Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute eyeswe has a reputation beyond repute

- Porting cases have been piling up now as EB2 I/C is unavailable they will have earlier PD than PWMB cases.
.[/quote]

Teddy - Obviously i am not familiar with the mechanics and so a dumb question. If the category is U, how will the porting cases pile up since they may not have had a chance to file at all, right? Or may be I am missing something. I do agree though that once the dates open up next year, the porting cases will come right in...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeswe View Post
- Porting cases have been piling up now as EB2 I/C is unavailable they will have earlier PD than PWMB cases.
Teddy - Obviously i am not familiar with the mechanics and so a dumb question. If the category is U, how will the porting cases pile up since they may not have had a chance to file at all, right? Or may be I am missing something. I do agree though that once the dates open up next year, the porting cases will come right in...[/quote]

Most of the porting cases are from those individuals who have already filed I485 under EB3 I/C. To port now they just need a approved I140 and interfiling request these are the cases that are piling up precisely because the category is unavailable.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Most of the porting cases
Teddy:

I just saw someone posted this link on another forum. Do you know about this? Is this your blog?
Immigrant in America

What happens if I don't get approved ead before the expiry of my current ead? Is this happening for real?

Thank You for serving the community

Old 09-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Teddy:

I just saw someone posted this link on another forum. Do you know about this? Is this your blog?
Immigrant in America

What happens if I don't get approved ead before the expiry of my current ead? Is this happening for real?

Thank You for serving the community
I have read about some cases about EAD delay here on IV and elsewhere. I read the blog link that you posted, Iam not the author of that blog or remotely connected to it in anyway.
My personal take is a lot of this is fear psychosis; situation may not be all that bad. What you can do however is to file as early as possible so that you have maximum time and file online so that your application reaches in time. If still there is a delay best way is to follow up creating a SR or calling the 1800# etc best to escalate before time. If even that does not work contact / escalate via congressman / senator anything is better than losing oneís job.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare

Over the last few days I have observed that there are certain individuals who visit this thread for the sole objective of ridiculing and vilifying the very essence and purpose of this thread. The sole purpose of this thread is to help individuals better understand the wait times ahead.

This thread is by all means supportive of advocacy and HR3012 in fact any sane individual from a retrogressed country would be supportive of a bill like HR 3012 irrespective of belonging to EB2 or EB3. This is the only thread where time and again people have learnt about the true benefit of HR 3012 in terms of where dates would move for EB2 and EB3 India.

This is the second version of this thread and has already attracted 1.8 million visits the first one was retired after 5 million. You can imagine the power of this magnetic thread not only do the individuals benefit in the process but IV itself which is the sole beneficiary in terms of getting any benefits of page views (PS Ė I am compelled to say this because some individuals keep talking about it with a very negative connotation) and getting new individuals to the site out of which a select few would become volunteers and advocates.

On any forum typing in all caps, using large font or simply using demeaning language is against any form of decorum and courtesy expected of highly educated individuals. I can understand that it is important to motivate individuals however itís best to stick to the specific threads already running or that purpose, so its best to keep individual feelings / situation away in the interest of larger good for all. I hope the moderators would be fair to all, I do understand that they may be hard pressed for time. PS Ė Iam not a moderator even though my Id may show that.

Finally I would urge all to let the constructive discussion continue here and critique of methodology, predictions and calculations is very welcome in fact that has been the backbone of this thread. This thread is well beyond any individual itís a great medium that we have to help each other and share information to the benefit of everyone. So letís have the free flow of information going for the benefit of all.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Over the last few days I have observed that there are certain individuals who visit this thread for the sole objective of ridiculing and vilifying the very essence and purpose of this thread. The sole purpose of this thread is to help individuals better understand the wait times ahead.

This thread is by all means supportive of advocacy and HR3012 in fact any sane individual from a retrogressed country would be supportive of a bill like HR 3012 irrespective of belonging to EB2 or EB3. This is the only thread where time and again people have learnt about the true benefit of HR 3012 in terms of where dates would move for EB2 and EB3 India.

