Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Eb2 I and C is As expected. However do not agree with EB2 ROW assessment. It should have been moving forward significantly in the last quarter. It may need discussion with DOS to understand what were the reasons to guesstimate its unavailability.
Pappu the approvals for EB2 I/C cases in Feb and March this year was way ahead of fundamentals. There was absolutely no decline in EB2 ROW this year and EB1 did not give any SOFAD. EB5 would also give lesser spillover considering extensive promotions going on. This way overall SOFAD to EB2 I/C would be closer to 20K assuming last year it was 34K with 12K less for Eb1 and at least 2K less for EB5. By liberal estimates EB2 I/C have already received 25K.
When the year started most predictions though often called pessimistic had suggested a date of Oct - Dec 2007. It was really good that people till May 2010 got a chance to file 485's I believe that count of cases was absolutely incorrect for that to have happened though but very good that everyone benefited.

Many of us including me were benefited by the feb - mar approval windfall this year. Unfortunately we still have some PWMB cases still waiting. With the current situation in Oct 2012 the date for Eb2 I/C will be set at 01-Aug-2007 so that just PWMB and porting cases from Jul 2007 fiasco times are eligible.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute dkshitij has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know all the facts. So please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I think the indiscriminate movement of EB2-IC led to unusual number of approvals. Which made it necessary to retrogress EB2-IC. In fact, this move has back fired so badly, that now even EB2-ROW is retrogressed.

EB2-ROW retrogression will have damaging effects on EB2 as whole. The effect the accumulation of EB2-ROW cases will reduce SOFAD in FY2013 to nearly zero, and eventually, turning EB2 into another EB3 category for EB2-IC applicants.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdlrao View Post
Teddy,

EB2 ROW doesn't need to be current for getting spill over to EB2 I/C. All it needs is any given country in EB3 ROW, may utilize of 1/3(7% of 1,2000) = 2,800 will automotically go the remaining visas to most retrogressed in EB2 category..
We had a long discussion on the thread could of days back. My understanding is that spillover happens to the most retrogressed countries in any category if and only if all countries in that category are current. So basically until EB2 ROW is current things will be quite bad because not only will EB2 ROW consume its own quota but will absorb any Eb1 and Eb5 spillover as well.
Here is the INA 202 Link - INA: ACT 202 - NUMERICAL LIMITATION TO ANY SINGLE FOREIGN STATE

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthisagar View Post
Its ridiculuous and there is no visible movement to EB-3 India for at least 4 years now. The spillover law interpretation is one of the reason. And this is really injustice done visibly. Eb-2 is no way higher category to EB3.. now the Eb-2 keyboard tigers don't jump by saying port-bay port.. that will not work.

How can a non-profit organisation recommend to USCIS/DOS for the Visa date movement.. it is something fishy inbetween the cup and the lip. It is really stupid to give all the visas to EB-2 India while Eb-3 India date is 2002, why can't IV recommend to make spillover to EB-3 India to their USCIS/DOS contacts. Now don't say participate.. and do that. if You guys can recommend to USCIS/DOS for forward movement of date.. There is something doing on the law interpretation change . I may get lot of reds for this.. but who cares?? The same bribery and favouritism in India is in US immigratin also now.
Sakthisagar refer to the following post below.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/2908330-post3691.html
In summary the spillover rule did not impact EB3-I in anyway basically before retrogression kicked in it was a free for all going on and cases were being approved left and right. The numbers were enough because the bottlenecks were at the perm and 140 stages but once perm and 140 got streamlined the backlog shifted to 485. So EB3-I is a victim of processes being streamlined kind of collateral damage. EB2-I/C did gain at the expense of EB3 ROW.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB5 is not looking good, taht could be reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Eb2 I and C is As expected. However do not agree with EB2 ROW assessment. It should have been moving forward significantly in the last quarter. It may need discussion with DOS to understand what were the reasons to guesstimate its unavailability.
The State Department expects to issue over 6,000 "investor visas" in the current fiscal year, which would be an all-time record.

That explains why they are not expecting spill over to EB2 row / I / C and guessing U for them.

Citizenship for sale: Foreign investors flock to U.S. - Yahoo! Finance

Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute rorlig has a reputation beyond repute

or they have been told that hr 3012 will pass hence are holding the visas for ROW

Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dev74 is infamous around these parts Dev74 is infamous around these parts Dev74 is infamous around these parts Dev74 is infamous around these parts Dev74 is infamous around these parts Dev74 is infamous around these parts Dev74 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Guys even I received a soft lud, email and texts for approved EAD / AP for self and spouse just a short while back. I do wonder what happening they likely made them redundant as my GC was approved 3 months back.

