Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future ColdStone55 has a brilliant future
Default Stop complaining about fraud....

Just boggles my mind to see human nature.
Now these frustrated souls are turning on EB1 appliers. It's a certainty that they will not be benefited much if EB1 appliers are denied, but they sure would appreciate if others don't prosper if they can't.
I am on EB3 wait list for more than 8 years, working for a fortune 500 but was forced to shake out of complacence and reapply in EB2. Some of us here would treat that as robbing of their chance and akin to 'fraud'.
In my opinion people resort to shortcuts and loopholes if the system is rotten. The real blame lies at the feet of USCIS. How can they justify keeping people in queue for a decade for a 'future employment'. I have sacrificed my career's golden decade to laying still in a company in one position, just waiting for my green card. If this is the state of affairs here, people with an active brain will look for a loophole in this system to salvage their career, and I don't blame them one bit. If someone managed to get their Green Card through EB1 in 1 year, good for them, and best of luck to them.
This rotten system of keeping a person waiting for a decade while others pass them by thru other much shorter queues, ie EB1, or even ROW EB3, is a joke and does not pass common sense test. Even then USCIS chooses to impose these draconian restrictions of country limits etc causing such unfair situations which makes people look for a respite even if through loopholes.
All the talk about giving each country a fair shot is nonsense as countries don't get Green Card, people do, and it's people's not country's career that's at stake here.
So to each his/her own, if you find a way to beat this depressing wait, JUST DO IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKannan View Post
All these discussios are happening because of retrogression...If there was not retro, all EB's could have been genuine....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of slowwin has much to be proud of
Default I did that!

well, I ported from EB3 02/2007 to EB2 in 08/2007 and and GC approved in 08/2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdStone55 View Post
Just boggles my mind to see human nature.
Now these frustrated souls are turning on EB1 appliers. It's a certainty that they will not be benefited much if EB1 appliers are denied, but they sure would appreciate if others don't prosper if they can't.
I am on EB3 wait list for more than 8 years, working for a fortune 500 but was forced to shake out of complacence and reapply in EB2. Some of us here would treat that as robbing of their chance and akin to 'fraud'.
In my opinion people resort to shortcuts and loopholes if the system is rotten. The real blame lies at the feet of USCIS. How can they justify keeping people in queue for a decade for a 'future employment'. I have sacrificed my career's golden decade to laying still in a company in one position, just waiting for my green card. If this is the state of affairs here, people with an active brain will look for a loophole in this system to salvage their career, and I don't blame them one bit. If someone managed to get their Green Card through EB1 in 1 year, good for them, and best of luck to them.
This rotten system of keeping a person waiting for a decade while others pass them by thru other much shorter queues, ie EB1, or even ROW EB3, is a joke and does not pass common sense test. Even then USCIS chooses to impose these draconian restrictions of country limits etc causing such unfair situations which makes people look for a respite even if through loopholes.
All the talk about giving each country a fair shot is nonsense as countries don't get Green Card, people do, and it's people's not country's career that's at stake here.
So to each his/her own, if you find a way to beat this depressing wait, JUST DO IT.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea/guesstimate, how far the dates would move this coming october-2012 for eb2-India ?

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2012
Compare
frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute frustratingGC has a reputation beyond repute

You could be wrong. GOP is liberal in immigration and outsourcing than Democrats...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardesibabu View Post
Support IV is what we can do. If Obama comes back to power there is a greater probability of some progress towards Comprehensive Immigration Reform since it will be his second term and he won't have anything to lose by pushing the immigration agenda. If Romney comes to power, you can bet he won't touch the immigration issue in his first term.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone point me to the analysis, if there is one, about the movement for EB2/3 if 3012 is passed?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Can someone point me to the analysis, if there is one, about the movement for EB2/3 if 3012 is passed?
Interesting question. I dont think I've seen such an analysis on here. For the sake of back of the envelope calculations, I like to think of 3012 as creating a single pile for each EB category. Based on that, this is how FY2013 would end with HR3012 as law:
EB1 - C
EB2 - 01-JAN-2012 or later (assumes SOFAD from EB1 based on EB1 usage of ~20k in FY2013...the eventual date is based on the stabilized inventory data that would have all the applications accounted for...the latest inventory is still work in progress)
EB3 - 01-FEB-2006 (no SOFAD love in 2013 yet)
EB4 - C
EB5 - C

By end of FY2014, this will change even more significantly:
EB1, 2, 4, 5 - C
EB3 - 01-JAN-2008 (assuming demand in this category remains similar to past, known data of 30k per year)

At the end of FY2015, EB3 will be at 01-JAN-2010. Beyond this point, its hard to predict since there is no data available (either on PERM or on 140).

Again, HR3012 is a long way away from being reality.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
onefineday is on a distinguished road
Default ROW Retrogression??

I am trying to look at the demand data and pending inventory to understand why would there be a need for a cut-off for EB2 Worldwide? Given that there are 2.8K numbers per country, and only 11189 odd EB2 applications pending for ROW with neither Mexico nor Philippines exceeding 2.8K, why is the USCIS contemplating putting a cut-off for EB2-ROW? Philippines has 1348 pending applications which is more than the quarterly quota of 700.. would that be why?

