Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGP View Post
Hello All: Here is the update on the RFE for I-140.
Response sent Thurs, May 17, 2012
USCIS update : Response received Mon, May 21, 2012
USCIS : Case Approved, Wed May 23, 2012

Thank you all for your having my family and me in your prayers and good wishes.
IV Rocks
Jai Mata Di
Congratulations SGP this is a huge step forward. Most likely you will also be able to file your 485 around Dec 2012. EB3-I has moved over to a very dense zone and people around this zone are not porting.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayax View Post
Folks - I know this post will create some excitement.
Background – PD June 4, 2007, I-485 filed in early Oct, RFE late Feb (Birth Certificate missing or misplaced by USCUS), response to RFE recd by USCIS on Mar 9th. Initiated a SR on May 12th for myself by making the argument that RFE response period was over and when wife called the officer would not take the SR.
Recently moved within the town changed the address in USCIS system and got acknowledgement from USCIS in writing.
Today – Got an email from USCIS about case status update post undeliverable can affect processing time. Contacted USCIS asking why this message was sent, response from representative was that complaint cannot be logged as a SR is pending, wait till June 15. Called attorney they updated the address once more via USCIS website and said they would call USCIS. At noon time got email card production ordered for self, but no email for my wife if the case was approved or not.
Called USCIS again asking what the status is for my wife’s case, response of the representative was that the case is not yet beyond processing time….. words cannot describe what I felt like or wanted to say…. Took a deep breath and asked for the supervisor. The supervisor apologized for the first rep and created a SR for the wife’s case. Not sure if she will get her green card before October.
Should I trust the email that I got noon time saying card in production??? How is it possible if no visa is available for EB2-India?
Moral of the story as you all know USCIS and State Department are not to be believed, if case is current as per the documentation keep trying and do not go by hearsay or what USCIS/State Dept say till it is in writing.

Will update if I get the card in mail …. If it is sent to the right address etc…..saga may be over or to be continued….
akshayax thanks for sharing your case with us. I hope both you and your wife received your cards. The timing around your RFE response was way too close to the actual numbers running out, my own timelines were just 7 days before yours. When you filed AR-11 online did you also choose to update the address on your pending petitions? Unless that is done explicitly and separately the address on them would not get updated. Loss of BC has been a very common RFE around that time. I think you are green for sure because you received the CPO mail, there have been instances in the past when people have received CPO mails even after the dates have been current because the cap numbers for them were requested for when their dates were current. I hope though that both you and your wife are approved as normally they approve the dependents.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
AnandNJ will become famous soon enough AnandNJ will become famous soon enough
Default Unconfirmed Report posted that Sen. Grassley Having Lifted Hold on H.R. 3012

There is unconfirmed news report posted on Oh's site that Sen. Grassley's office confirmed that Senator Grassley had lifted hold on H.R. 3012, the legislative bill to eliminate per country limit to the employment-based immigration.

Source URL: Coveted visas are harder to get for tech startups - Michelle Quinn - POLITICO.com

Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2011
Compare
akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future akshayax has a brilliant future

Thanks Teddy - Still waiting for the actual card in mail and wife's case is still pending.
AR-11 was also connected with the pending cases at the time of address change and received official notification from the USCIS in writing, but some how or other did not get into the right database.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice sundarvap is just really nice

I went to the link posted by you, but I don't see any Information about HR3012.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I have a question, suppose massive layoffs are going to happen in the company then will it have a impact on perm audit case? Does dol considers the present situation or the situation when labor applied.
There are no layoffs in our dept but rest of the company will have 1000 layoffs.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_t View Post
Guys I have a question, suppose massive layoffs are going to happen in the company then will it have a impact on perm audit case? Does dol considers the present situation or the situation when labor applied.
There are no layoffs in our dept but rest of the company will have 1000 layoffs.
AFAIK you should not be impacted. The entire process is based on the premise that there is nobody with your skills. Layoff's may just bring the company into limelight and invite extra scrutiny, since your case is already in audit it will probably be examined more thoroughly, be ready for the long haul. In some cases these days DOL is requesting supervised recruitments. Couple of years back there was noise to debar companies that layoff of a certain number of people to be barred for 6 months from both H1 and GC processes but that provision never made it, it may however be on the wish list of anti-immigrants at large.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
100mya has a spectacular aura about 100mya has a spectacular aura about
Default Not department but entire company