On the status changing back from Initial Review to Acceptance refer to my post
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3460010 (EB2-EB3 Predictions (Rather Calculations II))

I have a hypothesis that they are essentially keeping the cases in cold storage probably in their systems cases in initial Review will show up on the officer’s queue but acceptance will not. Till Oct there is no chance of Eb2 I/C dates opening up.
Apart from my I485 application went back to "Acceptance" status, I got other messages for EAD and AP

"Post Decision Activity
On January XX, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocation".

Every one who got notification for their I485 status change...also got notfication for their approved EAD and AP?

Is this notification of any significance or just some glitch?

Old 06-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev74 View Post
Apart from my I485 application went back to "Acceptance" status, I got other messages for EAD and AP

"Post Decision Activity
On January XX, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocation".

Every one who got notification for their I485 status change...also got notfication for their approved EAD and AP?

Most of the time when these messages are generated there is some kind of update on the case or someone touched it. I believe the I485 case update that you received does indicate some kind of action whereas the EAD / AP might just be redundant.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts senram is infamous around these parts

There should be a lot of difference in EB2 and EB3. But consulting companies are using loopholes to apply in EB2. If the person is working as a contractor in oracle he can apply in EB2 if a person is having Master or BS with 5 years exp. But if same person applies as an employee he can apply in EB3. This is a manipulation of EB system. So you cannot justify. If you go to USCIS this issue it will open many issues to Indian immigration community. So it is wise for you to use the current system(You can try to upgrade to Eb2).
or If you are luckier Hr 3012 or expansion of EB system happens then you can get GC faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthisagar View Post
Its ridiculuous and there is no visible movement to EB-3 India for at least 4 years now. The spillover law interpretation is one of the reason. And this is really injustice done visibly. Eb-2 is no way higher category to EB3.. now the Eb-2 keyboard tigers don't jump by saying port-bay port.. that will not work.

How can a non-profit organisation recommend to USCIS/DOS for the Visa date movement.. it is something fishy inbetween the cup and the lip. It is really stupid to give all the visas to EB-2 India while Eb-3 India date is 2002, why can't IV recommend to make spillover to EB-3 India to their USCIS/DOS contacts. Now don't say participate.. and do that. if You guys can recommend to USCIS/DOS for forward movement of date.. There is something doing on the law interpretation change . I may get lot of reds for this.. but who cares?? The same bribery and favouritism in India is in US immigratin also now.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
scoobydoo is on a distinguished road
Smile Duration of latest EAD approvals.

Quote:
Most of the time when these messages are generated there is some kind of update on the case or someone touched it. I believe the I485 case update that you received does indicate some kind of action whereas the EAD / AP might just be redundant.
HI,
I would like to know that duration of latest EAD approvals, Please let us know.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
scoobydoo is on a distinguished road
Smile Duration of latest EAD approvals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev74 View Post

"Post Decision Activity

HI,
I would like to know that duration of latest EAD approvals, Please let us know.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We had a long discussion on the thread could of days back. My understanding is that spillover happens to the most retrogressed countries in any category if and only if all countries in that category are current. So basically until EB2 ROW is current things will be quite bad because not only will EB2 ROW consume its own quota but will absorb any Eb1 and Eb5 spillover as well.
Here is the INA 202 Link - INA: ACT 202 - NUMERICAL LIMITATION TO ANY SINGLE FOREIGN STATE
Sorry, I could not figure the place where the SOFAD is discussed in the link you mentioned. Could you please quote the text from the article?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should just let this cloud pass off and soon it will be sunny again. Guestimations without knowledge of the numbers of ROW cases pending is rather useless. Yes the status might have changed since Jan/feb and more cases that were under rfe or other blocks might have now been cleared and added to the inventory but without numbers we are just confusing ourselves.
We need some information on the numbers of EB2 I/C prior to Dec 07 (or Aug 07).
We also need information on the inventory for EB2 ROW.
This will help predict the movements for the next year and bring more clarity into this discussion.
As Pappu and Teddy pointed out the movments for EB2 I/C was expected but that for ROW is a bit confusing without ROW inventory numbers.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the change of status to acceptance from initial review it could also be a system error or something like that? wondering whether any ROW folks also had their status go to acceptance?

Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all

Quote:
Not true Teddy. This was an across-the-board glitch yesterday and day before. Their system sent a status update to pretty much everyone that is signed up for email/sms notifications. Spoke to an L2 and he said there was absolutely no change in my file.