Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
they are lottery winners
and boo to the super slow IOs who are sitting with old cases
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by racha24 View Post
sorry for hijacking this thread, but I've a quick question for all you gurus out there: My PD became current recently; anticipating this I managed to procure birth certs for me and my wife late last year from India. Now because these are issued very recently, and not at birth, do I still need to be submitting any affidavits? They are genuine certs with no errors, otherwise. Please help! thanks!
Just get an affidavit from dad and mom. It will not cost you much but adds support to your application. Basically do whatever you can to avoid a RFE.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/03/2012
Compare
pknkak is infamous around these parts pknkak is infamous around these parts pknkak is infamous around these parts pknkak is infamous around these parts
Default Not able to see I485 status at USCIS website

Hi Gurus,

My RD is 02/06/2012. Still I am not able to check the status online on USCIS website. BTW, how long does it take to see the status online?

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2012
Compare
bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknkak View Post
Hi Gurus,

My RD is 02/06/2012. Still I am not able to check the status online on USCIS website. BTW, how long does it take to see the status online?

Thanks.
My receipt date is same as yours, yesterday I called up the service center and was informed that my cases is in their system and it does not reflect in the website because their website is down.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all

Hi Teddy and others,
Can you please help me with my situation...
My PD was current in Feb but had to travel to India on Jan 31st on an emergency. My lawyer sent the 485 application on 30th. I have a receipt date of Feb 1st.
I was back on 18th. I just wanna know if you have heard anyone facing similar situation? How did they deal with it.?

Thanks!

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Question ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkj7461 View Post
Hi Teddy and others,
Can you please help me with my situation...
My PD was current in Feb but had to travel to India on Jan 31st on an emergency. My lawyer sent the 485 application on 30th. I have a receipt date of Feb 1st.
I was back on 18th. I just wanna know if you have heard anyone facing similar situation? How did they deal with it.?

Thanks!
Ok...so what exactly is the problem you are talking about? If you are asking a question that if you can be out when you got the receipt, as far as I know, that is not an issue.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all pkj7461 is a name known to all
Default Rfe

Will there be any RFEs in this type of situation? Usually, one has to be in the US when 485 is filed right? My lawyer shipped the documents on 30th and I left on 31st.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Good that after a long time that finally we are back at debating numbers once again.
If we look at the current intakes starting right from the PWMB cases in October to the last bulletin (01-MAY-2010) the intake is easily 40K. The OR (Perm to I485) would range from 0.7 – 0.8.
Coming to the Jan inventory , for Nov filings which would have been in quite literally by that time the numbers for Dec and Jan filings seem to be unrealistically low, if that is true however then great. I still believe in my hypothesis that the dependent cases have not been properly accounted for due to the default data for the dependent A#’s. The truth is that the inventory possibly cannot be independently used for any analysis now because by the time the next inventory is released there will be a significant depletion due to approvals so there will never be a static stabilization point.
The consumption ball park is 18K, we did count this around the end of last year it was already 11-12K and in the recent days most Oct filers a significant number of Nov filers and a few Dec filers have been approved. Now if we look at the consumption thus far and comparing with the 9% per month consumption per month model we are actually looking at huge SOFAD.
At the beginning of the year the thought was that SOFAD will be lesser this year thanks to I140 acceleration and higher EB5 usage. The underlying thing I believe that USCIS is in fact approving every kind of case very fast there are several examples to show that EB1 and EB2 ROW cases are actually ahead of EBE I /C but however it looks like EB2 ROW is actually severely underperforming and more than compensating everything else. Also looks like EB1 demand is not all that high however it was kind of artificially pushed up by the high I140 approval rates we should not complain because we enjoyed the benefits last year but EB1 A & B has definitely stabilized. EB5 may have had high resurgence during Q1 this year but is still is expected to provide us with a minimum of 6K SOFAD just like the last year. The only category that is probably going higher is EB1-C the numbers on the data on Site that shall not be named may be skewed because the data for this category is mostly India whereas in reality India normally uses 3K of the 20K EB1C usage, this is based on 50% ofEB1 being EB1C and EB1 India being around 6K.
Now coming to the final resting point for this year by Sep 2012 the way the current approvals are going on there is a very good chance that it will be closer to 01-JAN-2009 this date is just out of my gut feel. I would attribute higher SOFAD as the bigger reason for this than demand destruction, no denying that there is demand destruction the OR for argument sake is .75 however the SOFAD would well be closer to 35K as opposed to the initial estimate of 22K that’s a bigger factor than demand destruction.
We also saw very interesting news of a May 2011 case getting a NVC notice this news is simply amazing it very much indicates that the next forward movement or intake would probably happen in Oct – Dec 2012 rather than Oct – Dec 2013; I believe the higher SOFAD is the key to make this happen. Those who missed in the Mar bulletin should not be disappointed because the next boat will arrive quite soon it will not take 4 years to arrive.
Another thing that maybe working in favor of EB2 right now is lesser porting. With the passage of HR 3012 in the house may people either decided to put their porting plans on hold or decided to wait another 6 months. However as time is elapsing due to the senate deadlock people are reassessing in large numbers. Porting is not easy but people are waking up and realizing in large numbers now than ever before that it is the only way out if HR 3012 does not pass, it is almost like if you don’t do anything you are doomed if you try there is a chance if not a guarantee of success.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2012
Compare
pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts
Default Chances of retrogression for EB2 in next bulletin

PD has advanced quite rapidly in the last 4-5 bulletins. Is there a high likelihood of
PD being retrogressed in the next bulletin?

