Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2012
Compare
pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts
Default Soft lud?

How can you tell whether there was a soft LUD or not?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardesibabu View Post
How can you tell whether there was a soft LUD or not?
My assumption is that a Soft LUD will update the LUD on the website even though it does not send an email. In my case, LUD did not change online untill the final approval.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
Hmmm..first of all thanks for disliking the post, that's a great achievement.

Infosys has filed GC of 5 testers (We give them the scripts and they perform those steps as told from 8am to 5pm). One of those guys is a "Senior Project Manager" with 7 years of experience...all others are "Project Managers" with lesser experience.

Using designation and not responsibilities as a GC criteria is gross misuse of EB1-C. I thought that only people with "Policy making ability" qualify but here Infosys files for analysts and testers in the guise of Project Managers.

Tomorrow someone will open a testing company and have 3 employees - CEO, COO and CTO all doing testing and getting GC's in 5 months while other wait.
Have you ever worked in IT? If yes, did you ever try to comprehend what SDLC (heard it ...........at least once) is? Your expression sheds a very poor light on Analysts and Testers. If you haven't realized who designs the business solution and who traces the technical solution to business solution and thus to the requirements (1) you gathered nothing but dust over the so called your industry experience and (2) you never worked on enterprise wide IT projects.

If you wanted to fret over Infosys taking advantage of the grey area, tell just that and balk over there. Don't bask in your ignorant bliss.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute UKannan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrmarrivada9 View Post
Have you ever worked in IT? If yes, did you ever try to comprehend what SDLC (heard it ...........at least once) is? Your expression sheds a very poor light on Analysts and Testers. If you haven't realized who designs the business solution and who traces the technical solution to business solution and thus to the requirements (1) you gathered nothing but dust over the so called your industry experience and (2) you never worked on enterprise wide IT projects.

If you wanted to fret over Infosys taking advantage of the grey area, tell just that and balk over there. Don't bask in your ignorant bliss.
I thought this thread is for EB2/EB3 predictions and not for giving the definitions / lectures on SDLC

Old 05-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad that you noticed the thread's intent!! Guess the bear noticed that the spring is around and woke-up from the slumber. Guess it is time to poke around the ones still hibernating.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Demand Data out

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...utOffDates.pdf

Has better numbers than the last few for sure!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future udaykiran82 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrmarrivada9 View Post
Glad that you noticed the thread's intent!! Guess the bear noticed that the spring is around and woke-up from the slumber. Guess it is time to poke around the ones still hibernating.
I think you need to chill out a little bit and take a break..your attitude will not bear you any favors..

Old 05-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
phigi is a splendid one to behold phigi is a splendid one to behold phigi is a splendid one to behold phigi is a splendid one to behold phigi is a splendid one to behold phigi is a splendid one to behold phigi is a splendid one to behold
Default demand data for june 2012 bulletin published

here is the link to it.
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...utOffDates.pdf

Old 05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cvsravan is infamous around these parts cvsravan is infamous around these parts cvsravan is infamous around these parts

So that means 12.5k 485s waiting for a number ....if it's the total count of pending 485s then we should be able to go to the earlier date of may 2010 by next FY spillover... If this is not the total count ..then how many more can we expect? Another 10k? Experts please comment....

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykiran82 View Post
I think you need to chill out a little bit and take a break..your attitude will not bear you any favors..
Really!!!!

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvsravan View Post
So that means 12.5k 485s waiting for a number ....if it's the total count of pending 485s then we should be able to go to the earlier date of may 2010 by next FY spillover... If this is not the total count ..then how many more can we expect? Another 10k? Experts please comment....
12,650 is high demand. Without spillover from ROW and EB-1, that would make the wait 5+ more years for EB-2. So the question is, how much spillover do we think there will be before the next fiscal year starts in October?

Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2012
Compare
pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts

Visa bulletin in May stated:

"Every effort will be made to return the China and India Employment Second preference cut-off date to the previously announced April date of May 1, 2010. This will be done as quickly as possible under the FY-2013 annual limits, which take effect October 1, 2012. It will not be possible to speculate on the cut-off date which may apply at that time until late summer."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There could be some spillover from other categories before FY2013 quota comes into effect. USCIS will try to bring the PD cutoff to May 1, 2010 within FY2013 limits.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phigi View Post
The new DD for June bulletin is very interesting. If the total known demand for all of 2008 is just 7.5k and then demand for 2009 is only 2.4k, then there is something definitely wrong there. Either not all of the FEB, MAR and APR bulletins converted to demand (due to retrogression) or this is severely under-reporting that demand. Either way, EB2 could be C or close to it by end of FY2013. The only factor that could prevent this scenario from playing out would be porting in large numbers (~5k per year).

Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
The new DD for June bulletin is very interesting. If the total known demand for all of 2008 is just 7.5k and then demand for 2009 is only 2.4k, then there is something definitely wrong there. Either not all of the FEB, MAR and APR bulletins converted to demand (due to retrogression) or this is severely under-reporting that demand. Either way, EB2 could be C or close to it by end of FY2013. The only factor that could prevent this scenario from playing out would be porting in large numbers (~5k per year).
I don't see porting happening much from Eb3 to EB2 this year. As of October 2011 Pending 485 inventory for EB3 india on USCIS site is 51758 while demand data is 49500 - means only 2200 EB3 approved with porting.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute Gandhi_II has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardesibabu View Post
Visa bulletin in May stated:

"Every effort will be made to return the China and India Employment Second preference cut-off date to the previously announced April date of May 1, 2010. This will be done as quickly as possible under the FY-2013 annual limits, which take effect October 1, 2012. It will not be possible to speculate on the cut-off date which may apply at that time until late summer."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There could be some spillover from other categories before FY2013 quota comes into effect. USCIS will try to bring the PD cutoff to May 1, 2010 within FY2013 limits.
Yes, but no one knows the exact amount of the spillover. Short story is, we don't know what demand will be in September, and certainly don't know what supply will be. Neither does the DOS or USCIS. So we can only speculate. Probably better off getting on with our daily lives.