Also, Teddy, what is your estimate for the dates in the October bulletin for EB2-I and EB3-I?

Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefineday View Post
IAlso, Teddy, what is your estimate for the dates in the October bulletin for EB2-I and EB3-I?
Would it not be nice to guy if you include a 'Please '

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

Teddy/Anyone Can you please guesstimate how much the dates would move in Oct-2012 ?
Don't think HR3012 would pass..

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 05-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vijatummala is on a distinguished road
Default My 2 Cents

EB2 Calculations - China and India pending inventory until 2008 is 25.5K and Estimated porting 3k. So total demand 28.5K.

India & China original quota 5.6k and Est. spill over from EB1, EB2 row, EB4 and EB5 is 23k for 2013. So total gc available 28.5k

My guess by October 2013, all the 2008 PD should get GC. It all depends on the spill over from EB1.

My estimate for October 2012 is Aug 2007 and for Nov/Dec 2012 is Mar 2008.

2009 and 2010 PD's will get their chance after October 2013.

Only hope is H.R. 3012 ...

Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
This is another problem happening these days RFE's are being issued for documents already being sent, refer to the following article on Murthy - MurthyDotCom : Murthy Takes Action: Texas Service Center RFE Trend
Jai mata di and may force be with you for your approval, you are probably one of the senior most on this thread waiting for GC.
Hello All: Here is the update on the RFE for I-140.
Response sent Thurs, May 17, 2012
USCIS update : Response received Mon, May 21, 2012
USCIS : Case Approved, Wed May 23, 2012

Thank you all for your having my family and me in your prayers and good wishes.
IV Rocks
Jai Mata Di
I140 Receipt Date:Jul 26, '07
I140 Approved Date:Apr 8, '08
2nd I140 Receipt Date:Jul 22, '11
I140 RFE Date:Mar 6, '12
I140 Approved Date:May 23, '12
I-485 Mailed Date:Feb 6, '13 Finally
I-485 Receipt Date:Feb 7, '13
I-485 Notice Date:Feb 12, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Approval:Mar 2, '13
EAD & Advance Parole Combo Card Recd Date:Mar 8, '13 (valid for 1 year)
Finger Print Notice date:Mar 29, '13

Old 05-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
Interesting question. I dont think I've seen such an analysis on here. For the sake of back of the envelope calculations, I like to think of 3012 as creating a single pile for each EB category. Based on that, this is how FY2013 would end with HR3012 as law:
EB1 - C
EB2 - 01-JAN-2012 or later (assumes SOFAD from EB1 based on EB1 usage of ~20k in FY2013...the eventual date is based on the stabilized inventory data that would have all the applications accounted for...the latest inventory is still work in progress)
EB3 - 01-FEB-2006 (no SOFAD love in 2013 yet)
EB4 - C
EB5 - C

By end of FY2014, this will change even more significantly:
EB1, 2, 4, 5 - C
EB3 - 01-JAN-2008 (assuming demand in this category remains similar to past, known data of 30k per year)

At the end of FY2015, EB3 will be at 01-JAN-2010. Beyond this point, its hard to predict since there is no data available (either on PERM or on 140).

Again, HR3012 is a long way away from being reality.
Thanks for the reply. Anyone else who can try and come up with an analysis?
Even if 3012 is passed, we have to remember that the actual visa availability will be staggered over 3 years..

Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2011
Compare
akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future
Default I-485 Approval - Should I believe it or wait...

Folks - I know this post will create some excitement.
Background – PD June 4, 2007, I-485 filed in early Oct, RFE late Feb (Birth Certificate missing or misplaced by USCUS), response to RFE recd by USCIS on Mar 9th. Initiated a SR on May 12th for myself by making the argument that RFE response period was over and when wife called the officer would not take the SR.
Recently moved within the town changed the address in USCIS system and got acknowledgement from USCIS in writing.
Today – Got an email from USCIS about case status update post undeliverable can affect processing time. Contacted USCIS asking why this message was sent, response from representative was that complaint cannot be logged as a SR is pending, wait till June 15. Called attorney they updated the address once more via USCIS website and said they would call USCIS. At noon time got email card production ordered for self, but no email for my wife if the case was approved or not.
Called USCIS again asking what the status is for my wife’s case, response of the representative was that the case is not yet beyond processing time….. words cannot describe what I felt like or wanted to say…. Took a deep breath and asked for the supervisor. The supervisor apologized for the first rep and created a SR for the wife’s case. Not sure if she will get her green card before October.
Should I trust the email that I got noon time saying card in production??? How is it possible if no visa is available for EB2-India?
Moral of the story as you all know USCIS and State Department are not to be believed, if case is current as per the documentation keep trying and do not go by hearsay or what USCIS/State Dept say till it is in writing.

Will update if I get the card in mail …. If it is sent to the right address etc…..saga may be over or to be continued….

Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations. and some hope for all of us!
was indeed wondering if this thread had died.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc052009 is on a distinguished road
Default GC Approvals in June?

In the other site, I didn't see approvals for normal applications after March for EB2 India. As 2 more moths have passed and June is the last month of the 3rd Q, shall we expect any regular approvals in June?