Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
This is another problem happening these days RFE's are being issued for documents already being sent, refer to the following article on Murthy - MurthyDotCom : Murthy Takes Action: Texas Service Center RFE Trend
Jai mata di and may force be with you for your approval, you are probably one of the senior most on this thread waiting for GC.
Dont know where I read it (may be on yahoo/msn) there was an article saying that among the govt employees the immigration depts (USCIS etc) employees have the lowest morale/satisfaction. They appear to be the most unhappy bunch of folks. Certainly they have to divert all this negative energy somewhere! guess who gets the beating

Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
This is another problem happening these days RFE's are being issued for documents already being sent, refer to the following article on Murthy - MurthyDotCom : Murthy Takes Action: Texas Service Center RFE Trend
Jai mata di and may force be with you for your approval, you are probably one of the senior most on this thread waiting for GC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Dont know where I read it (may be on yahoo/msn) there was an article saying that among the govt employees the immigration depts (USCIS etc) employees have the lowest morale/satisfaction. They appear to be the most unhappy bunch of folks. Certainly they have to divert all this negative energy somewhere! guess who gets the beating
Thanks Teddy and Thomachan
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

I see in the other tr--- forums people posting that EB2-I&C is retrogressed from 23-Mar-2012.
Shouldn't they have to honor the published bulletin.

hmmm gone are the days....bad.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb_newsletter View Post
I see in the other tr--- forums people posting that EB2-I&C is retrogressed from 23-Mar-2012.
Shouldn't they have to honor the published bulletin.

hmmm gone are the days....bad.
What they might be pointing out could be that the actual approval dates have shifted to older 07 cases lately. However, I still think they will continue handling all submitted cases till the end of April or till when the May bulletin dates kick in. So they might preadjudicate a certain number of cases during this short interval. Early 2008 cases might be the ones they handle during this period. Hopefully 3012 will move forward soon and there might be some relief for all the members here.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Early 2008 cases might be the ones they handle during this period.
See the below message posted in other website.

Quote:
Posted by raghavendra76 (41) 22 hours 33 minutes ago
Looks like a bad news , a guy from Jan filer approached his senator to speed up the process and he got below response.

HI Guys,

Its bad News...I have follow up my case with senator office I got this response from them...

The visas have regressed since the issuance of the March and April visa bulletins for the EB2 preference. The number use in the Employment Second preference category increased dramatically during February, and has continued to do so during March. Current indications are that this pattern would continue if no action were taken. Therefore, effective Friday, March 23, 2012 it has been necessary to retrogress the China and India Employment Second preference cut-off date to August 15, 2007. This action is being taken in an effort to ensure the continued availability of Employment Second preference numbers for countries other than China and India who have not yet reached their annual limit. Numbers will once again be available for China and India Employment Second preference cases beginning October 1, 2012 under their FY-2013 annual numerical limitation.

We have to wait for Oct st 2012..Hope for the best guys... :-)

Quote:
Hopefully 3012 will move forward soon and there might be some relief for all the members here.
Yeah that is good for everyone.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute GC_Green9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB3-I - Sept,2002 - Dec,2002 - Any approvals in this time frame?

My PD is Dec,2002. I have not seen any approvals for EB3-I within this range. Can you please post your approval, if you fall within this range?

Thanks

Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD and Company change timeframe

After getting EAD how much time we have to stick with the same company.

Appreciate your reply.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencard.wait View Post

Appreciate your reply.
There is NO time after u get EAD; it's 6 months after your 485 is received by USCIS.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
There is NO time after u get EAD; it's 6 months after your 485 is received by USCIS.
precisely, 180 days

Old 03-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Rb_newsletter;3348434]See the below message posted in other website.

Posted by raghavendra76 (41) 22 hours 33 minutes ago
Looks like a bad news , a guy from Jan filer approached his senator to speed up the process and he got below response.

HI Guys,

Its bad News...I have follow up my case with senator office I got this response from them...

The visas have regressed since the issuance of the March and April visa bulletins for the EB2 preference. The number use in the Employment Second preference category increased dramatically during February, and has continued to do so during March. Current indications are that this pattern would continue if no action were taken. Therefore, effective Friday, March 23, 2012 it has been necessary to retrogress the China and India Employment Second preference cut-off date to August 15, 2007. This action is being taken in an effort to ensure the continued availability of Employment Second preference numbers for countries other than China and India who have not yet reached their annual limit. Numbers will once again be available for China and India Employment Second preference cases beginning October 1, 2012 under their FY-2013 annual numerical limitation.

We have to wait for Oct st 2012..Hope for the best guys... :-)

QUOTE]

so does this mean I should expect my GC very soon (since dates are retrogressed to Aug 07)? ...

I don't think they can retrogress "officially" after bulletin is published (they got slammed once before during July 07 fiasco).
However, they can slow down the approvals but that does not mean Aug 07 and later PD dates cannot be approved, technically, everyone with PD of May 2010 and prior are current until end of April 2012.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of

Here we are getting this response from everywhere that dates will be (or are retrogressed) to Aug 2007 and on the other side people with PD Jun 2008 are getting their cards. I just checked tackitt and some guy with PD in Jun 2008 got his GC yesterday....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute monktrusts has a reputation beyond repute
Cool EB3 India Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Green9 View Post
My PD is Dec,2002. I have not seen any approvals for EB3-I within this range. Can you please post your approval, if you fall within this range?

Thanks
GC_Green9,

PD Dec 2002
Got my EAD in july 2007...since then had 3 EADs (I believe or may be 4)
I too haven't seen any EB3's posting here about GCs etc. But wait few more months and we should be current too.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2012
Compare
greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute greencard.wait has a reputation beyond repute
Default After EAD - job change

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any risk in changing the job after EAD?

What is the procedure for EAD transfer?

Should I wait till I get Green Card. My priority date is Dec 1009.

Appreciate your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzc123 View Post
precisely, 180 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencard.wait

Appreciate your reply.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2012
Compare
frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute

I never heard anyone affected during naturalization if they left before 6 months. Let me know, even if there is even one case proving this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
There is NO time after u get EAD; it's 6 months after your
485 is received by USCIS.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Teddy,

Can you pls tell when you think somebody with a PD of late Dec 2008 can get their actual GC, now that retrogression is kicking back in.

Can it be around Oct 2012...or even later?

Thanks