Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psagarn View Post
Can't agree more. We got it on ourselves when we committed the frauds, and more importantly when we saw these frauds being committed and did not report it to the concerned authorities. We expect a just and fair system but we forget our responsibility towards such a system.

A system is created by people, mostly great thinkers who see a pattern in the problems faced by people, and they also see a way to resolve the problem. Understand this that most of the times, system is static whereas people are forever evolving. So it does not take long for "smart" people who realize the static nature of the system, to come up with their "work arounds". A fool proof system is something that can always be demanded but can almost never be built/maintained. It is us, the people that are part of the system, who are responsible to make the system "an invincible one". So answer this, "How many times did you take the pain to report the abuse to concerned authorities when you saw the abuse?" Remember, "All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing."
You are looking at the situation with jaundiced eye. So basically system should not do the enforcement , checking, verification , setting rules and policies to avoid loopholes everything has to be done by us. Can I get the listing of how the GCS were awarded per category per country from 1999 till 2012? How come none of the 245i cases are in baclog now? Do we even know how many 245i's cases were there, sometimes they raise incovenient thought and questions which we can never dare to ask. How can they approve PERM petitions when the people before PERM are still pending (they were conveniently put in a backlog queue, where was your self consciousness then?), I don't say we all part of problem but its not just Indian, its everycone, everyone who could exploit the system exploited it. Buck always starts and stops with implementor or the guardian of the system not with followers, so I don;t agree here mistake is ours right now if we tead that toe its just a reaction (if it is EB2 and EB3) morever. Why isn't system disclosing all infomarIion, monthly statistics (why we have to rely on Teddy's analysis, this should not be a science , there are supposed to be no assumptions and unkown variables). And now coming back to Indians in particular, I think everyone who wcould expliot system did that (from all ethinicities, Indian cases are large in number but proportion of fraud could be same as even low volume countries.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2012
Compare
pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts

whats a 245i case?

Old 05-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Let's cut the fraud talk and focus on legislation

I have been in this forum long enough to see this trend - every time the numbers dry up, people start talking about fraud. EB3 talks about how people fraudulently get into EB2, EB2 talk about EB1 fraud and then there are those that talk about H1B fraud and how EB3 should not even be here.

Let's get over this infighting - there might be fraud to some extent, but it is not widespread and it is not limited to technology or India/ China. You have to give it to the USCIS and their audit systems - with 30-50% audits and site visits, they would have unearthed fraud more than our incisive instincts about fraud that we use to make claims in this forum.

The only way things are going to change is if the system is made fair and non-discriminatory. The only way to make it that way is to ask for it. The only way for that to be pushed forward is to reach out to you senator/ congressman and support lobbying efforts.

And finally, let me throw this out there - I believe in karma - so my efforts to support a good cause possibly will help me in some other/ future day/ time/ place. Having participated last year, I do already know how these centers of power work and what works them. Some day that experience will prove to be of value.

I request all of us to step out of familiarity zone and take our first steps in participatory democracy and push our cause. No one else will, if we don't.
RFE: BC in 2009/ Proof of Employment Authorization on July 8th, 2011
Greened on 07/16/2011
Cards Received on 07/21/2011

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrant2007 View Post
You are looking at the situation with jaundiced eye. So basically system should not do the enforcement , checking, verification , setting rules and policies to avoid loopholes everything has to be done by us. Can I get the listing of how the GCS were awarded per category per country from 1999 till 2012? How come none of the 245i cases are in baclog now? Do we even know how many 245i's cases were there, sometimes they raise incovenient thought and questions which we can never dare to ask. How can they approve PERM petitions when the people before PERM are still pending (they were conveniently put in a backlog queue, where was your self consciousness then?), I don't say we all part of problem but its not just Indian, its everycone, everyone who could exploit the system exploited it. Buck always starts and stops with implementor or the guardian of the system not with followers, so I don;t agree here mistake is ours right now if we tead that toe its just a reaction (if it is EB2 and EB3) morever. Why isn't system disclosing all infomarIion, monthly statistics (why we have to rely on Teddy's analysis, this should not be a science , there are supposed to be no assumptions and unkown variables). And now coming back to Indians in particular, I think everyone who wcould expliot system did that (from all ethinicities, Indian cases are large in number but proportion of fraud could be same as even low volume countries.
Jaundiced eye? really? How much do you know about me to say that? You don't even know for sure if I am an Indian or not. Why would I be prejudiced against Indians which might include me? All I am saying is that there are people, a lot of us, who demand their rights without paying their dues i.e. without carrying out their responsibilities. Why do you even raise the point of people exploiting and abusing the system when you think it's not your concern/responsibility but is the concern/responsibility of only the enforcer.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jaundiced eye? really? How much do you know about me to say that? You don't even know for sure if I am an Indian or not. Why would I be prejudiced against Indians which might include me? All I am saying is that there are people, a lot of us, who demand their rights without paying their dues i.e. without carrying out their responsibilities. Why do you even raise the point of people exploiting and abusing the system when you think it's not your concern/responsibility but is the concern/responsibility of only the enforcer.
Okay, Since I commented on on your post without giving enough reasoning, let me tell you that I didn't and do not in any way mean that you are biased towards Indians but I think are looking at a situation with some sort of pre concieved notions (jaundiced eye )based on your what you saw and heard from your circles. The people who had commited frauds in Eb2 and EB3 have already got GCs and are citizens or on way to it soon. Its the implementation on laws that gives people to find so many loop holes and inqediquate punshement to wrong doer, discourages people from approaching authorities. They started to act when it started hurting them but still not enough. Also people like me and your are now trying to be righteous because we will the pain but what will our actions and stand be once we get our GCs? unkess we believe in a cuase we should not take it up again this is my own personal opinion and yes we should complain to authorities to any frauds we see around us, any wrong doing being done.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardesibabu View Post
whats a 245i case?
a Kind of pardon ..I could be wrong in the term pardon but it was authorizing GCs for certain people (in quite a significant number)

Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts psagarn is infamous around these parts

Quote:
.....and yes we should complain to authorities to any frauds we see around us, any wrong doing being done.
Looks like we are on the same page.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Looks like we are on the same page.
We are on same page only when we uphold the righteousness in all or most aspects of life starting from complanining to authorities about neighbours if they use sprinkler on unatuhorized days, comlanining to HOa on thier non HOA approved activities, calling 911 and making videos for proof the moment we see someone not stopping at stop lights or speeding and illegal parking (and doing this to ourselves as well), calling the companaies whenever we see our friends / fammily memebrs donwloading music / movies for listening if they don't buy it or pay legally for itcomplaianing about any Tax items whichw e know they should not be claiming and pledge to uphold these values till we live, if we don't do that then my friend I would say that this action is just per our convenience only just becuase we are feeling the pinch.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
We are on same page only when we uphold the righteousness in all or most aspects of life starting from complanining to authorities about neighbours if they use sprinkler on unatuhorized days, comlanining to HOa on thier non HOA approved activities.
Yes, we should do that before making a hue and cry about HOA not being fair and being run by officials to further their causes.
Quote:
calling 911 and making videos for proof the moment we see someone not stopping at stop lights or speeding
I am sure you would do that if, GOD forbid, someone near and dear to you gets hurt in an accident. I know a guy, K S Anand, from gurgaon started a campaign after his son, Rahul Anand, died in an accident...google it and you would know what I am talking about..
Quote:
and illegal parking (and doing this to ourselves as well),
Let's see, you are trying to say that since we can not be the best kid in town, we should be the worst cry babies?
As for rest of the things you mentioned, I don't know many people who do them. These are not only unethical but wise people know that it is going to come back and bite them in the back, today or tomorrow.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Yes, we should do that before making a hue and cry about HOA not being fair and being run by officials to further their causes.
I am sure you would do that if, GOD forbid, someone near and dear to you gets hurt in an accident. I know a guy, K S Anand, from gurgaon started a campaign after his son, Rahul Anand, died in an accident...google it and you would know what I am talking about..
Let's see, you are trying to say that since we can not be the best kid in town, we should be the worst cry babies?
As for rest of the things you mentioned, I don't know many people who do them. These are not only unethical but wise people know that it is going to come back and bite them in the back, today or tomorrow.
Sounds like Conveniently righteous.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2007
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
Naruto will become famous soon enough Naruto will become famous soon enough

Hi
Can someone help answer my questions if possible. Now that EB2I/ EBC are U. what happen's to the usual spill over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2W? does the extra go toward EB3?
thanks

Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Sounds like Conveniently righteous.
I would rather be conveniently righteous than be a passive on-looker who has no constructive input to the solution other than complaining about how system is being exploited by others because enforcers are not doing their job.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
I would rather be conveniently righteous than be a passive on-looker who has no constructive input to the solution other than complaining about how system is being exploited by others because enforcers are not doing their job.
I cana rgue with you for evry point you say and mention but not woth it. Please go ahead and do it.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
Hi
Can someone help answer my questions if possible. Now that EB2I/ EBC are U. what happen's to the usual spill over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2W? does the extra go toward EB3?
thanks
I don't think there would be any spill over for this FY. Due to heavy demand of EB2IC, the projected visa numbers are pretty much used up for this fiscal. We might see spill over next year depending on how the dates progressing from Spring 2013.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
I cana rgue with you for evry point you say and mention but not woth it. Please go ahead and do it.
You are a wise man.