Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
worldforce is on a distinguished road
Default go ahead with your vacation

Even if HR 3012 becomes law of the land today, the possibility of PD Dec 2005 becoming current by December 2012 is slim to none. Don't let anticipation impact your vacation. Go ahead with your plan and enjoy your vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammman View Post
Have similar kinda q...if I have a PD of Dec2005 do we have any chance by dec 2012?
I'm planning on vacation to INDIA and wasnt sure if this would have any adverse affect on GC?
Would appreciate any thoughts !
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2012
Compare
baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute baangdus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Friends the bulletin is beyond doubt disappointing. Couple of things.
- Porting is happening quite heavily even for 2003 folks for India.
- The more significant bad news is that EB2 ROW is not current and from the current date it looks like it might take a minimum of a quarter to get current.
- EB2 ROW and EB1 hold the real key to the fortunes this year. EB1 usage will be higher primarily because the effect of the Kazarian Memo is waning and EB1-C is rising. For EB2 ROW the backlog is the concern.
- EB3-I is in a very dense zone and will move only 1 week per VB, this will cause porting to accelerate.
Porting may or may not be that heavy. From latest pending inventory, there are some 300 numbers pending before Oct 04. So it may be possible that USCIS is going by available numbers for per country limit and hence playing it safe till they see any spill over sometime mid year. If that is the case we will continue to see gradual increase in EB2 I dates till it hit July 07 date again in few months. Than it may get stalled depending on spill over and/or porting affects.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Friends the bulletin is beyond doubt disappointing. Couple of things.
- Porting is happening quite heavily even for 2003 folks for India.
- The more significant bad news is that EB2 ROW is not current and from the current date it looks like it might take a minimum of a quarter to get current.
- EB2 ROW and EB1 hold the real key to the fortunes this year. EB1 usage will be higher primarily because the effect of the Kazarian Memo is waning and EB1-C is rising. For EB2 ROW the backlog is the concern.
- EB3-I is in a very dense zone and will move only 1 week per VB, this will cause porting to accelerate.
Looks like porting is happening heavily. I know various numbers have been crunched already and we all know there is not enough visas available for certain countries at time time and hence this slow movement. Just looking at the I-485 Inventory from 05/03/2012 .. The pending I-485's for India prior to 2004 was about 350+. This group for EB2 prior to 04 was current since FY10 (Oct '09). The new additions with earlier PD for this category mostly likely comes due to porting. Also the count for porting is hard to estimate and until an I-140 is filed with request to PORT PD and approved, it does not show up in demand. Also from people I know who ported and got GC this year, these get an RFE for I-485 asking which I-140 job they are working and EVL ,etc.. before their case approve. So this demand is hidden until the actual I-485 approval. It will be interesting to see how the new I-485 Inventory due this month, if the pattern is followed. The EB3 number though very little, still seems to reduce over time. Also these folks usually have dependents and they consume numbers too. So if for example, 300+ people port, they easily can consume 700+ visa numbers. Although we can crunch all these numbers
and do what ever it takes, there is no solution that will address the problem immediately. The demand and supply is not proportional in this case for some people who belong to certain countries. Only congress can fix this and that is the only solution available. We just need to work with the core on the action items they have. The longer EB2 is taking to move, the porting will increase. Though many EB3 are stuck with not being able to port, these people have survived here for more than a decade. Some even 15 or more years. There are just hanging on to the jobs as long they can, but if forced out, with the years of experience and contact,, they would move on and explore to port, if they switch job. We will know sooner or later.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavanV View Post
Legal servitude extended, this is a wake up call for me, actually a good thing for me, time to head back,time to flush the green card dreams down the ghetto gutter.
Waiting all the prime time of life (25 to 35 age) for one thing called Green Card.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdlrao View Post
Waiting all the prime time of life (25 to 35 age) for one thing called Green Card.
life goes on - with or without green card.. would life really be that different with a green card? don't think so

