Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/28/2011
Compare
coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great report, thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhari View Post
Please see the file attached, EB2 total has gone up by 21980 and EB3 total has gone down by 10800. Also, remember that the in and out numbers (for which we don't have the info) during this period are not part of this calculation.

Moreover, from looking at the overall grand total which is much less than the total allocated per year, it looks like fighting for elimination of family based from the EB quota sounds like a better option to clear the backlog sooner than just the country cap.

However, anything to reduce the backlog should help the badly hit EB-3 folks (like me).

Thanks
Great report, thanks for sharing
I-140
Applied 12/31/2008
Approved 01/26/2009
Contributed $75 ...
Contributed $100 for 2011 DC Advocacy days...
Help IV, Help yourself.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhari View Post
Please see the file attached, EB2 total has gone up by 21980 and EB3 total has gone down by 10800. Also, remember that the in and out numbers (for which we don't have the info) during this period are not part of this calculation.

Moreover, from looking at the overall grand total which is much less than the total allocated per year, it looks like fighting for elimination of family based from the EB quota sounds like a better option to clear the backlog sooner than just the country cap.

However, anything to reduce the backlog should help the badly hit EB-3 folks (like me).

Thanks
Thank you for compiling this. If there are any questions that we can ask USCIS/DOS let us know. We had worked for sometime to propose significant advancement of dates. Now that more members are enjoying the EAD benefits and there is enough in the pipeline dates have gone back. We have not spoken on the visa movement after the dates went back. But if there are questions let us know. We think the dates will move in a more organized manner now that there are enough I485 applications.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 06-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/28/2011
Compare
coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute coldcloud has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there a way to know the status on RFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Thank you for compiling this. If there are any questions that we can ask USCIS/DOS let us know. We had worked for sometime to propose significant advancement of dates. Now that more members are enjoying the EAD benefits and there is enough in the pipeline dates have gone back. We have not spoken on the visa movement after the dates went back. But if there are questions let us know. We think the dates will move in a more organized manner now that there are enough I485 applications.
Pappu,
I would like to know if USCIS will work on response to RFE submitted for ED2I cases though the dates are U, to have them pre-adjudicated. Also is it possible for applicants to contact USCIS and know if the applications are pre-adjudicated or are not?
I-140
Applied 12/31/2008
Approved 01/26/2009
Contributed $75 ...
Help IV, Help yourself.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Friends this week a very large number of people have posted that their cases went from Initial review to Acceptance.

In 2011 the inventory and demand data figures were quite close note that the demand data also includes CP cases.

I believe in light of the mass update in status the EB2 I/C cases have been kept in cold storage for sometime as if we go by literal meaning Initial review should follow acceptance, changing the status back to acceptance may indicate that they do not want to review the cases now. This is just my own hypothesis and I may be wrong. Right now USCIS is focusing on EB2 ROW and EB1 cases and hopefully by Oct 2012 they will have the backlog for these categories to the normal range.

The current backlog however absolutely cannot be less than the inventory. I do hope that they would be removing the approved cases from the Inventory, the next inventory would definitely clear the air about year 2009 and 2010 my own judgment has been that inventory for these years will rise as it was a WIP situation when the inventory was released last time.

From Approvals Primary EB2 ROW cases.
FY 2011 Primary Cases - 507
FY 2011 Primary Cases (Oct to May) - 324
FY 2012 Primary Cases (Oct to May) 315

This indicates that ROW approvals are coming at exactly the same rate as last year till now. Last year the Aug and Sep bulletins were mild to disappointing for EB2 I/C and this time they are U. The numbers show that ROW approvals were higher in the last months (Even at that time there were talks of huge EB2 ROW and EB1 demand) this time the question is how far EB2 I/C have crosses the haloed lines. I personally believe that EB2 ROW will not retrogress because they will still get some numbers from EB1 and EB5. Lets wait and watch the VB should be out very soon.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tole can only hope to improve
Default EB2 forecast for next few years

Teddy/Pappu and experts,

Considering all the facts till date and Demand data released today, what is the best prediction for EB2 cutoff dates movements for next 2 years?
My own cuttoff date is June 2011 and if HR3012 or similar bill does not pass then it might take 2-4 years at least to become 2011 current??

Thanks in advance..

-tole

Contributed 150 to IV... everybody should consider helping the IV...

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute sanhari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you

Quote:
Pappu, Sure, I will let you know, thank you for the response.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts fatboysam is infamous around these parts
Default EAD receieved for myself but not for my wifw

Friends,

Yesterday I received EAD/AP for myself, but not for my wife. Is this normal ?
Her status is still Initial review.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
100mya has a spectacular aura about 100mya has a spectacular aura about
Default Dont worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboysam View Post
Friends,

In my case the exactly opposite happened . My wife got lucky and her EAD got approved before me. But a week later mine also got approved. If you ask me based on my experience its normal

Old 06-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcloud View Post
Pappu,
I would like to know if USCIS will work on response to RFE submitted for ED2I cases though the dates are U, to have them pre-adjudicated. Also is it possible for applicants to contact USCIS and know if the applications are pre-adjudicated or are not?
RFE can be given anytime even if the dates are U. Pre- adjudication can happen or any other audit can happen when an application is not current. Pre- adjudication: I think this is a big confusion area and people take too much tension for it and waste time asking a status for it. Its no use. One can get an RFE even after the case has been Pre- adjudicated. Pre- adjudication is just an internal process. Likewise stop worrying about LUDs and tracking them. It is a waste of time. It only helps increase anxiety and increase profits of websites when people choose to track and discuss it. Folks who understand how system work will not care for LUDs and Pre- adjudication.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 06-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboysam View Post
Friends,

They are 2 separate applications. Many times they can get approved together. But approval not coming together is not unusual.

===================
-----------

Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcloud View Post
I have three cases in Texas, PD Aug 2007. 2 with RFE response review - no changes, 1 Initial review no changes.
Is it EAD application or GC application in Texas.

Last year we were asked issues for this service center from our members and we asked in the donor forum to help any member. If there is some extraordinary delay in a service center we can take it up. But there should be many people facing the same issue.

===================
-----------

Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/28/2011
Compare
Default These are I-485 applications.

Quote:
Is it EAD application or GC application in Texas.

Last year we were asked issues for this service center from our members and we asked in the donor forum to help any member. If there is some extraordinary delay in a service center we can take it up. But there should be many people facing the same issue.
These are I-485 applications. While many cases in Texas that were in Initial review status got moved back to acceptance step, our's one of the application is still in the initial review status from 2011 Nov 29 without any change.
I-140
Applied 12/31/2008
Approved 01/26/2009
Contributed $75 ...
Help IV, Help yourself.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute np5337 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration lessons for the U.S. from around the world - CNN Fareed Zakaria's Show

http://globalpublic.blogs.cnn.com/20...und-the-world/

Will this help IV? What do you guys think?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by np5337 View Post

Will this help IV? What do you guys think?
Your link was incorrect. Here's the correct link.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldiwait View Post
s