This is the second version of this thread and has already attracted 1.8 million visits the first one was retired after 5 million. You can imagine the power of this magnetic thread not only do the individuals benefit in the process but IV itself which is the sole beneficiary in terms of getting any benefits of page views (PS Ė I am compelled to say this because some individuals keep talking about it with a very negative connotation) and getting new individuals to the site out of which a select few would become volunteers and advocates.

On any forum typing in all caps, using large font or simply using demeaning language is against any form of decorum and courtesy expected of highly educated individuals. I can understand that it is important to motivate individuals however itís best to stick to the specific threads already running or that purpose, so its best to keep individual feelings / situation away in the interest of larger good for all. I hope the moderators would be fair to all, I do understand that they may be hard pressed for time. PS Ė Iam not a moderator even though my Id may show that.

Finally I would urge all to let the constructive discussion continue here and critique of methodology, predictions and calculations is very welcome in fact that has been the backbone of this thread. This thread is well beyond any individual itís a great medium that we have to help each other and share information to the benefit of everyone. So letís have the free flow of information going for the benefit of all.
Thank you Teddy.
Everyone, please help keep the thread clean. We all need to behave in a mature manner. This thread's moderation has been one of the most difficult task.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

From Shusterman's update, they approved 35K PERM in FY 2012. It will be safe to assume a similar number this year. Multiplying by a factor of 2, it turns to around 70 K Visa numbers. If we assume around 50 K in EB2 (rarely someone goes for EB3 now ) that eats up more than EB2 allocation. With only EB1 left over coming to India/China, I do not think we will see a great movement this year. Probably just a few months, that too by end of Fiscal

Old 09-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have read about some cases about EAD delay here on IV and elsewhere. I read the blog link that you posted, Iam not the author of that blog or remotely connected to it in anyway.
My personal take is a lot of this is fear psychosis; situation may not be all that bad. What you can do however is to file as early as possible so that you have maximum time and file online so that your application reaches in time. If still there is a delay best way is to follow up creating a SR or calling the 1800# etc best to escalate before time. If even that does not work contact / escalate via congressman / senator anything is better than losing oneís job.
I checked Immigrant in America think it is possible. There has not been any effort to recruit new people to handle all the undocumented kids cases (1.7 million) . So in a few months this will become a big issue for all of us trying to get EAD, H1B etc. I think there is a reason why everyone is quiet or speaking in a quiet tone about this problem. The 1.7 million application is a huge bonus for immigration professionals and they do not want to raise any flags and oppose it. Moreover extra delays mean more business.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

83 people viewing this thread right now. How many of you are coming for the SUMMIT.

How many of you updated your signatures so that guests can get more information on SUMMIT?

How many of you called a friend and convinced them to attend the SUMMIT.

I have made 400 calls. How many did you make?

RIGHT NOW IV FOCUS IS SUMMIT. WE NEED ALL THREADS ON MAIN PAGE FOCUSED ON SUMMIT.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Last edited by needhelp!; 09-05-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: summit

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Btw , this issue does not affect me personally. So i can always focus my energies elsewhere. Thanks for allowing me to shout the truth so that people pretending to be deaf will feel the vibrations.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Friends,

For too many years, we have seen visa bulletins month after month and year after year that do not move at all for 3 or 4 countries, mainly India, China, Mexico and Philippines. For too many years, we have seen that our colleagues with same education and skills, who were not born in India or China, are ready to take oath of citizenship, while we are still refreshing visa bulletins on first Friday of each month. Since 2005, the wait times for India and China, especially in EB3 category have been around 8-15 years, just because we were born in India and China. And others have leap-frogged ahead years ago just because they were born elsewhere. Since when did country of birth become a job skill?

If you feel that system needs change, then you need to show up for change.

