
Fingerprinting date - Feb. 16
No EAD notification or cards yet.

I saw others here with same and even later dates from TSC who have already received EAD/APs? Is a delay indicative of anything?

Also, are visa numbers allotted in order of the original priority date, or in order of the I-485application receipt date. For eg. in the case of January filers, will somebody with a PD of Dec'08 but RD of Jan 1 2012 get greened before someone with a PD of April'08 but a RD of Jan 31, 2012?

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racha24 View Post
My attorney's staff adviced that we dont need affidavit / School certificate etc but I insisted and she agreed to send the affidavit and school certificate.