My PD is current and i am collecting documents for I-485 application. However, I have to travel to India for an important work.

Can I file I-485 and then leave without waiting for receipts? Or should I wait to file I-485 after I come back after 3 weeks?

Old 02-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for reposting, but would appreciate if someone could address the below:

Can somebody here pls shed light if we should be concerned about the delay in getting our EAD/AP cards?

TSC servic center
I-485 RD - Jan 9
FP notice date - Jan 25
Fingerprinting date - Feb. 16
No EAD notification or cards yet.

I saw others here with same and even later dates from TSC who have already received EAD/APs? Is a delay in getting EAD/AP cards indicative of anything with I-485 application?

Also, are visa numbers allotted in order of the original priority date, or in order of the I-485application receipt date. For eg. in the case of January filers, will somebody with a PD of Dec'08 but RD of Jan 1 2012 get greened before someone with a PD of April'08 but a RD of Jan 31, 2012?

Thanks.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2011
Compare
harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough
Default RFE question

Teddy,
Can you please confirm if the RFE has anything to do with the fingerprinting process. My questions is to understand if the RFE is sent only after the fingerprints are done or the RFE comes independent of the fingerprints.

Not that i'm expecting the RFE, but just trying to understand based upon your experience. Do they wait until fingerprints are done and then they start looking/reviewing the file?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2012
Compare
la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute la_2002_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Default No EAD

Just checking if anyone else from the forum with a RD of early Jan still waiting for EAD/AP? I believe that the norm of NSC is generally 45 days for EAD. I am now at 50 day mark and no activity for our applications. I am now starting to worry and agonize.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jan Filers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by la_2002_ch View Post
Just checking if anyone else from the forum with a RD of early Jan still waiting for EAD/AP? I believe that the norm of NSC is generally 45 days for EAD. I am now at 50 day mark and no activity for our applications. I am now starting to worry and agonize.
If you look at the link below which is basically maintained by someone in another site, it will give you an idea of how many still pending. The tabs TSC and NSC are basically for Jan Filers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&pli=1#gid=1

Old 02-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/31/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute Kugr has a reputation beyond repute

Teddy or Someone else who knows.
Can you please clarify the terminology being used here.
  1. What do SOFAD, PWMB, NVC notice and OR mean?
  2. What do the terms "Demand Destruction" and "I140 acceleration" mean?
  3. What is consumption being talked about here. Is it monthly consumption, how can it be 18K? Wouldn't it exceed the 140,000 annual limit then?
  4. What does the term EBE mean (used in EBE I/C below)?
  5. Also does EB1 have three categories EB1 A,B,C (I thought it only had "Outstanding Researchers" and "Multinational Managers")?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
If we look at the current intakes starting right from the PWMB cases in October to the last bulletin (01-MAY-2010) the intake is easily 40K. The OR (Perm to I485) would range from 0.7 – 0.8...
The consumption ball park is 18K, we did count this around the end of last year it was already 11-12K and in the recent days most Oct filers a significant number of Nov filers and a few Dec filers have been approved...

At the beginning of the year the thought was that SOFAD will be lesser this year thanks to I140 acceleration and higher EB5 usage...

EBE I /C but however it looks like EB2 ROW is actually severely underperforming and more than compensating everything else...

The only category that is probably going higher is EB1-C the numbers on the data on Site that shall not be named may be skewed because the data for this category is mostly India whereas in reality India normally uses 3K of the 20K EB1C usage, this is based on 50% ofEB1 being EB1C and EB1 India being around 6K...

We also saw very interesting news of a May 2011 case getting a NVC notice this news is simply amazing it very much indicates that the next forward movement or intake would probably happen in Oct – Dec 2012 rather than Oct – Dec 2013;...

Old 02-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugr View Post
Teddy or Someone else who knows.
Can you please clarify the terminology being used here.
  1. What do SOFAD, PWMB, NVC notice and OR mean?
  2. What do the terms "Demand Destruction" and "I140 acceleration" mean?
  3. What is consumption being talked about here. Is it monthly consumption, how can it be 18K? Wouldn't it exceed the 140,000 annual limit then?
  4. What does the term EBE mean (used in EBE I/C below)?
  5. Also does EB1 have three categories EB1 A,B,C (I thought it only had "Outstanding Researchers" and "Multinational Managers")?
Kugr - It will take a while to answer all your questions. But as a starting point, I suggest you go back to the first page of this thread. You will have most of the information you are looking for.