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_t View Post
I had asked the same question way back when... the answer i got is its the entire company how many people with the same profile as your's. They dont consider the present situation but when the labor was filed, but at times they ask for the latest layoff report as well if your labor has been pending for a long time to make sure that they have the current data before approving your case. Hope it helps and please let me know if you find out i am wrong.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute anu_t has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't understand ur post properly. But here is the situation. Labor applied in Dec. went into random audit. When applied for labor there were no lay offs.
Now company suddenly declared lay offs. So now the question is will dol consider current situation or the past one when there were no lay offs?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2011
Compare
mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute mzc123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayax View Post
Folks - I know this post will create some excitement.
Background – PD June 4, 2007, I-485 filed in early Oct, RFE late Feb (Birth Certificate missing or misplaced by USCUS), response to RFE recd by USCIS on Mar 9th. Initiated a SR on May 12th for myself by making the argument that RFE response period was over and when wife called the officer would not take the SR.
Recently moved within the town changed the address in USCIS system and got acknowledgement from USCIS in writing.
Today – Got an email from USCIS about case status update post undeliverable can affect processing time. Contacted USCIS asking why this message was sent, response from representative was that complaint cannot be logged as a SR is pending, wait till June 15. Called attorney they updated the address once more via USCIS website and said they would call USCIS. At noon time got email card production ordered for self, but no email for my wife if the case was approved or not.
Called USCIS again asking what the status is for my wife’s case, response of the representative was that the case is not yet beyond processing time….. words cannot describe what I felt like or wanted to say…. Took a deep breath and asked for the supervisor. The supervisor apologized for the first rep and created a SR for the wife’s case. Not sure if she will get her green card before October.
Should I trust the email that I got noon time saying card in production??? How is it possible if no visa is available for EB2-India?
Moral of the story as you all know USCIS and State Department are not to be believed, if case is current as per the documentation keep trying and do not go by hearsay or what USCIS/State Dept say till it is in writing.

Will update if I get the card in mail …. If it is sent to the right address etc…..saga may be over or to be continued….
Congratulations to you... hope you and your wife get the cards soon..

weird thing, my PD is around yours as well as Oct filer (just that no RFE) and I raised a SR as soon as TSC showed processing time as Nov-1 sometime mid-May and within a week, I got a letter from them stating that I need to wait another 7-9 months as there are no visa numbers available. Looks like, my case never got allocated with a visa number and hence, never got a RFE. Seems like, sometimes RFE is a good thing to happen

Based off their letter, does it mean, EB2-I will remain U for the next 7-9 months, even after we enter new fiscal year in Oct 2012?

Old 06-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NillNickson has a spectacular aura about NillNickson has a spectacular aura about NillNickson has a spectacular aura about

HI everyone,
How can 24k SOFAD move dates to March 2007, while 26.5K SOFAD moves to JAN 2007?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
100mya has a spectacular aura about 100mya has a spectacular aura about
Default Out of topic question

Sorry guys couldnt find a separate thread so asking it here....

Today i received a SMS that my case status has been updated. I thought the order was Acceptance --> Initial review. So from the beginning my case was in Initial review and today it went back to Acceptance, just wanted to know if its normal?

Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rkgc is on a distinguished road
Default Some mass update?

Same thing happened to my case also today. might be doing some mass update on the back-end...

Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I485 Status now in 'Acceptance'

All my cases switched to Acceptance from Initial Review.Some kind of mass update must be going on. Initially I thought it was related to my recent address change request.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of
Default Got the same e-mail

I got the same e-mail as Acceptance.