Change will not come by hoping that others will show up. Change will not come by playing cricket and sitting around in social parties on Saturday discussing visa bulletins. Change will not come by praying for better visa bulletins. Members of Congress are not going to go door to door and ask if you have an issue that they can solve. They will wait for you to show up again and again. They will need to know that you are serious. And they will act on things only if they know for sure that you are serious about your own issue.

We are having Fairness and Freedom this Saturday, 8th September in downtown San Jose. We need to send a strong message to members of Congress in Washington DC that we have a very unfair system and we are asking them to do right by us by passing H.R. 3012. We are counting on every one of you to show up, especially the local residents who live in the Bay area. This is a family friendly event and maximum participation is encouraged, so please come with your family members. Click here to RSVP.

Event Schedule:

∑ 10 AM – 12 PM. Circle of palms Plaza in Downtown San Jose.

Address: 150 South Market Street, San Jose, CA.

Event details: H.R. 3012 bill update, Introductions, Registration, Live music band, Q&A with Immigration Voice core team members, collect your free Immigration Voice T-shirt.

∑ 12 PM to 1 PM: Small afternoon snack will be arranged. After this event, we walk to next event at San Jose Center for Performing Arts. It’s a short 10-12 minute walk. (0.3 miles).

∑ 1 PM to 4 PM. San Jose Center for performing arts.

Address: 255 Almaden Boulevard, San Jose, CA

Event details: National Anthem by Jessica Johnson, Welcome Address, Speech from Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, Q&A with Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, Video address by Congressman Jason Chaffetz, Immigration Voice documentary on H.R. 3012, Panel discussion with Immigration and legislation experts, small comedy event, address to the crowd from Immigration Voice core team members, “God Bless America” by Jessica Johnson. The event will also be attended by high ranking official of DHS who overlooks immigration policy and also key industry entrepreneurs and leaders of high-tech community.

Please RSVP for this event as soon as possible if you are attending. Click here to RSVP.

Please plan to attend on time and bring your family with you. If you can bring your friends or colleagues who are also stuck in green-card waiting limbo, we would really appreciate it.

Stand up for yourself and your family. No one else will stand up for you. You have to do this for yourself.

Team IV

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
From Shusterman's update, they approved 35K PERM in FY 2012. It will be safe to assume a similar number this year. Multiplying by a factor of 2, it turns to around 70 K Visa numbers. If we assume around 50 K in EB2 (rarely someone goes for EB3 now ) that eats up more than EB2 allocation. With only EB1 left over coming to India/China, I do not think we will see a great movement this year. Probably just a few months, that too by end of Fiscal
If I understand your post correct:

35K PERM approved similar to FY 2012.
i.e. = 25K EB2 + 10K EB3
and you are saying 50K EB2 = 25K EB2 * 2 for dependendants

doesn't this 50K consists of all world wide applications?
If so 25K EB2 shoukd be split as India + China+ROW = 10K + 3K + 12K.
Then only 12K * 2 = 24K will be consumed from FY 2013 by ROW applications. Because EB2-I and EB2-C will go to backlog queue.

If total EB2 is ~40K per year, then we still have 40K - 24K ~= 16K for EB2 I+C.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
From Shusterman's update, they approved 35K PERM in FY 2012.
Please provide the link for reference.

In other website it says 49,700. Check the link http://www.myvisajobs.com/Document/P...-July-2012.pdf.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb_newsletter View Post
Please provide the link for reference.

In other website it says 49,700. Check the link http://www.myvisajobs.com/Document/P...-July-2012.pdf.
Ok I jumped the gun.

It is 49,700 applications received and 34,900 applications certified.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
The link (http://www.myvisajobs.com/Document/P...-July-2012.pdf) also gives the below shown distribution, which would be helpful to guesstimate EB2 number.

Minimum Education Requirements
======================
Advanced Degree** -- 18,000 (51%)
Bachelorís Degree ----- 13,600 (39%)
Other ------------------- 2,000 (6%)
Less than Bachelorís -- 1,300 (4%)