Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayax View Post
Attorney is sending the Birth certificates again. In our case they were eligible copies. The attorney's belief is they are either lost or case officer could not locate it......

I wish at some point departments would allow to submit scanned copies. Applicant and attorney firm should be able to see the submitted docs online. That way everyone knows that docs are submitted and no one can say that doc cannot be located.

yeah....adding another one to wishlist
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all crownAmbassador is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Yes you can enter using AP based on the 485 from the future employer. Be sure to carry the EVL with you at the POE. You can work for employer A but you might lose your H1B status since you have used AP to enter. Maybe others can chime in on this.
Thanks Teddy. If any of the members have knowledge about it. Please reply.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of kalypso has much to be proud of
Default Check this

May be helpful ...

MurthyDotCom : Effect of Travel While in H1B/L-1 Status with Pending I-485

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownAmbassador View Post

Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
blue_green is a jewel in the rough blue_green is a jewel in the rough blue_green is a jewel in the rough blue_green is a jewel in the rough
Default dependents receipt number before primary applicant, is it normal?

Hi Teddy,

I know this is out of context but in my case my wife's receipt number for 485 and other applications is before me, the order is her 485/765/131 and then my 485/765/131, is it normal or is USCIS for some reason treating my wife as the primary applicant?

thanks in advance, others may please also share their thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
This is precisely the reason why we are seeing forward movement and a stream of approvals. EB2 ROW is contributing in a big way. If this continues then by Sep 2012 most people before 01-JAN-2009 will get approved.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/03/2012
Compare
pknkak is infamous around these parts pknkak is infamous around these parts pknkak is infamous around these parts pknkak is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_green View Post
Hi Teddy,

I know this is out of context but in my case my wife's receipt number for 485 and other applications is before me, the order is her 485/765/131 and then my 485/765/131, is it normal or is USCIS for some reason treating my wife as the primary applicant?

thanks in advance, others may please also share their thoughts.
This is the same with me. My wife and kids receipts numbers are before me. I think order does not matter. How does it happen with others?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Question it's alphabetical...maybe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknkak View Post
This is the same with me. My wife and kids receipts numbers are before me. I think order does not matter. How does it happen with others?
I think it's done alphabetically, in our case my spouse's (dependent) first name comes before me (alphabetically) - so they started case numbers with my spouse. And spouse PD is the RD!
In my friends case his (primary) name came before his wife (alphabetically) and so they started with him...also listed the dependents PD as primary's PD.

Not sure if this logic is correct but it does make sense in the two cases i'm aware of!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/07/2011
Compare
mangatha2011 is a glorious beacon of light mangatha2011 is a glorious beacon of light mangatha2011 is a glorious beacon of light mangatha2011 is a glorious beacon of light mangatha2011 is a glorious beacon of light mangatha2011 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Got 485 RFE

Friends,

Today evening Me and my wife got a 485 RFE email and got a little panic and spoke to my company immigration officer, he told me that this could be related to provide more evidence on marriage evidence. We have submitted Marriage cerificates while filing. But I am not sure what is RFE, Still waiting for actual letter.

Teddy/Other Friends,

1. Does any body have got below kind of email?
2. Who will receive RFE Letter Me or Lawyer? How long it will take to reach?
3. Does Lawyer will Fax or Courier send to Service Center?

Please share your thoughts.

Email:
The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN** (Service Center NSC)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On March 6, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future
Default Teddy is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownAmbassador View Post
I have used AP while being in H1B. Only time your H1B remains intact is if the 485 & H1B are with same company. I had discussed this with my Attorney few years ago...
RD - July 25th 2007
Upgraded to EB2 in July 2012.
Interfiling letter sent by Attorney on Oct 1st 2012
Opened SR on Oct 15th
USCIS Requested Interfiling Letter for upgrade (No RFE, just a Mail Response sent to me) - Oct 22
Sent Interfiling Letter & email (Personal - no Attorney) - Oct 25
Opened SR on 11/15
485 Approval - end of Nov 2012.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Same for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknkak View Post
Same for me too. Receipt number is not a driver to conclude primary or dependent.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this thread was for calculations and predictions not a question answer forum for individual cases.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Cpo

Thanks to all @ IV who helped me in this process. I have had a love-hate relationship with some core members forum over the years. Donated around 1000-1200 bucks, still think it's worth it every penny, as all immigrants need a voice. IV provides a voice and only needs to make it more 'Inclusive' than 'exclusive'. I have had differences with petty people but not the organization as such, so never ever bad mouthed IV.

But, that said, I have made some great great friends here. Thanks to all who helped me on this journey.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2011
Compare
immigrationvoice12 is infamous around these parts
Default Congrats Leo

Enjoy the Super Duper Green Life
Did you have any RFE for 485, if so how long did it take after responding with the requested info.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo07 View Post
Thanks to all @ IV who helped me in this process. I have had a love-hate relationship with some core members forum over the years. Donated around 1000-1200 bucks, still think it's worth it every penny, as all immigrants need a voice. IV provides a voice and only needs to make it more 'Inclusive' than 'exclusive'. I have had differences with petty people but not the organization as such, so never ever bad mouthed IV.

But, that said, I have made some great great friends here. Thanks to all who helped me on this journey.
Congratulations!!!!!!! Enjoy the FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatha2011 View Post
Friends,

Today evening Me and my wife got a 485 RFE email and got a little panic and spoke to my company immigration officer, he told me that this could be related to provide more evidence on marriage evidence. We have submitted Marriage cerificates while filing. But I am not sure what is RFE, Still waiting for actual letter.

Teddy/Other Friends,

1. Does any body have got below kind of email?
2. Who will receive RFE Letter Me or Lawyer? How long it will take to reach?
3. Does Lawyer will Fax or Courier send to Service Center?

Please share your thoughts.

Email:
The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN** (Service Center NSC)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Request for Evidence

On March 6, 2012, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information.
This is the standard RFE mail. Both you and lawyer will get it. For 485 filing is hard copy only.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo07 View Post

Many congratulations to you and your family. It is so nice to see a long timer finally reaching the destination. We have had a very memorable interaction. Great that one more PWMB is greened.