Old 09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute sep_2011_PD has a reputation beyond repute

it would be different for me since i am on a H4. and this is the prime work time for me

Old 09-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
life goes on - with or without green card.. would life really be that different with a green card? don't think so
Not sure about lot of people, but for me it would certainly be different. There are some ideas I want to implement which is not possible without having to secure five year stay in US.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts pattangi is infamous around these parts

Feel sorry for EB3 folks waiting since 2003....they should all port to EB2 and get out of this mess. i think EB3 porting to EB2 is widely accepted by USCIS without any issues...heard good things on this process.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute insider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dec 2002 EB3I

Would you know approximately by when this category and priority date can become current?

P.S. After a certain time (e.g. a decade or more of working in the US) GC doesnt matter for career related aspects (that boat has already sailed by). However it does remove nuisance value of having to prove your (barely legal) status for minor things (e.g. a driver's license).

If you are young and new to the US, having a GC (accompanied by skill) can dramatically improve your career trajectory (over being on an H1B).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/3093449-action-item-call-senate-to-pass-h-r-3012-now.html

please partificipate in action items....

IV's contributions

Old 09-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCNeophyte View Post
Just incase if any of you missed to look in Jun 2012 VB.. they already indicated this for EB2 -I/C.. see this for reference, it will not be any positive news for Eb2 until Spring 2013

Source: Visa Bulletin For June 2012

D. CHINA-MAINLAND AND INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE CATEGORY IS UNAVAILABLE

Despite the retrogression of the China and India Employment Second preference cut-off date to August 15, 2007, demand for numbers by applicants with priority dates earlier than that date remained excessive. Such demand is primarily based on cases which had originally been filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for adjustment of status in the Employment Third preference category, and are now eligible to be upgraded to Employment Second preference status. The potential amount of such “upgrade” demand is not currently being reported, but it was evident that the continued availability of Employment Second preference numbers for countries other than China and India was being jeopardized. Therefore, it was necessary to make the China and India Employment Second preference category “Unavailable” in early April, and it will remain so for the remainder of FY-2012.

Numbers will once again be available for China and India Employment Second preference cases beginning October 1, 2012 under the FY-2013 annual numerical limitations. Every effort will be made to return the China and India Employment Second preference cut-off date to the May 1, 2010 date which had been reached in April 2012. Readers should be advised that it is impossible to accurately estimate how long that may take, but current indications are that it would definitely not occur before spring 2013.
I don't think this will happen by spring 2013, if you look at the latest demand data of 31K for EB2-I prior to Jan 1, 2012. It might not even cross Jan 1, 2009 in this fiscal; unless I am totall looking at this numbers the wrong way. [http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...tOffDates.pdf]

Old 09-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pls call your Sen

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon786 View Post
I don't think this will happen by spring 2013, if you look at the latest demand data of 31K for EB2-I prior to Jan 1, 2012. It might not even cross Jan 1, 2009 in this fiscal; unless I am totall looking at this numbers the wrong way. [http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...tOffDates.pdf]
Pls call your Sen that is more important than predictions

Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute

If there's no legislation change, then EB2 I/C and EB3 I/C would be at the same Priority Date in next 2 to 3 years.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/22/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute rajchadha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdlrao View Post

If there's no legislation change, then EB2 I/C and EB3 I/C would be at the same Priority Date in next 2 to 3 years.
Vdlrao
You are the most postive person I know about Eb2 india/china fate...Dont scare me with this kind of statements over and over again----and just for the record I called MI Senators yestreday and today and also made two of my friends do the same.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattangi View Post
Feel sorry for EB3 folks waiting since 2003....they should all port to EB2 and get out of this mess. i think EB3 porting to EB2 is widely accepted by USCIS without any issues...heard good things on this process.
If all EB3 ports to EB2, EB2 will be in same position as EB3. From my old posts you will notice I am not against porting. But please talk sense. Not all EB3 are eligible to port.